It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing Microsoft Surface advert

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Greetings everyone. I'm not a frequent poster but I'm an avid reader of ATS. I post this topic here because I don't have the minimal number of posts so mods, please be gentle. Well just wake up this morning and noticed that Microsoft released a new Surface advert. For those that don't know what Surface is: MS Surface is the Microsoft reply to Apple iPad and to all the tablet fuzz. Maybe is from my morning coffee but I found ''The Surface Movement'' advert very disturbing and gross even if my mind struggle to understand why. I perfectly understand that the purpose of the advert is to catch attention but in my opinion this is sick and like I said disturbing.

The most disturbing part that makes me feel really bad inside starts at 0:27 and ends to 0:31. I see ''centipede'' like dancing movements, little girls with possessed look and what the heck is doing that boy after with his arms?

Of course there's more but I cannot continue and I wait to see everyone's opinion on this. Please share your experience and make me understand why that video looks so crappy. Thank you all.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Paul Kine

Your perception of the world is starting to shift, wont be long before all advs become disturbing to you.
You are awakening.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
well microsoft sure is proud about their (magnetic?) detachable keyboard.

just like the ipod's new commercial is 30 seconds of ipods bouncing around on a table. because god forbid they finally make something that wont break if you drop it a foot off the ground.

apparently the future of electronics is just that 1 bell or whistle per generation.

and on topic. i dont think its any less creepy then other products that try to sell us on the "bandwagon" concept

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
LOL what's wrong with the ad anyway?

Do I need special glasses to see the OBEY sign flashing?

Give it a rest

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Here we go, people picking at anything they lay their eyes on to find something out of order, all to add onto conspiracies. It's nothing more than an advertisement to appeal to as many as possible. A well put together advertisement if you ask me, one of MS best (they really aren't too great at them). Check some Google advertisements, those are freakin' horrible, very disturbing, OR NOT! Please stop before you drive yourself crazy.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Um, it's people dancing.

Perhaps you're out of touch with current trends in popular culture?

It would seem this advertisement is targeting younger, more "hip" people. Thus, if you're not in that category, expect alienation and bepuzzlement more and more and other similar advertisements as this come out.

Try not to yell too much at the kids on your lawn.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Apart the disturbing possessed dancing school girls here what I see:

Masonic Body Sign: Left hand, four fingers stuck in the left side, front waist; bending with the thumb exposed is the sign of a master.

This one I don't know what is it but reminds me of the Vodafone (occult) logo.

Illuminati Occult Symbolism - Phoenix … is believed to be a divine bird going back to Egypt

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Personally I don't see anything either disturbing or really subliminal... What exactly is the disturbing part? The folks in the video seem to be enjoying themselves - especially the part where they're hitting the tablets against the keyboards. Kinda like monkeys hitting two stones together... (You know what they say about small things...
)

Originally posted by Paul Kine
Masonic Body Sign: Left hand, four fingers stuck in the left side, front waist; bending with the thumb exposed is the sign of a master.

How would you grip a tablet when you are dancing around like you've got ants in an uncomfortable place? If it was me I would grip it in exactly the same way.
And personally I would've gone with stork, heron or even crane before I made the "Phoenix" jump.

Sorry folks, but I just don't see anything worth getting distressed about. (Apart from the fact that we don't need yet another tablet on the market...)
edit on 16-10-2012 by Gemwolf because: Missing word

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
What's disturbing is the big corporate giants of the computer industry still hocking their wares as new technology when it is in fact old technology in a flashy new package. Surface indeed.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
And paranoia level 2 begins. Street dance is not in the least bit disturbing and appeals to the target audience which is young techno enthusiasts. I think it's a good ad and would rather have one of them over my laptop and I don't particularly like tablets because I like a keyboard.... it's as if the advert has gotten inside my head and brainwashed me

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
My picture is right next to "Paranoid" in the Encyclopedia Britannica.

However I don't see anything wrong with this video. Am I missing something ?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
This is nothing. You must be a mac fan or something. I see nothing exciting here at all.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
the school girls dancing reminds me of donnie darko, I forget their name, team bliss or sparkle madness, something like that. Donnie would have a field day ripping apart the forced diversity of this choreography.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I find the commercial slightly disturbing as well, but nothing out of the norm.

Some other things worth mentioning are the colors of both the user interface and the keyboards themselves -> Implying "Rainbow" symbolism.

Also, the part around 30s-35s (man surrounded by tablets) is promoting transhumanism on a subliminal level -> People being part of the machine/electronics/gadgets.

If you look even closer, you can connect the shape those tablets around the man form - along with the yellow color - to Transformers; specifically the Autobot Bumblebee -> Hence why I said this was subliminal. You probably won't pick it up right away, but your mind probably will. It connects things.

As for the sounds that you can hear while the keyboards are being attached to the tablets... You could look at this as a "Protest" - probably against their main competition: Apple. People like to be rebels and individuals, thus why a certain demographic - among many - may be attracted to the video as well.

Not commenting on those moves those people make. I think it's pretty clear it implies both materialistic and demonic possession and territory/safe zone protection.

Hope this helps.
edit on 18/10/12 by Cybernet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I suddenly feel the urge to buy one for everyone I know for Christmas. They again I might just go have some wings and a few beers

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

It's the most modern form of dancing called skrillex/dubstep etc robotic and fluid motions, the dancers staring blankly I can relate to, sometimes keeping steps in your head that are choreographed leads to a glazed stare especially when real young, I always had that blank stare at my recitals (ballet) that and the fact I didn't want to do it so maybe they are children that don't remember to smile because they're trying to remember steps or they were forced into it (the commercial) by parents, or both.

top topics

join