It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened in northwest Louisiana? Unexplained Explosion

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It's another supposed meteor crash?

It's hard getting good help nowadays. Try to find a good UFO driver who can keep from crashing into things. I guess it's the alien's texting that's becoming a big problem now, it's not only humans that are having this problem.

Oh, it's just another munitions accident. I guess we had to keep up with the Russians, couldn't let them get all the attention.

edit on 16-10-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bluesma

Yes, I was awakened by the boom. I mentioned the meteor only because it lasted longer than other meteors from all the times I've been able to catch meteor showers out there, so it caught my eye as unusual... After I saw a facebook post about the ammo plant exploding, I drove down to the entrance and there was nothing there. Not a car, not a sound, all was dead silent.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So has the meteorite been completely ruled out here? Too many strange explosions lately.
What is this "disclosure" that the post above is talking about? Was this the Russian gov't disclosure on UFO/Aliens?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
www.accuweather.com...

The Shreveport, La National Weather Service Doppler Radar captured some images of the plume caused by the explosion. The first image captured by the radar occurred at 11:28 pm cdt, with subsequent images captured at 11:37, 11:47, 11:56 and ending at 12:06 am cdt. Based on radar analysis, the plume was initially as high as almost 7200 feet above ground level. The sampled radar imagery is very similar to what is usually seen with smoke plumes associated with wildfires, it was more vertical and concentrated as it traversed the area from southeast to northwest at approximately 10 mph. It slowly dissipated after approximately 34 minutes.
www.srh.noaa.gov...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
This is the 2nd article I have read where this is stated. Could this explain why so many people saw something in the sky?

www.clarionledger.com... ts?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CHome

The units are self-contained, partially underground and designed to send any blast upward and not outward to minimalize damage. Still, windows were shattered in Dixie Inn and Minden.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Screen cap EVERYTHING!
before it gets federally edited.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
More eyewitness comments:

- I just wanna know what I heard zooming past at an incredible speed over my house in longview last night if it wasn't a meteorite!!!!

- Lacey I heard that also, I am a firefighter and was monitoring Webster Sheriff via radio. Their dispatcher got a call from the national weather service and their exact wording he announced over the radio was it was an object out of the ordinary and gave exact coordinates as to where it was that landed. Over just off goodwill road. That doesn't sound like a bunker to me. If in fact the bunker did explode, who's not to say it wasn't from the shock of the original explosion ......

- Camp minden is bs. Im at minden hospital had a baby yesterday and at 1130 pm there was no explosion and it shook minden hospital. This is a cover up

- There was a "Space Van" of some type on Goodwill RD this morning when I was headed to work... I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN A PIC!!!!!!!

- They wouldn't cover up a meteorite with a government mistake, which to me means it was something worse that a meteor. Idk what and I am not worried about it either, because we will only know what they want us to know anyways.

- absolutely nothing was going on at Camp Minden, and I don't believe it was debris because my nephew posted 15 to 20 minutes before we heard and felt the action that he just saw something much larger than any shooting star he had ever seen shooting through the sky.... and he lives in Winnfield

www.facebook.com...

Lot's of confusion and conflicting information.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LSU0408

so your saying the boom was before you visually saw the object?

that could be the sound barrier being broken from entering the atmosphere
whatever it was

edit on 16-10-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Just a hunch here, but , this looks like a good explaination :
www.wtvm.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Now they changed the story

In Houston, they are reporting that this orange streak passed over Killeen Texas, some 322 miles from Minden. Makes you wonder what they are hiding... Here is that link: www.chron.com...​ston-texas/article/Did-a-mete​orite-hit-Louisiana-3952415.p​hp

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ZekeGage

ooooo pictures
but no fires or smoke?
just gets stranger

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Burn Ban: Lake Bistineau
October 15, 2012

The Webster Parish Police Jury and Webster Parish Office of Homeland Security have issued a Burn Ban for the Lake Bistineau Lake Bed effective immediately.

All camp fires, trash fires, and any other open flames are prohibited on the Lake Bed of Lake Bistineau in Webster Parish.

The ban will be in effect until further notice
press-herald.com...:burn-ban-lake-bistineau&catid=34:local-news&Itemid=69

Webster Parish is just southwest of Minden, La., the general area of this unexplained explosion! This area is around 3 hours (Driving Distance) north of the sink-hole in Assumption
en.wikipedia.org...

maby gas venting from an underground pocket,if it was a bunker explosion they would know straight away and not have various authority's stumped to what it was and flying planes around to see what it was
edit on 16-10-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZekeGage
Just a hunch here, but , this looks like a good explaination :
www.wtvm.com...

Two pages ago...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

In Houston, they are reporting that this orange streak passed over Killeen Texas, some 322 miles from Minden. Makes you wonder what they are hiding... Here is that link: www.chron.com...​ston-texas/article/Did-a-mete​orite-hit-Louisiana-3952415.p​hp

maps.google.com...

Missile originating from Gulf of California, shot down from Fort Bliss, downed in LA...

Killeen Texas is right in line with the LA incident and Washington DC too...
edit on 16-10-2012 by paratus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
A few pages back a poster asked about security...the base is secure, all entrances have armed guards, you can't just drive on....

The burn ban info is probably unrelated, the Lake Bistineau area is dry
and a similar ban was lifted not too long ago.

Great thread Loam, if I deliver there this week I'll take some pictures.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

maps.google.com...

Missile originating from Gulf of California, shot down from Fort Bliss, downed in LA...

Killeen Texas is right in line with the LA incident and Washington DC too...
edit on 16-10-2012 by paratus because: (no reason given)

Ft Bliss is a major air defense base. I maybe did or maybe didn't train there for Patriot missile fire control.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

what are you talking about? Where are you getting this information from?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

No no, I'm saying that there was definitely meteor activity last night... And the meteors were bigger than the normal showers we get... I'm sorry for the confusion.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

I have been thinking that it was a missile.
During the meteor shower last night would have been possible for it to go undetected.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
A 7200 foot tall smoke cloud is kinda hard to miss. Who makes up these lies?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join