It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened in northwest Louisiana? Unexplained Explosion

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

The red X is where "X" was, the blue X is the freight gate -

I forgot one important detail too, X stated they have always been told the explosives stored in the bunkers are very "stable" and it would be very difficult for them to blow....of course the base has had at least one bunker blow up before, so not sure of the validity of that.
edit on 27-10-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Okay...so it's not unreasonable that an explosion at L1 could sound to be coming from the direction of the freight gate, especially at the distance that X was from both.

What's most interesting is X's description of what they saw after.
And they only mention one explosion. There were supposedly two (and two are seen in the security cam footage, though only one seems to have a shockwave from it).

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

According to the map you posted, the red "x" where the Mr "X" works is another bunker site. Is this a bar inside a bunker, or perhaps Mr."X" marked the map in error?

Map Coordinates 32.553309, -93.443775

edit on 28-10-2012 by wirefly because: ETA: Map Coordinates

edit on 28-10-2012 by wirefly because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-10-2012 by wirefly because: AAAARGGGHH!!! Cuz imma dummy

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by wirefly

You are absolutely correct

My confusion I guess was with "The Times" map, it is not very accurate.

This is a correct representation, using your Bing map, same symbols, red X = location of employee X, blue X = freight gate - - >

Good catch.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

In that case, it re-intriguings it that the explosion sounded to be coming from the freight gate as opposed to L1.

Maybe impact.ese.ic.ac.uk... is wrong and it is possible for a small meteor to explode at 7000 ft and create the size of explosion that was seen/heard. It would explain a lot.
edit on 28-10-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think I've worn out the impact effects program, but I've got just one possibility on the meteor front:

An extremely high-density meteor (9000 kg/m³) about 10 metres in diameter and traveling at a typical velocity (17 km/s) at a typical angle (45°) will explode at under 8000 ft (the program predicts 7730 ft), which is comparable to the 7200 ft plume seen on radar.

There are two problems with this:
- the predicted shockfront from the airburst is more violent than what actually occurred (though that could be within the margin of error)
- asteroids don't exist with such high densities... it would have had to be a chunk of copper, nickel, or cobalt, or some other combination of materials to give a similar density

Here's a map showing the effect of such an airburst according to the program, given the location of the explosion as described by Signal's witness:

In the outer blue area, windows shatter.
In the purple area, all windows shatter, there is mild building damage, and 30% of trees fall.
In the inner red area, all buildings are damaged/destroyed and 90% of trees fall.
The black X is the location of the exploded bunker and the white X is the security camera.

The airburst overpressure is similar to what was seen at the distance of the security camera footage. The real difference is the lack of destruction in the red area...and that is a very significant difference. I'm not sure what could explain the lack of damage if it was a meteor airburst.
But, then, it's also hard to explain the lack of damage from such a massive bunker explosion.

So, yeah...I'm still confused.

posted on Nov, 4 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
A whole new angle on this anyone?

Here it is: I was watching the program America's Most Secret Structures www.youtube.com... and I wondered where the locations were of the Space Fence which is part of the 20th Space control squadron located at Site C6, Eglund airforce base Florida. They were the group that tracked US Space satellite 193 which was destroyed in Feb 2008.

Here's just the segment on the Space Fence - www.youtube.com...

The space fence has 3 arrays which are at:
Jordan Lake, Alabama - 30 mi. N of Montgomery AL
Lake Kickapoo, Texas - 100 NW of Dallas, TX
Gila River, Arizona - 150 mi. E of San Diego CA

Now see camp Minden on a map and guess what?
They all lie around 33 degrees North latitude.

Coincidence?
I have my doubts
edit on 4-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added link

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this yet? Could be what happened here...

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Now see camp Minden on a map and guess what?
They all lie around 33 degrees North latitude.

Coincidence?
I have my doubts
edit on 4-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: added link

Are you also aware that NASA operates in Louisiana? The place is HUGE, and people go right by it off of interstate I-10 going east.

Also, here is an interesting article about ecological forecasting for the area, funded by NASA and just published the first of this month. One of those things that makes you want to go, hmmmm.

www.directionsmag.com... ing/285160

Southeast Louisiana, including St. Bernard Parish (Figure 1), is very susceptible to tropical cyclones and high water caused by seasonal flooding events. Continued degradation of coastal forests and wetlands causes St. Bernard to lose more of its natural protective barriers, which in turn, exposes it to greater water inundation risk. In 2005, Hurricanes Katrina and Rita severely damaged many ecosystems that served as natural barriers, which provided protection against the human and non-human populations of St. Bernard Parish. In order to protect the communities within St. Bernard Parish, restore coastal biodiversity, and provide measures to counteract coastal land loss, it is imperative that these vital coastal ecosystems be rebuilt. Volunteer groups, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and government entities often work separately and independently of each other and use different sets of information to choose the best planting sites for restoring coastal forests.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

What you are speaking about is Michoud NASA Facility, it was converted to produce wind turbines. After they scrapped the shuttle. It originally produced the rocket boosters.
edit on 12-11-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CajunBoy
reply to post by Sissel

What you are speaking about is Michoud NASA Facility, it was converted to produce wind turbines. After they scrapped the shuttle. It originally produced the rocket boosters.
edit on 12-11-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

Yes, but did you read the linked article? Switching to wind turbines isn't all that's going on there still. Awesome museum, if you ever get the time to visit.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yet another explosion. I truly believe this is an actual bunker explosion, but thought I'd pass along the info.

www.ksla.com...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Not sure if this is the thread it belongs in but wanted to bring it to the forum none the less.

______beforeitsnews/strange/2012/11/another-building-explodes-in-indiana-3-in-less-than-a-week-2445348.html

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

I have visited it numerous times, I only live an hour and a half away lol

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
A month and a half later, suddenly the LSP finds over 1,000,000 pounds of smokeless black powder and fertilizer and now we have to evacuate Friday... Take a look at the picture and tell me how in the hell they missed THAT...

www.ktbs.com...

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
First an explosion now this:

Law enforcement officers will have roadblocks in place at 6 a.m., Saturday, shutting Doyline off from the rest of the world.
found Here

Doyline residents are being encouraged to leave their homes Friday night and stay away throughout the weekend as authorites will be moving 1 million pounds of an explosive propellant powder from Explo Systems, Inc., a munitions dismantling company at Camp Minden.
here
The explosion got huge attention. Why is this so okay, everyday? Where are the locals and their comments on this?
edit on 1-12-2012 by AuntB because: fix link

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

This is crazy, just saw on local news the schools are closed tomorrow (Monday) and probably Tuesday while they "clean up".

One million pounds....I find it very hard to believe even a gov. contractor could get away with storing this improperly.

I delivered to Camp Minden Friday, and there were 2 helicopters landing right by the main entrance when I was leaving. One looked to be state police, it was navy blue and gold.

There's more to this than what they're telling us, that's for sure. Gave me the creeps being there.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Now they are saying

SIX MILLION POUNDS

of improperly stored explosives!

www.ktbs.com...

More than 6 million pounds, that's the new estimate law enforcement gave on the amount of explosives improperly stored by Explo at Camp Minden. That's bad news for those in Doyline displaced by the explosives cleanup. Law enforcement say the process could go into Tuesday and possible bad weather then could extend the cleanup. Dozens of Explo employees and state officials are carefully working to cleanup, repack and transport the stuff to a safer place in Camp Minden. The process is slow for safety and the amount of work staggering, which means more time is needed before Doyline residences get the all clear to return home.

edit on 2-12-2012 by Signals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Now they are saying

SIX MILLION POUNDS

of illegally stored explosives!

www.ktbs.com...

More than 6 million pounds, that's the new estimate law enforcement gave on the amount of explosives improperly stored by Explo at Camp Minden. That's bad news for those in Doyline displaced by the explosives cleanup. Law enforcement say the process could go into Tuesday and possible bad weather then could extend the cleanup. Dozens of Explo employees and state officials are carefully working to cleanup, repack and transport the stuff to a safer place in Camp Minden. The process is slow for safety and the amount of work staggering, which means more time is needed before Doyline residences get the all clear to return home.

wasn't Illegally.. it was improperly ..

even still .. how can someone who's in charge of such project .. over see 6,000,000lbs of tnt/explosives .. ?? !!!

something's up for sure~!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Thanks - fixed

<< 34  35  36    38 >>

join