It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened in northwest Louisiana? Unexplained Explosion

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LotusUprising
At 1:27 in that video, the reporter stated that it was a train going by. Possibly misspoke but I thought it interesting.

That's right, and even if it was misspoken, that just means it was not a thorough story from beginning to end... Hmm, imagine that one...

posted on Oct, 23 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Im not sure if anyone caught this or not...

arklatexhomepage.com...

"Sheriff Gary Sexton was on his way home from a hunting trip. He was almost thirty miles away, when he saw something strange in the night sky just before 11:30.

"When I witnesses the flash in the sky - actually it was two flashes almost simultaneously," said Sexton.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RationalDespair
Just checked back on the thread and had a *lot* of posts to catch up with, but this is still a very interesting thread and I want to post my 2 cents about the footage of the two explosions.

For those who missed it, here´s the footage from the security camera:

At 10:30:33 and a bit, the first flash starts and lasts a full 5 seconds untill it dies out around 10:30:38 and everything goes dark again. About 4 seconds later, at 10:30:42 and a bit, two events start almost at the same time: first the second flash of light and immediately after that, debris or dust flying from the lighted scene towards and past the camera.

Now I´ve seen some explanations about the camera being approximately 3 miles from the bunker site and that the shockwave took 10 seconds to reach the camera. This is assuming the shockwave is the result from the first flash. The problem I have with this is that this comes down to around a velocity of 482 meters per second. As far as I could find, shockwaves from explosive ammunition or explosives usually travel about 2000 m/s up to Mach 28.

Maybe someone with more experience could enlighten me here? Right now I feel that there are two possible explanations for this "anomaly":

1) The first explosion was much farther away than 3 miles (at least 4 to 5 times as far)
2) The shockwave is the result of the second explosion.

Unfortunately, the footage isn´t long enough to see if another shockwave followed.

If 2 is true, then it took only about half a second for the shockwave to reach the camera, maybe a full second since the explosion was behind the treeline and likely occured a bit earlier than what we see. Assuming the second explosion was indeed 3 miles away (the bunker), then the shockwave traveled at 4828 m/s up to 9656 m/s. So roughly speaking, this complies to an ammunition storage exploding and propagating a high velocity shockwave. This would imply that the first explosion was indeed the trigger for the second, and had no traceable shockwave.

I know I made a lot of assumptions and rough calculations, but you get the idea. I was trying to enforce the idea that the bunker indeed exploded, but this was done by means of an external trigger.

I actually drove by Camp Minden yesterday and wanted to make sure I knew where Lott's Service Center was. I do not believe that the camera is 3 miles from the impact site (or what they are calling the impact site). I would say maybe 1 1/2 miles, at the most. I also think the first explosion *DID* happen further away...my guess is about 11-12 miles away over Minden, LA, which is why windows were busted out THERE and not so much as close to Camp Minden (which is actually between Dixie Inn and Haughton, LA).

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NWLouisianaMom

So the mystery deepens. Has there been any further up-dates?

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
We haven't heard ANYTHING more. We are just supposed to accept the bunker baloney. A whole bunch of folks around here, including some in law enforcement, fire personnel, etc., think there is something being hid. The big red flag that I have going off in my head is this: I have been here for SEVERAL explosions at Camp Minden and NONE have been ANYWHERE near what this one was. (By the way, that train in the pictures always sat there...or so I was told by someone in the know.)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NWLouisianaMom
I actually drove by Camp Minden yesterday and wanted to make sure I knew where Lott's Service Center was. I do not believe that the camera is 3 miles from the impact site (or what they are calling the impact site). I would say maybe 1 1/2 miles, at the most. I also think the first explosion *DID* happen further away...my guess is about 11-12 miles away over Minden, LA, which is why windows were busted out THERE and not so much as close to Camp Minden (which is actually between Dixie Inn and Haughton, LA).

Thanks for that info! That reinforces my assumption that the first explosion was much further away than Camp Minden. Since I've seen no evidence of a blast site anywhere else, it may indeed have been an airborne explosion, causing the windows blown out as you stated. Maybe a missile interception? Meteor explosion? For me it strengthens the theory that the bunker was blown on purpose to distract us from the real events happening that night.
edit on 24/10/2012 by RationalDespair because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I'll bet some satellites were downed, by the hand of God.

If ever they didn't want us to know of an event, it would be that.

Satellites are the hands and arms of technofascistology. There's more to them than merely broadcasting assimilation propaganda.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I've also been meaning to post that the picture of the busted out windows that are shown in most news articles says DIXIE FLOORS, which may lead some to think that this business is located in Dixie Inn (which is closer to Camp Minden). The business is actually in downtown Minden.

We are so close to Barksdale AFB, that I figured they were doing something that messed up that had to be covered up OR something was downed at Camp Minden because it was one of the least populated areas around.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by NWLouisianaMom

I agree, I have been thinking that all along. I figure they were having a training exercise and someone messed up big time and they just don't want us to know it. Something bigger is coming however. I have recently found out that a friend of mine was about to end their time in the military and was put on a stop loss and told they would be sent to Lebanon. Hmmm that will get you thinking won't it.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Just out of interest.
Has anyone been watching the Meteor Detector today?

Meteor Detector

Look to the sky if it's dark near you..

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterPainter

As I have laboriously stated in the thread that was posted about this last night, that signal is not from meteor strikes. The VHF signal that Meteorscan sends out to bounce off meteors is, in this case, being reflected off the Troposphere because of high-reflectivity conditions. That's all it is...the system's own detection signal being reflected back at it.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime

Yeah just looked at that thread.

Thanks.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by scrog77

www.war-of-the-worlds.org...

People love it that's why.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Anyone think all the dead trees All Around the sink hole is strange?
What sq mile or better? Those trees are Dead , Its not fall here YET..

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hbarker

Sinkhole discussion is over here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can tell you, those trees are alive, it takes a lot to kill them. And it is fall, we have been having cold front pass through since late September.
edit on 27-10-2012 by CajunBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

When are you going to post what you learned? Sent you a U2U.

Very interested in the eyewitness account you received.
edit on 27-10-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by hbarker
Anyone think all the dead trees All Around the sink hole is strange?
What sq mile or better? Those trees are Dead , Its not fall here YET..

You are aware that there are over 200 miles in between the location of the sinkhole and Camp Minden?

I don't think they are connected in any way, well .... other than those in the know not telling we the people what it is that they know!

And no they are not dead, and YES it is fall here!

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Made a delivery to Camp Minden yesterday. Unfortunately I was not in the big delivery truck, but a regular size SUV, as it was a small delivery. If I had been in the big truck my pictures would have been much more interesting, as the road from the freight gate to the main part of the base leads you by the trains, and areas I believe to be closer to the explosion.

I'm posting some pics, although none are of the "bunker site"... I was only allowed to enter the main gate, go to a 2nd security station, obtain a temporary pass, proceed with the delivery, return to security station to return the pass, then exit the facility. I did speak to an employee at my delivery point, who I will refer to as "X".

I'm a little nervous about posting this because I'm not sure how sensitive any of this is...

From Interstate 20 -

From HWY 80 about to arrive at main gate -

From main gate -

Once inside, the building on the right I believe to be some type of dormitory -

X happened to be working the night it happened. X showed me the pictures that fell from the wall when it happened, and a large wooden door, like the kind that opens on a bar to let the employees enter the bar area. The door was propped up against the wall, in the open position. When the explosion happened, the door slammed down on the bar, cutting through an electric cord that was plugged into a machine used for warming food. The force of the door nearly snapped the thick cord in half.

Needless to say X was very shocked and scared when they felt and heard the blast. An interesting comment was that X stated the blast came from the freight gate area, which doesn't make sense, as there are no bunkers there. As soon as X experienced the blast, they went outside. X's description is as follows as to what they saw in the sky - "It was like a finale of a large, city-sponsored fireworks show. I saw a large fireball in the air, and streamers of fire raining down in the forest, like chunks of material that were still on fire." X also noted that the fireball was in the direction of the freight gate, and was in the sky, not coming from the ground. X went back inside, and called a family member. Family member had a base pass, and is a reserve fire-fighter. Family member told X to shut the place down, and come home (home is off-base). Family member and a friend went on base shortly after, looking for the blast area, but were unable to find any fire or evidence of blast in the woods. X felt this was strange, due to the fire-fighter experience.

X also saw a huge smoke cloud in the sky when they went back outside after calling family member.

X brought up the strangeness of people in Shreveport/Minden and surrounding areas reporting a meteor type event shortly before the explosion, but local media totally going for the "bunker explosion" theory a day or two later, abandoning all evidence of meteor type event. I asked X about supposed black suburbans seen on base in the following days, but they didn't see any activity regarding this and were not questioned by anyone concerning the event.

X also stated they almost made some conspiratorial comments on the KTBS news site, concerning the meteor type event cover-up, but thought better of it, since they are a government employee.....

The building with the vehicles is the 2nd security station, behind that is a church (see the steeple), behind that (but not pictured) is one of the bunkers....The bunker "roof" stands about 12 feet high and is covered with grass/dirt, like a buried building.

*Hope you enjoyed.

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

That's an intriguing story from Mr. X.
Do you think you could point out where on the map of Camp Minden the freight gate and X's position are located?

posted on Oct, 27 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Awesome job!

Thanks for adding to the story.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38 >>

join