It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened in northwest Louisiana? Unexplained Explosion

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by herrw

I did see a show or news report where a college professor was able to demonstrate how he could hack into a drone and control it in flight.

Once again I will state that the target....if it was in fact targeted by someone.....was not chosen for its military value.
tit for tats don't rely on that.

Nothing at this point is going to convince me that a random meteor...of the perfect size to blow this bunker up, yet not big enough to leave any crater...caused this.......rule the amazing meteor theory out.

we have two distinct flashes...one wasn't the bunker....not even the government will glob onto the meteor theory to sell this....who would believe it?.......but if it were the truth we would have heard it from them in less than 10 hours and we would be looking at CGI reproductions on all the cable news networks.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by herrw

Wrong, it is still a Louisiana National Guard controlled installation, complete with training facilities, armored personnel carriers, Hum-vees, tanks, etc.

Armed troops guard each entrance / exit....not the rent-a-cop kind, either.

What of the people reporting overnighting hunters and kids school and such? Are they misinformed?Do you know if those things are true?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I was the one that posted that info, so if you don't want to take my word for it, just check out what the websites have to say.

geauxguard.com

MORALE, WELFARE, AND RECREATION

Enlisted Club:
Located in Bldg117 open 6 days a week 1730 – 2300hrs. Assorted beverages, snack food, music, large screen HDTV, darts and pool table.

LODGING (PENDING AVAILABILITY):
The billeting fees for single occupancy with full size bed and private bath on Official duties are $30.00 and unofficial $37.63. IDT rate for a room with full size bed and private bath is $20.00. To register call 318.382.4159 (Scheduled to be open in Sept 11) Post Exchange: 0730-1700 Tuesday – Friday (light snacks, food, soft drinks and beer). Currently located on the south side of Bldg A120 but in the future AAFES is expected to open a new facility on Post.

Hunting:
Hunting is open to LANG members and State Military Department Employees, including retirees, with valid military SMD Identification card. Primary hunters are authorized to bring one guest per hunting period. Guests must be accompanied by sponsor. Hunting days are set in accordance with provisions set by Louisiana Dept of Wildlife 2011-2012 Louisiana Hunting Regulations. Primary Hunters pay $50.00 per season or $15.00 per day. Guest Hunters pay $100.00 per season or $25.00 per day. ATV registration is $10.00 per season.

Trailers:
Four trailers are available which can be utilized during Hunting Season or on weekends. The cost of the rental is $10.00 per night. Bunk House: During hunting season, on a first come first serve basis,there are open bay bunks available in a heated bldg with showers for $5.00 per night.

Youth ChalleNGe Program
Louisianawww.ngycp.org

The Louisiana Youth ChalleNGe Program is a multifaceted program that aims to help at-risk adolescents achieve their education and become productive and responsible members of society.

The first phase of the Louisiana Youth ChalleNGe Program is a 5 month residential alternative military-like school that offers at-risk adolescents an opportunity to work on their education and life skills in a structured and disciplined environment.

Teamwork, discipline, academic excellence and personal growth are emphasized.

The second phase is a 12 month post-residential phase that consists of case managers and community mentors assisting cadets to put into action goals they have realized in the residential phase. During the post-residential phase cadets are monitored as they return to their communities to continue their education or begin employment.

Louisiana has three Youth ChalleNGe locations:

*Camp Beauregard in Pineville
Classes begin in January and July

*Camp Minden near Bossier City
Classes begin in February and August

*The Gillis Long Center in Carville near Baton Rouge
Classes begin in April and October.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Thanks that sure gives a whole different view to the place in my book. Not worth blowing up, but maybe ok for a misleading action.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
so..has this all been swept under the rug already?
news sources are so quiet its deafening.
this seems to have been shut down VERY quickly!!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by autopat51

Yeah, pretty much. Did anyone see a picture of the 7200 ft cloud blast?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I just realized something. Of the meteor sightings mentioned in this thread, only one (the one seen by a member just after the explosion) was from East to West. At the time, Orion (where the Orionids originate from) was just below the horizon to the East-Northeast. That means that every Orionid meteor should be originating roughly from the East. From there, it can head either to the West (overhead), South, or North, but they will always begin in an Easterly direction relative to their heading.

Either the multiple "meteor" sightings during the 2 hours before the bunker explosion weren't Orionid meteors or they weren't meteors at all. These were the sightings at 9:28, 10:20, 10:25, and 10:30. The sighting at 10:25 was the white tail-less object seen from an unknown location, and it's possible that the 10:20 and 10:30 sightings are of the same object given how unreliable times are. There was also a "fireball" sighting at about 11:15, but no direction was given. It's interesting that they're very nearly at hour intervals and along the same line, from Longview, Texas, to Minden, right up until the time of the explosion. As I said, the only meteor sighting after that in the area was seen going in the opposite direction, corresponding to an actual Orionid meteor.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
Either the multiple "meteor" sightings during the 2 hours before the bunker explosion weren't Orionid meteors or they weren't meteors at all.

It's interesting that they're very nearly at hour intervals and along the same line, from Longview, Texas, to Minden, right up until the time of the explosion. As I said, the only meteor sighting after that in the area was seen going in the opposite direction, corresponding to an actual Orionid meteor.

I think it is also interesting that the orbit duration of an object in Low Earth Orbit (LEO) is Also about 1 hour, depending upon orbital velocity and actual, average, orbital altitude. And whether the object is following a Polar orbit (common for "spy" satellites), or the more common tran-equitorial orbit (used by most commercial satellites and other spacecraft).

It might be possible, for those more mathematically gifted than I, to begin to calculate a possible "near earth" origin for these, rather mysterious, "meteors".

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
reply to post by herrw

Wrong, it is still a Louisiana National Guard controlled installation, complete with training facilities, armored personnel carriers, Hum-vees, tanks, etc.

Armed troops guard each entrance / exit....not the rent-a-cop kind, either.

heh, color me stupid, then. That will teach me to listen to hearsay.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Here's the first sound example I can find.

No indication where this was actually taken though. Frankly, it doesn't sound that impressive.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz

Originally posted by LSU0408
"All Quiet About Explosion"

www.thenewsstar.com...

"Explo Systems Inc. officials canceled two news conferences Tuesday morning. Explo has not yet made an official statement about the blast."

this is unacceptable.

In this day and age the people of the USA should be asking why a Bomb holding depot was left unguarded....Jesus H Christ, have these people learned nothing...Explo inc should be in Guantanamo for aiding and abetting...
Who gives these Clowns these contracts.???...Gary Mckinnon is the least of the USA's Problems when you have private companies like Explo inc on YOUR side....?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Found a Youtube copy of the "flashes" security cam footage.

Placing it here for those that might have missed it a few pages back. Recorded at Lott's Service Center less than 3 miles away from Camp Minden. Time code is an hour behind, you will see one orange flash then a very big second orange flash.

Ful news report about this footage is at ktbs.com

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Well it has been removed now.
I'm pretty sure that video was aired in some of the ktbs reports without the sound.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam

No indication where this was actually taken though. Frankly, it doesn't sound that impressive.

removed already!

CLPrime- so the Orionids hadnt come over the horizon at the time of the sightings and explosion?
i seriously cant believe how quiet the media is over this, its baffling.

Any locals able to get down there and snoop around a little?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Ok here a other fire ball
Boom
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I'm about 15 minutes from Goodwill Rd... I could drive out there and look, but chances are, I would have to find a reasonable area and park so I could get out and go look around. Plus by now it wouldve been covered I bet.

On a side note, I saw a 2010+ model white Buick SUV coming out of the plant this morning at 7:30, it was right behind a log truck filled with good sized logs...

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium
Ok here a other fire ball
Boom
www.abovetopsecret.com...

How about that...making me think of this more and more!!!!

edit on 19-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
I just realized something. Of the meteor sightings mentioned in this thread, only one (the one seen by a member just after the explosion) was from East to West. At the time, Orion (where the Orionids originate from) was just below the horizon to the East-Northeast. That means that every Orionid meteor should be originating roughly from the East. From there, it can head either to the West (overhead), South, or North, but they will always begin in an Easterly direction relative to their heading.

Either the multiple "meteor" sightings during the 2 hours before the bunker explosion weren't Orionid meteors or they weren't meteors at all. These were the sightings at 9:28, 10:20, 10:25, and 10:30. The sighting at 10:25 was the white tail-less object seen from an unknown location, and it's possible that the 10:20 and 10:30 sightings are of the same object given how unreliable times are. There was also a "fireball" sighting at about 11:15, but no direction was given. It's interesting that they're very nearly at hour intervals and along the same line, from Longview, Texas, to Minden, right up until the time of the explosion. As I said, the only meteor sighting after that in the area was seen going in the opposite direction, corresponding to an actual Orionid meteor.

GREAT CATCH... I never even thought of that... So now the story gets even more interesting, WTF did these people see???

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
i applaud everyone here who is digging into this event!!!
i am glued to this thread daily!!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

CLPrime- so the Orionids hadnt come over the horizon at the time of the sightings and explosion?

1 "meteor" was sighted at 9:28 (if that time can be trusted... the witness specifically stated that they looked at the clock). At that time, the origin of the Orionids, which is just off the extended arm of Orion, was a little below the horizon. Though, meteors can still be seen when the origin is below the horizon...they just have to be traceable back to that origin below the horizon.
2 or 3 were sighted between 10:20 and 10:30. Actually, if I were to hazard a guess, I would guess that 2 objects were observed -- one, a white tail-less object, at about 10:25, and another, described as a red fireball, a couple minutes earlier. The origin of the Orionids at this time was at the horizon.
1 was sighted at about 11:15, just before the explosion, when the origin was a little above the horizon.

All but the last of these objects were seen going from West to East. That means they were heading toward the point where the Orionids come from, when they should have been originating from that direction. Whatever they were, they could not have been Orionid meteors.

The object at 11:15 had no reported direction, so we can't say if that was an Orionid or not.
1 final object was seen just after the explosion in a direction and location consistent with an Orionid meteor.

And we musn't forget the person in Longview, Texas, who reported hearing something "zooming" over their house at the time these "meteors" were being sighted.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join