It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened in northwest Louisiana? Unexplained Explosion

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus

I was thinking the same thing, kind of.
Perhaps the "UFO" was attempting to disarm or destroy arms/weapons we were preparing to send overseas for a strike.
Much like multiple videos and accounts of UFO's surveiling, inspecting and even shooting beams/lasers at bunkers or missile in flight. Possible interaction of US forces downing a UFO while the UFO is interacting with arms or munitions or even possibly nukes.

FAR FETCHED but just an idea. Big enough to warrant detonating a bunker and a 7 hour lapse in reports in order to sustain a COVERUP.

For the last 10 years I have avoided stories like that. More and more my guard is coming down on that one. Not sure why, but it almost doesn't sound so crazy anymore.

Something big happened or they wouldn't be covering things up and changing the story. Obviously someone told the news people to start lying. If they are going to risk being exposed by faking the news then it must be something worth covering up.

In whatever way this does feel war related in my gut. It's why I was originally following the Russian Missile Sub possibility. Maybe it is an alien, however, that doesn't want us to have WWIII..

Seriously though, that Bunker has nothing to do with the lights in the sky or the flash.. I am almost sure of this, based on what the news is changing, and the false info from 2006.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have a few things to add.
Know someone that put in the grounding system at a bldg in Ft. Mindy - said there was a LOT of ammo there at one time.

Have a friend who's folks lives close to Ft. Mindy. Got her to call her folks- the explosion was so bad it rattled them out of bed and broke windows. Store fronts are blown out in Minden.

They didn't smell anything but nose surgery & meds might be the culpret- they are going to ask younger friends with better noses in the area.

They say the cops are really crooked. Some folks think the cops might have taken someone out there to do them in and accidentally set off something. Interesting but say not very many people trust the local police there.

Say there was a lot of air traffic at the base before and after the event.- like it was crazy - the most they'd seen in 30 years of living there.

They heard ONE explosion. They've heard explosions before there from the base but NOTHING like this. Never anything like this - the whole night was different.

They say that the local cops are combing the ground for just anything.
None of the locals are buying the official - at this point- stories- coming out.
-------------------------------

Honestly, sounds to me like there was a test and maybe a new missle and a tracking system went wrong and it was either blown up, or made to self destruct before it hit the ground.

JMO. The fact that they say that there was a lot of air traffic into that base tells me that if it was a missle, they were probably expecting it and it was one of our own.

edit on 17-10-2012 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
The wind was calm that night.

www.wunderground.com...

Thank you roadgravel!!! I should have known to look on wunderground.

I'm just trying to figure out the wind drifting the smoke plume to the north east. Since it took it 30 mins to dissipate from the radar makes since that the winds were calm.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lbridges1111
reply to post by LSU0408

Hm. That's odd. I wanted to drive out yesterday, but had too much going on, and just couldn't get out there. I will keep you posted if I hear/see anything. Not sure if it's even worth a drive out. I'm sure security is very tight. A friend of mine suggested trying to get a soil sample.

Sounds good... I'll be on throughout different times of the evening...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

I live a few miles from here and was awake when the blast occurred and have been obsessing over the story every since. Clicked on your link, but I didn't see any recent clean up activity. Am I missing something?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LSU0408

Alright! I may grab a friend, and pull a "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind" mission. If I'm not back, remember me as the amateur reporter/conspiracy theorist/local singer/songwriter, and mother of two, who had good intentions for finding truth.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I've been following this with extreme interest since yesterday evening. Given the accounts quoted in this thread, it's hard, if not impossible, to track down one single object that people were seeing on the night the explosion occurred. In fact, having gone over everything that's been presented so far, this is what I've got:

1st object - 9:28 pm; W to E (toward Minden, LA); seen from Shreveport, LA; "red"
2nd object - 10:20 pm; W to E (toward Minden, LA); seen from south Bossier, LA; "meteor"
3rd object - 10:25 pm; W to E; seen from unknown location; "white" with no trail
4th object - 10:30 pm; W to E; seen from Longview, TX (to the north); "fireball" with a trail
unknown object heard "zooming" over a house (direction?) in Longview, TX, time?
5th object - 11:15 pm; unknown direction; seen from Winnfield, LA; "fireball"
*bunker explosion - 11:26 pm; debris cloud up to 7200 ft lasting about 40 minutes
(possible debris hits shop in Dixie Inn about 3 miles to the northeast)

shortly after the explosion, orange pulsating lights seen
6th object - 11:30 pm; E to W; seen from Doyline, LA (to the south); "meteor"

If we assume that the 9:28 time should be 10:28 and allow for the 10:25–10:30 times to be a bit off, then we could force the 1st, 2nd, and 4th sightings to be of the same object. If that's the case, then we have the following:

1st object - 10:25–10:30 pm; W to E on a line from Longview to Minden; "red meteor/fireball"
followed by the 5th and 6th objects and the bunker explosion, and preceded by the 3rd (white trail-less) object

Even if the 9:28 pm sighting is the correct time, then we can still assume that the 2nd and 4th objects are the same.

No matter what, we have at least 4 unique objects seen in the sky:

- 3 within 2 hours before the explosion heading west to east along a line from Longview to Minden
- 1 within minutes after the explosion heading east to west far to the south of Minden

To me, the explosion itself does at least look like it could be a bunker explosion, and the plume seen on radar matches what one would expect from a blast directed upward. And anyway, there's only one object (the one at around 11:15) that could be responsible for the explosion, even if it were a missile or something of that nature... the rest were too early or too late. And the object at around 11:15 was seen from Winnfield, far to the south of Minden. It could have been over the Minden area at the time, but that would mean it never impacted.

Given that this isn't the first incident at Camp Minden, even recently, and that the apparent meteor sightings were spread out and at times not associated with the bunker explosion, I would have to say that it's just a coincidence that an obviously common bunker explosion occurred during a period of heightened meteor activity in the area.
(And by the way, just to note about the white meteor with no tail... meteors can be white, and they have no tail if there is no significant debris. The fact that it was the white one that had no trailing debris is likely not a coincidence.)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

edit on 17-10-2012 by NiteNGale2 because: Link already provided to wunderground in previous post

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Given the fact that people reported flashes in the sky and fireball when whatever it was hit the ground, it feels to me that this might've been an aircraft of some kind. I'm only speculating but I don't think that meteors cause flashes like what was described or large fireballs when they hit the ground. I always thought that they would give of a constant light because it would be on fire

Like I said I'm only spit ballin' here but I have a strange feeling about this explosion.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

This is a most perplexing series of events which simply does not add up. The bunker story is feasible if it were not for the objects viewed glowing in the sky with multiple viewings by local residents at different times. The bunker theory does not explain this at all. The lights in the sky and the explosion times do not match therefore the only conclusion is that something was incoming.

It does not seem that a meteor meets the test because if there were multiple objects (based on the sighting times) then there should be multiple crash sites. If there are multiple objects and only one explosion site then the incoming "object" was directed.

When we look at the same occurrences in Russia and Turkey this leads one to consider that an undeclared tit for tat attack has occurred (unless the aliens are cleaning house).

One possibility that I have not seen considered is that Russia and the US both have weapons that have been kept from the public which are being used covertly.

How about this?

"EM ball from the Woodpecker grid weapon transmitters, performing a simulated test of the multiple-vehicle kill mode, using a large "electromagnetic missile" created and moved by the associated scalar howitzers."

www.cheniere.org...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium

Originally posted by paratus

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
reply to post by paratus

i dont see the connection the link you posted
that was just a small explosive device he was holding, not something descending from the sky

i know, just posting what I find, it seems arsenal/arms explosions are very common.

2 biggies, Russia, and now Louisiana.

This one also
Getting interesting or what

www.bbc.co.uk...

Then besides all these ammo explosions, there is the
Oil refineries
Venezualan one in Aug 2012
California's largest refinery
August 2012

Does look like something is going on beside the unexplained explosions and there have been so many missile type things seemn also.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well Russia's explosion, and this could have been an exchange of under the radar attack, and could have targetted chemical, depleted uranium and even bacteriological weapons and they hope, genocidal murderers that all the world's mismanagers are, to harm as many citizens as possible.

That would be how I'd read this.
edit on 17-10-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

It looks like the last wind of the day was light from the SE so a slow drift NW would seem reasonable. The next morning the wind was SE again. That direction off the gulf is common along the coastal states.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Azdraik
Well, if ammo dumps are being targeted.. should keep an eye on Hawthorne, NV that is a huge storage facility.

I just find it odd that we have a Russian dump go up, then 2 in the US on the same evening.

If there was a secret war going on the contaminated foods and meds might also be a part of hit for hit.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by themasterofunlocking
I live in the Choudrant area and work in Monroe. I have a friend who was stationed at the army base where this happened. According to him (on Facebook) it was an old bunker that "exploded". Sounds weird to me. I'll ask him on facebook what the real story is.

Seems like if anything is hidden asking on FB would be the wrong way to get info. If you wanted the truth it would have to be in person and not even by phone.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anmarie96
Let's face it folks - this is a complete cover up.

1) Earlier poster (sorry, forgot your name) - After explosion, took a drive to the bunker area where nothing was going on = um, an explosion with a mushroom cloud of that size would certainly have left an after effect for some time.

2) As stated in #1, an explosion of that size would certainly have an after effect = BURNING THINGS = Reporters covering said fire that ensued after such and explosion.

3) Fire Trucks on scene

4) Police on scene

5) Reports from eye witnesses

Yeah something HUGE went on here!

it reminds me of this one where there was something clearly physical and unknown involved.
Mysterious Booms in Michigan "Not From Earthquakes or Jets" - May 27, 2012

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trillium

Originally posted by Liamoville

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
screenshot from the newscast;

What the... That's no 'explosion from the ground' that looks like something has hit the ground and gone straight through the trees? That looks like the ground damage of a plane crash.

If there was an explosion that produce a 7,000 feet cloud.
I'm 99.9999 % sure most of the tree around the spot would be laying on the ground for a few 100 of feet all around.
Majar Big Fail

Exactly my thoughts! This "debris field" as they have referred to it, looks like its smaller than even a plane crash would cause. Any impact and/or ground explosion strong enough to cause a 7,200 ft mushroom cloud would most likely have leveled a large area - not just poofed some dirt out of place and tipped over a train car. Lmao.

I don't know how a bunker explosion would compare to a pipeline explosion, but if you look at the photos in these links of various pipeline explosions, it seems a ground explosion of that magnitude would cause much more damage to the surrounding landscape.

www.texassharon.com...

www.myspace.com...

www.pstrust.org...

Also, I've heard that one of these old bunkers exploded in WV years back and all it did was injure a kid who happened to be walking in the woods near it - it didn't break windows miles away.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This event is starting to remind me of this ancient event...Link

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
After reading all these pages of comments and official statements i'm more confused than at the start.

I don't always believe eye witness accounts when discussing directions etc in the sky because objects in the sky can seem a lot closer than they actually are which can always explain the differing eye witness accounts.

That said, clearly a lot of people saw something crossing the sky. They've all said the same thing... it went across the sky. It didn't go up like an explosion or flash quick. They all seem to have watched it make its way across the sky and disappear. So what was it?

An explosion with a blast radius of 7200ft UPWARDS would have had a lot more attention and disruption than this has so i'm not buying it was any sort of explosion from the ground.

Whatever caused the explosion on the ground (if there was an explosion on the ground) was caused by whatever people saw flying through the sky.

The main question is what was actually seen in the sky? Meteorite? UFO? Plane? Missile?

Remember the odd...

BELLVUE, Colo. – Authorities say reports of a possible meteorite or meteor shower briefly grounded firefighting aircraft battling a central Colorado wildfire.

Read more: www.foxnews.com...

Maybe there is a meteor problem that is for some reason a secret.
Last night at 11.38 Pm I looked out my window and was stunned, a bright white object was falling straight down. it was incredible! it was large very very bright. it went down behind the tree line, would make it in the direction of the ocean which is a few miles away.

It was so incredible that I screamed for my husband who was asleep...he missed it even though it seemed to be falling slow.
CA coast near OR border.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I've been following this since sometime yesterday afternoon when the story appeared on Zite, it's an app for the iPad that takes news stories from all over, anyway I got on here and saw this thread, and have been following it since then.... thanks OP S&F

I'm not sure where this video is is taken, but it is a "strange noise" video anyway from what the person in the video says I think it is somewhere near about where this incident took place, it was uploaded to YouTube October 7, the person says he/she lives about 15 miles away from a racetrack but he/she has never heard them racing beofre now, so doesn't think that's what it is ... So I Googled racetrack in Louisiana and they say there is one in Princeton LA, it is very near where this "explosion" happened.

Anyway I just wanted to post the video here in case it's related, the sound gets worse at around 5:20 into the video and at 5:37 in the video he/she says they could feel the noise on their skin:

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join