It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened in northwest Louisiana? Unexplained Explosion

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by scrog77

Originally posted by LSU0408

So they are saying it was foggy ? How on earth did witnesses see a meteor and a flash then, it seems like a contradicting story to me.

There was very light fog in very few places... This cover up is so blatant...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

The second video clip is probably just stock footage. They likely just wanted something to show while they talked about it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by footsore12
The area is home to the Louisiana Army Ammunition plant. I suggest you focus your attention in that direction [/quote

cfpub.epa.gov...

very interesting ....

Thanks footsore

you're the proverbial little bird

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday
This story really is beginning to sounds alot like the Kecksburg Event

Kecksberg UFO Event

These two cases seem to have a lot in common in the way that the local and federal groups seem to working together (you know not at all until one group releases some information).

What if the bunker explosion is purely a cover?

We have reports of multiple explosions. What if the first explosion was a UFO? What if the next explosion was a cover so that later when people checked it out, they could be like see look at this blown up bunker, this IS the event.

But in reality a UFO could have crashed at a whole different location altogether. Still near the area, somewhere the Army could have gotten too, in the 7 hours that everyone was distracted by the bunker.

This would explain the reports of a meteor being taken down, and Fox news using a story from 2006 about evacuations to cover the fact that the large explosion that shook houses was no where near the smaller bunker explosion, thus covering the fact that no one around the bunker seemed to notice the explosion, by making it seem people were in fact evacuated from that very location.

Basically what I am saying is that the bunker is probably a big distraction. A red herring. The actual explosion doesn't have anything to do with the bunker at all.

This also fits with the press conference from explo being delayed then canceled.

Who knows whether this UFO was a meteor, an Alien craft, or a USAF craft... Whatever it was seems to have caused a large explosion that I think is wholly separate from the bunker..

Also if this explosion came from the bunker and blew out windows at 3 miles away, then the blast would have to be ground level and about 6 kilotons.. IT also would have leveled all those trees around it..
edit on 10/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by chiefsmom
reply to post by LSU0408

Well, if you two do go, please be careful!
And make sure someone knows your going.(Local, not just us
)
Maybe they should have bail money? You never know.

Good luck and let us know!

Lol, no problem... Unfortunately nobody is going to tell the real story... I just wish I had a way to sample the soil.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Based on the image and video of the blast site, I believe it was literally a blasted out bunker. However, why did the bunker blow? A plausible explanation I suppose would be that it was old, unstable munitions that, for some reason, degraded and just blew up. I don't know enough about them to say. But, I can't believe that just sitting there in the dark, presumably evaluated and stored properly by pros, they would just self ignite.

Also, the footage we saw from the first news crew. Was it actually the site at camp Minden? Did any of you locals notice any landmarks? Like I said in my earlier post, we played in those type bunkers as kids at Chenault field. They were exactly the same as these. Exactly. This footage could have been of anywhere and supplied to the news to be shown. I don't know. Just a shot in the dark. Pun intended.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus

Originally posted by footsore12
The area is home to the Louisiana Army Ammunition plant. I suggest you focus your attention in that direction [/quote

cfpub.epa.gov...

very interesting ....

Thanks footsore

you're the proverbial little bird

That address.... The zip code used, 71130, is over 25 miles out of range... In 28 years of living in Doyline, there has always only been one zip code, 71023.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
could have been there was an underground methane leak under the bunker ,into the bunker and it built up with only a small exit hole from the bunker to escape... then a spark is all it takes(spark off the train) to cause the larger trapped methane in the bunker to blow...methane is bubbling up all over the state of Louisiana....whats ya think of this theory? i can see why they wouldn't want to say this because it could happen under any house or business or school etc because of partly sealed foundations becoming methane bombs...if i lived in Louisiana i would not close my foundation vents this winter or probably ever again..
fit in with that burn ban too

not my theory btw ^^
edit on 17-10-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I have a question for anyone that lives in the area. Do any of the news stations or local government have anything like skycams? I know many tv stations have that sort of thing to use in their weather segments. I've seen many an ATS thread about odd things picked up on these type of cameras (example here).

If they do have cameras like that, where is the footage of the flash?

I have found another surveillance type video of the concussion wave hitting a garage, but again it only shows an interior shot and not an exterior shot. Here if you want to view it, but it is very underwhelming.

The lack of any sort of video of the bright flashes really makes me wonder.

And one more question, does anybody know of a site where I could look up what the weather conditions were? I want to see if the winds match up to how the smoke plume moved on radar
edit on 17-10-2012 by OneisOne because: typo!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by wirefly
Based on the image and video of the blast site, I believe it was literally a blasted out bunker. However, why did the bunker blow? A plausible explanation I suppose would be that it was old, unstable munitions that, for some reason, degraded and just blew up. I don't know enough about them to say. But, I can't believe that just sitting there in the dark, presumably evaluated and stored properly by pros, they would just self ignite.

Also, the footage we saw from the first news crew. Was it actually the site at camp Minden? Did any of you locals notice any landmarks? Like I said in my earlier post, we played in those type bunkers as kids at Chenault field. They were exactly the same as these. Exactly. This footage could have been of anywhere and supplied to the news to be shown. I don't know. Just a shot in the dark. Pun intended.

Unless we're employed there, we're not getting in to see if the footage was real or notice landmarks. I can tell you as a 28 year native of that city, I didn't recognize any landmarks. My mom worked out there from the mid 80's to April 2000 so I'll ask her if anything looks familiar, though Im sure it's been changed around a lot in the past 12 years...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

Originally posted by Guyfriday
This story really is beginning to sounds alot like the Kecksburg Event

Kecksberg UFO Event

These two cases seem to have a lot in common in the way that the local and federal groups seem to working together (you know not at all until one group releases some information).

What if the bunker explosion is purely a cover?

We have reports of multiple explosions. What if the first explosion was a UFO? What if the next explosion was a cover so that later when people checked it out, they could be like see look at this blown up bunker, this IS the event.

But in reality a UFO could have crashed at a whole different location altogether. Still near the area, somewhere the Army could have gotten too, in the 7 hours that everyone was distracted by the bunker.

This would explain the reports of a meteor being taken down, and Fox news using a story from 2006 about evacuations to cover the fact that the large explosion that shook houses was no where near the smaller bunker explosion, thus covering the fact that no one around the bunker seemed to notice the explosion, by making it seem people were in fact evacuated from that very location.

Basically what I am saying is that the bunker is probably a big distraction. A red herring. The actual explosion doesn't have anything to do with the bunker at all.

This also fits with the press conference from explo being delayed then canceled.

Who knows whether this UFO was a meteor, an Alien craft, or a USAF craft... Whatever it was seems to have caused a large explosion that I think is wholly separate from the bunker..

Also if this explosion came from the bunker and blew out windows at 3 miles away, then the blast would have to be ground level and about 8 kilotons.. IT also would have leveled all those trees around it..
edit on 10/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

I was thinking the same thing, kind of.
Perhaps the "UFO" was attempting to disarm or destroy arms/weapons we were preparing to send overseas for a strike.
Much like multiple videos and accounts of UFO's surveiling, inspecting and even shooting beams/lasers at bunkers or missile in flight. Possible interaction of US forces downing a UFO while the UFO is interacting with arms or munitions or even possibly nukes.

FAR FETCHED but just an idea. Big enough to warrant detonating a bunker and a 7 hour lapse in reports in order to sustain a COVERUP.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
here was an underground methane leak under the bunker ,into the bunker and it built up with only a small exit hole from the bunker to escape... then a spark is all it takes(spark off the train) to cause the larger trapped methane in the bunker to blow...methane is bubbling up all over the state of Louisiana....whats ya think of this theory? i can see why they wouldn't want to say this because it could happen under any house or business or school etc because of partly sealed foundations becoming methane bombs...if i lived in Louisiana i would not close my foundation vents this winter or probably ever again..

Unless that train was stopped immediately in it's tracks, it wasn't moving to cause the spark... That blast blew two cars off the track and they fit the position of the force right where they were...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

Doyline is very small. 3 square miles actually, and the population is small... If any stores have video cameras, chances are they're in B/W. No weather cams either. We have 2 caution lights and a Dollar General that just opened last week.

I wish I could help you with the wind direction of that night...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Here are some videos. Especially a close up of the now gone bunker. Along with burned out trees and grass. It even shows a train knocked right off a nearby track and split in two!

Webster S.O. confirms bunker explosion at Camp Minden

You know I just had a thought... Perhaps there was a cover up, maybe not. I think most folks would. An act of god (meteor) is not covered under fire insurance. That would be a super freaky accident to have a meteor hit a bunker.

edit on 17-10-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LSU0408

they tend to spark when braking maby very slow speed also

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LSU0408

Hm. That's odd. I wanted to drive out yesterday, but had too much going on, and just couldn't get out there. I will keep you posted if I hear/see anything. Not sure if it's even worth a drive out. I'm sure security is very tight. A friend of mine suggested trying to get a soil sample.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

Originally posted by Juggernog

Originally posted by Juggernog

Amazing,

I reported this incident first, (The booming, the mechanical noises and the vibrations of my house rocking to an Elvis song for a half hour straight and this guy gets all the flags. )

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Whatever........

Sorry, I know I should of gotten out of bed to record it all, but I was exhausted.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

What are you talking about? This happened in Louisiana and you live in NC which usually means North Carolina.
Tell us how this incident is in any way related to your shaking or whatever?

Look at my post before posting. I already made a reference to the incident. Like Duh... Surely, I just made it up.

I read the post and like duh, there is no mention of Louisiana or an explosion or a firrebal in it...See for yourself

I'm going chalk all the booming, rattling and shaking that sounded like a big huge transformer was walking around outside too --- military exercises. I think that is the first time since I have lived at my location where it felt, like a huge metal transformer machine was walking around doing nothing for a good half hour. The previous night, there were booming noises but not as bad as last night. I was so lazy I didn't get out of bed too investigate. That's how tired I was. But, I felt it, the vibration of my bed moving with each booming machine step. Just curious if anyone NC also felt it?

I wasn't outside. So, I don't know. One thing I do know, is my house and bed never vibrated like it did that night.

This isn't supposed to be about flags any way, just good information/article for a thread.

Besides, the OP supplied sources and witness reports and has been diligent in researching for further info......
He's been on top at keeping us informed with the changing of "stories" from the officials.

With the help of other posters as well....

Thanks guys....

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The wind was calm that night.

www.wunderground.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

Take a look at sat images. The trains are just sitting there. The tracks are not main line, they are just service spurs for the bunkers. Besides that, you're not going to get a spark from the back of that bunker, all the way around to the front and then through the fire proof blast doors and then into whatever containment the explosives are in and then into the shells, if the were still intact munitions, to ignite them. Even if it were explosive components, they're not going to be just lying around. Has common sense completely gone away these days? Just from the experience I have with explosives for the FX industry, there are so many redundant safety protocols, that it's shocking that accidents ever happen. Much less something like this.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Thanks for the heads up.....

We work in Louisiana and haven't had time to see the news. Thanks for posting this.
I only made it to page 10 and have to get ready for work, will continue later......

You're doing a good job of up-dating the BS stories from the officials, along with some other posters.
Thanks to you all~~~

Can't wait to finish reading........

S&F

[P.S. Definitely sounds fishy.....sadly, we won't never know the truth]

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join