It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened in northwest Louisiana? Unexplained Explosion

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I wondered the same thing. We have had helicopters and military craft flying over the area since yesterday.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

That raises another point - what kind of news crew flies over a supposed "disaster" area and only shows a wide view and the cameraman never bothers to zoom in?

Some reporter shooting video with his iPhone. The higher ups probably bought him a phone and said 'It has video, no need for a real video camera'.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liamoville
This has really got me hooked. Most of these type stories seem to have some legitimate believable story within 24 hours and even the majority of people on here move on. But this...

This has got about 5 different official stories. None of which make sense and all of them vary. None of them acknowledge that hundreds of people saw something flying through the sky and apparently crashing from states away.

Maybe it was just a meteorite but there was no crater? It certainly wasn't a 'bunker explosion' i just don't see how anyone looking at those photos can even suggest it was. If i was a betting man i'd be going with some sort of 'UFO' crashing. Whether that be a plane, top secret or not or something more sinister who knows but this wasn't any bunker explosion.

Also, what was the imagine that radar caught at about 7000ft? That spherical type object? It's on a few pages on this thread but no story has even picked up on that?

It gets overlooked or passed over as a mushroom cloud, but from what Ive seen (trees only missing in a straight path, etc), there were no signs of a round explosion.

In that video Oneisone posted, the only bunker they show is right up against the tracks, the one in the other video that blew up was behind trees. And another thing, how long does it take to clean up a derailed train?

It honestly looks like one video was shot during the morning and the other was either shot some other time, or after they made that bunker look like it blew up.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Liamoville

Also, what was the imagine that radar caught at about 7000ft? That spherical type object?

But it did drift off in the wind like a cloud of dust would do. That part does seem reasonable, IMO.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by taskforce4256

Security is heavier than you are thinking. I have been on Camp Minden probably 25 times in the last year. They have armed (M16) La. National Guard Troops at both entrances. They take your DL & Lic. Plate #, make and year of vehicle. You also have to show proof of why you are there. I almost got ran over by a tank one day, not paying attention at a tank crossing.

As far as the railroad cars, I see the same ones sitting in the same spot for almost a year. They appear to be not in use, just sitting on the tracks....

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
With all the space debris we have, it would have been better for coverup purposes to state that that was what it was. Whatever it was was unexpected and they did not have a preconditioned response to it or for the PR surrounding it.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsawWHATtheyDID
I was just thinking about the submarine in the gulf, and the missle that was filmed over the pacific a year or two ago, that was said to be a plane. i dont think that it is that far fetched of an idea that someone is targeting something. then what about that new tv show about some rouge military unit in a sub? the lack of response from those in charge is raising a flag . I still think they are trying to get their stories straight.

It's the Nazi's finally coming out of hiding from their base under Antarctica with the 100's of u-boats that went missing at the end of WWII.

Joking aside, that doesn't sound like such a silly idea anymore lol.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
reply to post by Liamoville

Also, what was the imagine that radar caught at about 7000ft? That spherical type object?

But it did drift off in the wind like a cloud of dust would do. That part does seem reasonable, IMO.

Ah yes, i suppose so. It just seems strange that they only caught it so high in the air and not starting at the ground? or could that just be because the radar is only programmed to scan from a certain height etc?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by LSU0408
Coming in from KSLA a little over an hour ago...

MINDEN, La. (AP) - A state police spokesman says nighttime fog and moisture in the ground were 2 of the reasons why it took a while for authorities to confirm the source of an explosion that rattled Webster Parish.

That blast happened late Monday in an underground bunker at Explo Systems Inc, at the Camp Minden industrial site.

State police Troop G spokesman Matt Harris said an investigation by the hazardous materials unit is under way. As for why no one could confirm the source of the blast until early Tuesday, Harris said in The Times of Shreveport (http://(link tracking not allowed)/WmTymj ) that the blast site was not easily visible due to darkness and fog. He added that moisture in the ground because of recent rains allowed the explosives to burn out quickly.

But before, the firemen were putting out hotspots, now the moisture and dark made it hard to see the fires since they were put out BY that moisture... These damn stories don't even sound like the others, they're all different.
So they are saying it was foggy ? How on earth did witnesses see a meteor and a flash then, it seems like a contradicting story to me.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
We need to keep in mind that the probability of a meteor striking Earth is uniform. The probability of a meteor striking a 1000 SqFt space in Louisiana is no different than the probability of a meteor striking a 1000 SqFt space in a field in kansas, egypt, or india. The coincidence only becomes a coincidence when there is something in that space.

I am not saying that it was a meteor, it could have been any number of options that have been suggested, officially or otherwise. Cover-up? That's yet-to-be-seen

Being cynical or suspicious is natural; equally natural is the tendency to take any option that best fits our beliefs and cling to it as the most likely version of the truth. Keep clear heads and see where your logic takes you when it is unhindered by emotion.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Graphic of the layout of Camp Minden posted here. Using that & the information from the news sites that the explosion happened in the L-1 area I took a screen shot using Google Maps. I added in little red arrows to highlight where the train cars are located.

Bing seems to have a more updated image, but I used Google because the tracks can be seen more clearly.

Hopefully that will help to bring a better perceptive on the area where this is said to have occurred.
edit on 17-10-2012 by OneisOne because: L for an A

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I was one of the people who had mentioned missiles. It's not my only theory. Apart from this just being a cover up of what material could have exploded from a bunker (ie official story correct, but hiding some dangerous material [chemical, bio, nuclear, secret test]) I have another idea.

Around 12,000 years ago we were apparently hit by a fragmented comet or meteorite swarm..

Did a Comet Hit Earth 12,000 Years Ago?

But a series of cometary fragments exploding over North America might explain a layer of soil immediately prior to the cooling containing unusually high levels of iridium—an element more common in cosmic wanderers like meteoroids than in Earth's crust. Paired with the fact that this layer occurs directly before the extinction of at least 35 genera of large mammals, including mammoths, it is strong circumstantial evidence for a cosmic event.

Preliminary searches further afield—Europe, Asia and South America—have turned up similar minerals and elements in sediments of the same age, Kennett says, and his own work on California's Channel Islands tells a tale of a massive burn-off, followed by erosion and a total change in the flora of the region.

"It's consistent with a fragmentary body breaking up with air shocks and possible surface impacts in various parts of North America. It could be above the ice sheet or offshore in the ocean,"

Did a Comet Hit Earth 12,000 Years Ago?

Maybe they don't want to scare anyone with the truth that we may be moving through a dirtier part of space these days??

Could explain some of my dreams I have posted here on ATS. I have had at least 3 dreams involving meteorites exploding all over the place amid a police take over... Apparently the government built special roofs in my dreams that made the rocks sort of bounce off..

It turned out to not be so bad, but there was fire all over.. These were not reaching the ground, just exploding in the air..

Who knows, maybe that could actually happen?

edit on 10/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicalhope

Even if you take the meteor off the table the inconsistencies with the official story, deleting content from the net, Fox News using an old news piece from 2006 as the current event, cancelled press conferences, firefighters being turned away etc etc definetly adds up to a conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Ok, if a ammo bunker blew up...what caused it to blow up? Was it a controlled detonation, planned?
If not, then how did anything get into the BUNKER to cause a detonation? Russians or ET's?

Someone local needs to contact the governor of LA. and demand the truth!

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

I live here...my home is a few miles away from the area where the object hit (though they claim a bunker exploded). I've been watching the media closely since it happened and stories have been changed, entire news feeds removed, press releases cancelled. I'm driving to Camp Minden tonight, to see what I can dig up.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

True. All we can do is keep digging. The truth is in the reconstruction of what we know.

The sad thing is that everyone is going to be painted out to be toothless, flannel-wearing cajun hillbillies by the people who are hiding something.

Really interested to see where all this goes.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
This story really is beginning to sounds alot like the Kecksburg Event

Kecksberg UFO Event

These two cases seem to have a lot in common in the way that the local and federal groups seem to working together (you know not at all until one group releases some information).

Though I think it may have been a crashed Aurora Craft.

AboveTopSecert.com

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lbridges1111
reply to post by loam

I live here...my home is a few miles away from the area where the object hit (though they claim a bunker exploded). I've been watching the media closely since it happened and stories have been changed, entire news feeds removed, press releases cancelled. I'm driving to Camp Minden tonight, to see what I can dig up.

Be Careful or we might be digging up YOU...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lbridges1111
reply to post by loam

Ive thought about it too... I drove to the entrance Monday night and stopped briefly to listen for sounds of sirens or flashes of blue/red lights, people present, but I heard nothing, and I saw nothing. Im just on the outskirts of Doyline.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LSU0408

Well, if you two do go, please be careful!
And make sure someone knows your going.(Local, not just us
)
Maybe they should have bail money? You never know.

Good luck and let us know!

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join