It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened in northwest Louisiana? Unexplained Explosion

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I found a couple of sites that has that this morning.

Here's one:

WEBSTER PARISH, LA (KSLA) -The Webster Parish Sheriff's Office confirms an underground bunker exploded late last night at Camp Minden. There are no reports of any injuries or deaths.

Chief Deputy Bobby Igo says the bunker belongs to a company called Explo. Authorities said they will have more information at a 9 a.m. news conference at Camp Minden.

ksla.com

I don't know about that explanation, looking at the location of Camp Minden and the weather radar, just doesn't add up to me.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodcausailor
Well that was a kind of a let down. Officals in webster parish confirm it was a bunker explosion at Camp Minden Formerly La Army Ammo Plant. ...

Don't know that I'm buying that. There were too many reports of something flying across the sky just before the explosion.

Unless maybe a meteor hit the bunker? Now, that'd be fun!

Originally posted by roadgravel

The first image captured by the radar occurred at 11:28 pm cdt, with subsequent images captured at 11:37, 11:47, 11:56 and ending at 12:06 am cdt ... as it traversed the area from southeast to northwest at approximately 10 mph.

roadgravel, where did that quote come from? You failed to provide a link to your source! Link, please!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by incoserv

Originally posted by roadgravel

The first image captured by the radar occurred at 11:28 pm cdt, with subsequent images captured at 11:37, 11:47, 11:56 and ending at 12:06 am cdt ... as it traversed the area from southeast to northwest at approximately 10 mph.

roadgravel, where did that quote come from? You failed to provide a link to your source! Link, please!

The quote came from the NOAA link in Loam's post above raodgravel's.
srh.noaa.gov
edit on 16-10-2012 by OneisOne because: fix tags

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

breaking news from ktbs.com

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

That's it, the link posted earlier

A drifting cloud of particulate sounds more like a ground explosion than a meteor.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
So about the same time that it happened there, it happened in NC, and NV. Can't be a coincidence or a meteorite. Unless we had a lot of meteorites fall at the same time.

Whatever it was, it went boom, sounded mechanical, then followed by a vibration at least 5-6 times for a good half hour.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
What's odd is the initial reports from the Sheriff's office stating the military instillation was checked and not the source.
edit on 16-10-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
What's odd is the initial reports from the Sheriff's office stating the military instillation was checked and not the source.

I wonder if the Sheriff's office was referring to the Louisiana Army Ammunition Plant. That location would seem to be more inline with what the weather radar picked up.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

I don't find that odd at all. They tried to hide the facts about what happened. But with all the media reports they were forced to tell the truth.
People are already nervous down there due to this sinkhole thing. You would think they had sense enough to know that they couldn't keep something like this under wraps.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Here's the company website they say owns the bunker: EXPLO Systems, Inc.

I've been looking at Google earth to canvass the area where the explosion was to have taken place, but I don't see any obvious facilities there.

Maybe someone can help identify the location.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I deliver beer to Camp Minden about every other week, I had no idea they still stored ammo in bunkers (holy schnikees)....

I live just south of Shreveport and was asleep on the couch last night when it happened, woke to a rumble, but figured it was a B52.

I'm about 1.5 miles from BAFB right now, and there seems to be more than the usual activity going on, loud jets taking off one after another the last 30 minutes.

Something isn't adding up with this story....Move along, nothing happened here

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
After reading additional reports, it seems the location has been changed.

Initially, I read the eyewitness accounts placing the location of the explosion between Dixie Inn and Minden. Now Camp Minden is identified as the location, but it's on the other side of Minden.

How could the eyewitness accounts be so wrong?

Even this video mentions it being closer to Dixie Inn:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Yeah...WAKE them up...Like The Three Stooges....HEY MOE HEY MOE....WAKE UP....Did Ya Hear That? Good Grief....What A Maroon....

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Wait. I may have the Camp Minden location wrong.

Can someone help me confirm the location?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Found it:

I guess the location now matches.

Wonder what the cause was?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Here's a much better radar link:

www.srh.noaa.gov...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by loam

Replying to yourself Loam?

Camp Minden is just south of I-20, main gates are located on HWY 80..."Goodwill Exit" off of I-20

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
If I lived there I would demand to know what type of material was inthat that bunker.
How convenient that you can't see airborne material as easily at night.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Originally posted by Signals
Replying to yourself Loam?

Compulsive habit.

It will be interesting to see what caused the explosion there.

The 9:00 am press conference that was scheduled has been postponed to 11:00 am.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join