It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened in northwest Louisiana? Unexplained Explosion

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Any updates?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by northlanative
reply to post by antar

Locally, there are lots of weird and interesting things happening media coverage wise. Articles that mention eyewitness accounts are seemingly edited out of existence. If not for the comments on some of the articles, you wouldn't know anyone saw anything. Coming from a local, I can say for certain they are covering this up in a major way, and I don't understand why. People are starting to buy into it too. This is getting swept under the rug quickly and effectively here.

exactly...

I have to say I doubt I will get to know what really happened. Unless the locals figure it out, this story will die.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
So, let me see if I've got this straight...

We have a BIG explosion, multiple witnesses see something streaking across the night sky, on fire, just before the explosion, and they are saying it's a black powder plant that took 7 hours to report an incident of this magnitude?

Really?

Something stinks. 7 hours to figure out what and where?

Springer...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Another thing I keep reading is the suggestion that there were two objects seen in the sky. For example:

About this time here in Stephens City VA, while walking my dog I had seen what looked like a shooting star - it had a tail- or another star immediatly behind it- if you blinked you missed it? I wonder if this is what I had seen, It was redder than a shooting star- or the second object was- just like a flash it was gone

Some thought something had been shot down.

reply to post by Springer

Exactly.

edit on 16-10-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well, if ammo dumps are being targeted.. should keep an eye on Hawthorne, NV that is a huge storage facility.

I just find it odd that we have a Russian dump go up, then 2 in the US on the same evening.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

You don't respond with B-52s.. Where would you fly? Warthogs? Come on man, those wouldn't penetrate Russia. Maybe you meant B-2s?? But then again, why do you think YOU would be told that was happening. Are you a top general in the Air Force? Would YOU have flight orders? If not you would know nothing, just like the rest of us.

I don't know what happened yet, and neither do you.
There is no doubt who is taking the blame. We already know that part.
edit on 10/16/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

no, you missed my point--
Of course there wouldnt be a counterstrike w/ B52, at least not at first.
BUT--if there is an incoming missle--or anything--they get them off of the ground, to prevent damage etc. standard practice...much safer airborne. They fly around until the threat is identified, and if there is local damage, they relocate to another support facility.
They DO NOT stay on the flight line though. Not if there is suspected hostile actions.
Hell--they scrambled during 9-11...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by northlanative

....If not for the comments on some of the articles, you wouldn't know anyone saw anything....

We should try and stay on top of these comments and post relevant ones here.

I've already seen claims they are being deleted on some of these news sites

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

This is much bigger than people realize. You don't see entire articles detailing eyewitness accounts edited and hacked out of existence when an ordinance bunker explodes. Believe it or not, that sort of thing happens more often than you would think at a disposal facility. What troubles me is how quickly they've moved to sweep this all under the rug here, and how quickly most people are buying into it. Even at my office, this morning people were calling BS on the whole explanation, and by this afternoon, people have resigned themselves to accepting the official story as the truth. Its really disconcerting. I just don't get what could have possibly been so terrifying in Minden, LA, that the feds would exert this much effort and control over what the media is reporting. I understand they want to prevent a panic, but I've never been so close to something like this personally speaking, and I have to say this is a really erie feeling. Whatever happened, it must be something extremely significant.

link   

reply to post by powersmoke

You obviously don't live here. I can tell you for a fact that after an incident that happened a couple of years ago, nuclear weapons are no longer housed at BAFB. Basically someone messed up, and left 2 live nukes on a B-52, armed, parked outside a hanger over night. When this was discovered the next day, there was tremendous fall out trickling down the ranks, and lots of people lost their jobs aka posts. Consequently as well, it was determined that the nukes should be housed on the east coast, and the bombers would land, arm up and refuel before making the trip across the Atlantic towards their targets.
Trust me on this one.

well, neighbor-- I'd trust ya, but your facts SUCK....

On the contrary--there are very much live nukes here. Have been for years,
Second--2 "armed" as you put it nukes were not left outside overnight...not even close,
What happened was, a bomber flying training in Minot with real bombs ie. warheads were in place (vs. dummy bombs), was not fully unloaded before making the cross country flight to Barksdale. They made the trip with 1 bomb that had the warhead in place--they are not "armed", and if it had malfunctioned and somehow fallen off in an inhabited area as the concern is, it is unlikely there would be a detonation,
But, it flew from there to here with a warhead. It was discovered here during post flight, by a very close friend that is in charge of the arsenal. He had to keep their warhead until it could be transfered back.
Something about having to many in one location violates some agreement.
A report was made and folks in minot were relieved of duty,
End of story.
They very much maintain an arsenal of nukes here. Dont doubt it....
edit on 16-10-2012 by powersmoke because: (no reason given)

link   
More interesting detail:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I've just read some reports regarding this. People are saying a lot of the reports are a re-hash of a story reported in 2006?

So it appears that there is history involving this ammunition base and explosions?

It does look like they are covering something up particularly cancelling the press conferences. There is an awful lot of UFO crash denial, no surprise there, but an attack by Russia? Could it be?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
We never really got a good answer on what exploded in Russia last week.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Possible similarities???

edit to add: Pattern detected?

Michigan, June 6, 2012
Russia, October 9, 2012
Louisiana, October 15, 2012

Any other recent explosions that seem to fit this pattern?
edit on 10/16/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Here's one that is a good example that contradicts the timeline officially given by some eyewitnesses:

I was getting out of the car to go into my job at Ron-pak on dougattaway Drive in shreveport, walked in checked on the time, the time was 9:28pm walked out the door to talk to a friend looked up saw a glowing fire read ball flying over the building crossing over red river headed iin the direction of medin thought it burned out right above tre line but maybe not .

And another:

at about 10:20 last night i was standing in my back yard. what appeared to be meteor came across the sky from the west and aseem to burn out over the airforce base or beyond. i live in south bossier

So far we have approximately an hour and a half spread- 9:28 pm to 11:40 pm.

What is your source for these comments? And please - take your time - I'd rather you just reply to my post once that have to read multiple posts from you one after the other after the other after the other.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by powersmoke

reply to post by powersmoke

You obviously don't live here. I can tell you for a fact that after an incident that happened a couple of years ago, nuclear weapons are no longer housed at BAFB. Basically someone messed up, and left 2 live nukes on a B-52, armed, parked outside a hanger over night. When this was discovered the next day, there was tremendous fall out trickling down the ranks, and lots of people lost their jobs aka posts. Consequently as well, it was determined that the nukes should be housed on the east coast, and the bombers would land, arm up and refuel before making the trip across the Atlantic towards their targets.
Trust me on this one.

well, neighbor-- I'd trust ya, but your facts SUCK....

On the contrary--there are very much live nukes here. Have been for years,
Second--2 "armed" as you put it nukes were not left outside overnight...not even close,
What happened was, a bomber flying training in Minot with real bombs ie. warheads were in place (vs. dummy bombs), was not fully unloaded before making the cross country flight to Barksdale. They made the trip with 1 bomb that had the warhead in place--they are not "armed", and if it had malfunctioned and somehow fallen off in an inhabited area as the concern is, it is unlikely there would be a detonation,
But, it flew from there to here with a warhead. It was discovered here during post flight, by a very close friend that is in charge of the arsenal. He had to keep their warhead until it could be transfered back.
Something about having to many in one location violates some agreement.
A report was made and folks in minot were relieved of duty,
End of story.
They very much maintain an arsenal of nukes here. Dont doubt it....
edit on 16-10-2012 by powersmoke because: (no reason given)

By armed I didn't mean ready to explode, I meant armed as in armed up on the bomber, i.e. not disarmed, as every single military aircraft that has just returned from a flight should be. When an aircraft lands, they are disarmed, inspected, in most cases refueled, and then sent to maintenance to have things like the APU checked, and to have what's called a simple "wash job" done. That was not done with this aircraft, and the weapons themselves sat on the flight line armed on the bomber. And 3 officers in that squadron were relieved of duty and transferred over this Furthermore, the ordinance airmen as well as the PC or "plane captain" in charge of that particular aircraft had to face NJP, or "non-judicial punishment" Also it was in fact decided that first strike weapons would be moved to a base in NC I believe. This is a normal stopping point for any b-52 flights traveling from here, over the Atlantic, to the European theatre. Trust me on this, I know what I'm talking about. You are getting your information from "a friend". Take my word on this.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by flashtrum

Originally posted by flashtrum
What is your source for these comments?

They may be found at the bottom of the KSLA article: www.ksla.com...

Originally posted by flashtrum
And please - take your time - I'd rather you just reply to my post once that have to read multiple posts from you one after the other after the other after the other.

Huh?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
here's article with 3d radar.
www.accuweather.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Comment from a yahoo article: news.yahoo.com...

I have a close friend that works for the Fire Dept. in that area. He told me the state police wont even let them near the site. Why wouldnt you want the fire department at the scene of a huge explosion? He also stated it seemed like they where trying to "buy time". All sounds very sketchy to me...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I was able to find an article regarding a similar incident in 2006:

Explo Systems, which opened its plant on the former site of the Louisiana Army Ammunition Plant in January, has a military contract to disassemble bombs and recycle bomb components. The incident took place about 8:30 a.m. when a fire at the Explo Systems plant triggered a major explosion involving two military bombs. It was followed by more than 10 explosions inside the plant as the fire continued to burn and thick smoke billowed from the plant.

Source

I can't find mention of the earlier incident on any of the local news sites. Anyone else have any luck?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Hmmmm this whole situation stinks to high hell... What exactly are they covering up? A simple meteorite explosion would never garner this much attention. A ammunition's plant like accident would get attention but I don't see why they would block the fire dept. out.... With so many eye witnesses, I wish somebody would have snapped a photo that we could discuss... So many possibilities right now... Has anyone seen the military in the area?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think that this is starting to sound very similar to what was happening in Michigan, back in June.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join