It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students who refuse to be micro-chipped are punished by Texas schools

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
My children would be home schooled before they attended a school with such a policy.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
How about everyone sacrifice something in their life, live within their means, pull their kids out of public school and home school until the basic fundamentals are deeply ingrained, like math and language......case solved. Being your own teacher gives you many avenues for teaching. Look around at life. Life is the experience and journey.

Yes I home school and have one in public school. I see both sides and quite honestly, public schools are breeding felons, doping our kids with psychotropic meds, taking away recess and preparing students to become institutionalized and follow the lines down the hall like the great sheeple people we are....so very sad

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Actually schools lose a lot of money if kids don't show up.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by Wonderer2012

You know what, I think those of you that don't have children are the ones saying how evil and bad this is. Me, I have a 10 year old daughter and I think it is a great idea. I know this is in bad taste and I am going to get flamed here, but I am trying to make a point here.....you probably wouldn't think like you do if THIS was your daughter: abducted kid

Don't get me wrong, I can see your point and agree to an extent, but this is how stuff like mandatory RFID chips are implemented- it is designed to be a good idea at first.

The increasing survelliance state is good in principle- for safety and security- but once they start this tiptoe, they never take steps back, they just keep going until we lose all privacy.

There is a huge difference I think. I see your point, but I disagree. If this were to happen to an adult it would be a whole different monster. BUT as adults are we not responsible for our children? That's what this is about, tracking kids.......not grown arse people.

Maybe they should spend this money on better educating young parents to raise their kids properly, thus removing all "necessity" for the chip.
edit on 16-10-2012 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I am on the fence about this. On one hand, it would save the schools a lot of money. On the other, kids have to learn responsibility, not be forced into it. You can't teach them how to make proper decisions if that choice is automatically removed from them.

spying on your kid is not a good idea. My parents spied on me, and I totally resented them for it, and moved to another state. You have to give kids a chance to prove themselves to you.

But the ID are stupid, I would just hand mine to a friend to hold if there was a class I wanted to skip. As for voting for homecoming? I didn't even know who the homecoming king and queen were, my school didn't care about stuff like that.

But if kids do have a problem with truancy, then I think a suitable punishment would be to have to wear the ID.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Evidently they don't teach students about Faraday Cages?

The other thing; oops, I dropped it in some water, and then accidentally stepped on it when I went to pick it up?

It's not like they're forcing people to have them implanted in their bodies.

Were I in charge of the school district and wanted this implemented, I'd simply make it mandatory that all students have an iPhone, Android, or other similar smart phone that has GPS, under some nifty disguise of a lesson plan, or academic app that backdoors to the GPS allowing for the surreptitious lojacking of the students.

No one would give a single peep of dissent if they all had smart phones.

Most of you have one yourself, voluntarily, of your own free will, and any agency for any or no reason at all can spy on you using it.

It's not just smart phones they can track you on. Any device that uses a satellite signal can be tracked at any location. Even with the phone off, so don't condone those that use smart phones when you yourself probably use a cell phone in your day to day life - even if it is a simple one. In order to escape being tracked by the government you would need to dispose of all credit cards, debit cards, gps navigation systems, cell phones, laptops, anything with a microchip. You guys make it sound like it would be hard to track someone without a cell phone, Remember, microchips are probably the easiest way to find someone, but someone can always be found given enough time and resources.

I don't agree with imposing anything on anyone nor do I support imbedded microchips.
But in the end, does it really matter when they can find you no matter what? And what extents will the government go to until we can fight no longer?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
spying on your kid is not a good idea. My parents spied on me, and I totally resented them for it, and moved to another state. You have to give kids a chance to prove themselves to you.

But if kids do have a problem with truancy, then I think a suitable punishment would be to have to wear the ID.

An excellent point, and an excellent solution. Forcing things upon people only causes rebellion (incidentally something I'd imagine the government is well aware of). Your suggestion of using it as a punishment makes more and more sense the more I think about it, and it would probably be successful also as a deterrant.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Posted earlier here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join