Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Obama Executive Order: Allows Seizure of Americans' Bank Accounts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Yeah if they take one thing from me im going to lose it.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I did some incredible reading tonight on the political situation, and am happy to pass on the same insight (and history) it provided. Highly recommended background supplementary material Imo (esp. for a Canadian).

Romney vs. Obama: Where’s the Choice?

Unknown to many Americans, the US presidential campaigns are owned and operated by the Democrats and Republicans, funded by American corporations, and packaged under the euphemistic name, ‘The Commission on Presidential Debates (CPD).’ Ironically, CPD came into existence because the former organizer was handling their duties a bit too well.

Between 1976 and 1984, the US presidential debates were run by the League of Women Voters. But a strange thing happened on the way to the White House. Before the 1988 presidential debates between George H.W. Bush and Michael Dukakis, the Democrats and Republicans presented to the League – the very organizers! – a list of demands as to how the debates would be held. This is a bit like Miss Bolivia and Miss Colombia presenting the Miss Universe contest judges a list of their pageant demands. Gasp!

rt.com...

This was very well written, and a good dose of understanding ...

Paul Ryan pick political suicide
Published: 15 August, 2012, 21:21

Thus, a year before the media was looking closely into Ryan’s past and his qualifications for designing a massive budget deficit reduction plan, we had singled him out as THE politician whose views and values best represented a Republican platform that led us toforecast an Obama victory in October

In that Trends Journal we wrote:

Not Playing with a Full Deck

In the Spring of 2011 Republican hopefuls were on a political suicide mission. Yes, entitlement excesses had to be addressed, but making that the main focus of their campaigns was a strategy that might have been devised by insidious Democratic infiltrators … .

The Republican final solution was to reduce and/or eliminate “entitlements” – a word that had taken on a pejorative meaning.

rt.com...

Lastly, this look at the modern military and political psycology at work, not play.

Dismembering the War on Drugs
Published: 12 March, 2012, 23:22

rt.com...
edit on 16-10-2012 by Northwarden because: link

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Reason #1,143 as to why I don't use banks.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
So what's my point? If you can be labeled a terrorist for such mundane and really idiotic reasons? Then you'd better read up because the below applies to you.

Well, no. This EO is implements various statutory sanctions against Iran and Syria. If you don't do business with either country, you are not affected by it.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I stopped using a bank account back in 1997 after multiple thefts out of my checking account with BOA. In 2010, it became absolutely necessary for me to get an account. Hesitantly, I opened one with a different bank, but this time, I keep minimal, and I mean minimal amounts in that account. The rest of my money is tucked safely away, not in my home, but in a place only my husband and I know of.

I will never use a bank to store all my money in, due to the simple fact that my money will not be controlled. I suggest other people start doing the same if you do not want to wake up one morning and find that your money has been seized at the leisure of whomever chooses to do so.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
People just don't seem to get it yet, the fact that BOTH main parties work in lockstep when it comes to consolidating their own power and screwing the people.

Over the last few decades, when has there been an incoming adminstration that has come in and rolled back or nullified the unpopular legislation that got the previous administration out at the election?
Obama is just the latest puppet doing as he is told and pushing forward the agenda that his controllers have been drawing up and moving along for a very long time, as did Bush before him, and as Romney will continue to do in the event that Obama doesn't get a second term. The bank account and asset seizure issue goes way back to before the name Obama was even known by most Americans, or the rest of the world for that matter. I remember reading about such considered moves back in Bush's first term.
In other words, the apparent back and forth and perceived policy differences between the two big parties is just a facade to keep the people arguing amongst themselves, and stopping them from uniting against the entire system.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Going by your title alone.The government would be in for a rude
surprise if they seized my bank accounts.My children and bills
have already drained them all.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

This is good info that I did not know about. Thank you for posting!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I stopped using the banks for anything back in 2000, when my wife( when we were still married) had her entire $600 pay check disapear in overdraft fees.

She deposited her paycheck, drove to Fort Sill OK to pick me up from AIT, and we drove home to Indiana, upon returning home 7 days after she deposited her check, we found out it was all gone, from 20 overdraft charges at $30 a piece, when she didn't even try to access her money until a week after depositing it.

So how did a $20 dollar check, written a week after her $600 deposit, end up getting overdrafted to begin with? And how did it get done 20 times in less than 2 days for the same check, even though the funds were available?

They are all theives, I will only work for a company or person that pays in paper checks and or cash, I don't do plastic money.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I know most of you running around and screaming the sky is falling do not want to hear it and of course nobody could be bothered to find out what the executive order is or why it is so let me help for the few rationale people that might read this thread. The exectutive order is part of enacting H.R. 1905 a bill strongly supported by both parties dealing with Syria and Iran santions. So yes if you are conducting buisness deals with Iran that violate santions then the Gov now has the ability to take your bank account. If you do not want them to take your bank account then refrain from breaking the santions on Iran. You may now go back to screaming about dictators and martial law.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Think about it..... bank accounts are only good if the Country is intact. In 1929 people made runs on banks, some only getting pennies on the dollars they had in them, some got there too late and got nothing. Unless you have a lot of wealth and use banking for your benefit, it's really pointless to have money in a bank or credit union. A small safe in your house or your 'secret place' will suffice and give you instant access to your money.

The paranoia here is becoming stifling. ATS once was a site where you could count on 'Real' issues and real conspiracies, but recently it seems to have evolved to a parroting of five or six other sites that entertain 'unusual bits' of news and pseudo-conspiracies. Sometimes posted just hours after the original authors. I'v even noticed that several of the main 'real contributors of worthy comment' absent here as of late. Quality, not quantity, I think thats what we need to strive for here.

But I will keep visiting daily, curious of what new revelation or story might surface.
I'd suggest thinking for yourselves a bit more and stop subscribing to the chatter frenzy of some. Back to the gist of the thread..... as some of you know, Mormons have some tenants they follow, one being the storage of a seasons worth of foodstuffs along with hygiene and daily necessities. Mitt just happens to be.... Mormon. We had another thread last week and what seemed the topic was the decline of Obama's popularity in regard to the possibility of his being re-elected. Based on the current climate, I believe his chances are diminishing, thus if that's the case, I don't think he will jeopardize his exiting with the kind of exit Clinton displayed. Being number two might be better than being 'the worst' as in Carter's legacy. And, living in Hawaii cant be all that bad, they say he bought a Big place a week or two ago.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
I know most of you running around and screaming the sky is falling do not want to hear it and of course nobody could be bothered to find out what the executive order is or why it is so let me help for the few rationale people that might read this thread. The exectutive order is part of enacting H.R. 1905 a bill strongly supported by both parties dealing with Syria and Iran santions. So yes if you are conducting buisness deals with Iran that violate santions then the Gov now has the ability to take your bank account. If you do not want them to take your bank account then refrain from breaking the santions on Iran. You may now go back to screaming about dictators and martial law.

PS...... and THANKS for taking the time toCLARIFY...... it makes ALL the difference in this thread...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

THANKS, i thought i would have had to point that out.....the OP is completely off-base, obama IS NOT coming after any americans bank account, unless you are sending money to iran or syria

what i find amazing is that even on ATS, all these people before you, believe what the OP is trying to insinuate without even taking a couple of minutes to verify it...of course, that takes reading skills

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

How dare you bring facts and reason into this thread!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
This thread is a hoax, or atleast the context that it is written is is. Unless you are sending money to the Iranian government then you are safe.

Sec. 2. (a) All property and interests in property that are in the United States, that hereafter come within the United States, or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of any United States person, including any foreign branch, of the following persons are blocked and may not be transferred, paid, exported, withdrawn, or otherwise dealt in: any person determined by the Secretary of the Treasury, in consultation with or at the recommendation of the Secretary of State:

(i) to have knowingly, on or after August 10, 2012, transferred, or facilitated the transfer of, goods or technologies to Iran, any entity organized under the laws of Iran or otherwise subject to the jurisdiction of the Government of Iran, or any national of Iran, for use in or with respect to Iran, that are likely to be used by the Government of Iran or any of its agencies or instrumentalities, or by any other person on behalf of the Government of Iran or any of such agencies or instrumentalities, to commit serious human rights abuses against the people of Iran;

You all should probably read the Order before posting. Why would you believe anything a site called "Reagan Coalition" says about Obama.

www.whitehouse.gov...

edit on 16-10-2012 by 3chainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

What's really sad is that it seems to take an act pure will to see beyond partisan, at least it did for me. If McCain had won those that voted for him would say it's in our best interest. Obama supporters say this must be in our best interest. That is what divisiveness does to us. I know it took me until Obama betrayed us by signing the NDAA after he said he wouldn't to fully open my eyes.

We are psychological creatures and we get polarized fairly easily, all the silly little claims we argue against does something pretty major to our brains. It becomes pattern to automatically dismiss, after hearing 10 things you 'know' to be wrong, chances are the 11th will be as well. This also solidifies one position/person etc... (that's wrong so this must be right).

All social issues aside (yes they're important), we have to look at what both sides are in unison on to know what we should be fighting against. The most major things they work together on are Authoritarianism and Corporatism.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by silo13

What percentage of the Military, would actually back Obama from doing something like that?

0%. MHO

At least I would hope so.

I know this is a very unpopular answer, and I usually don't qualify my statements, and this will of course be misconstrued as being racist although I assure you that is not the intent, and I could care less if it is. Having said that, I promise you that most of the black troops would support it, especially because of the amount of race baiting demagoguery that would be used. To test this theory, drive around town for 2 hours, and as you see cars with Obama stickers on them look to see how many drivers are black. Now ask yourself how many of those people actually understand globalism and Obama's actual politics and ideology.... and then realize that there is really only one reason they voted for him and continue to support him. Now apply that same logic to black troops in the military. Having served for 13 years myself, I can tell you that 9 out of 10 people, from all races, have no idea what the oath they took means, and couldn't site one line of the Constitution, and yet they have sworn to defend it. They will follow orders and do as they are told, like the good little imperialist pawns that they are. I can say that because I used to be one, but then saw the light of truth and the reason we are really in the middle east.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

United States person? What happened to the term US Citizen? I'm referencing the term used in the end ecutive order.

And what is a sanctioned person? With NDAA in affect, I guess any US Person/citizen can be considered a *sanctioned person*.

Basically if you are considered a sanctioned person by either of the powers listed in the ex order, and then all that is yours is now gov owned... Then it talks about dealings with Iran further down, but not on the top part..

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Do you people just not get the point? It doesn't matter which side you are on, we can go way to the right or way to the left, it will all everntually end up in the same place. It has been coming for far too long. No one side or the other is going to solve the problems. We have been had and we are losing our freesdoms minute by minute . Sad to say, but I think we are screwed.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
They can't take what you don't have
. Well, they can take my debts
cuz thats all i really have.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join