It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W Bush: Sitting at home, painting portraits of dogs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
www.mediaite.com...

File this under: Things that Bush should have done besides POTUS

So while Clinton is proudly traveling the country campaigning for Obama, looks like Bush is sitting around painting dogs and landscapes. He doesn't get out much anymore...probably because he's ashamed of the God awful mess he left us with. I wouldn't want to see the people I screwed over either.

Republicans want you to see this NEW guy. Look, it's Mitt He's gonna fix everything! So what if they had the White House for 8 years and drove us in to a bottomless pit of a recession, the attitude now is:

"What Bush Presidency? Never heard of it."

I think quite a few other politicians - Santorum, Perry, Palin, Bachmann, Gingrich - basically the whole embarrassing lot of them, could learn a few things from old George W:

Sometimes, when you're a completely incompetent fool with a negative IQ, you're better off just staying home and painting pictures of your dog

edit on 16-10-2012 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Or there just isn't much left for him to do? No need to bash his life style, at this point, it seems you'll bash him no matter what he does.
"BUSH CAMPAIGNING FOR ROMNEY!"
I bet the next thing i'd see is someone saying something like "WHY IS HE CAMPAIGNING FOR ANYONE? HE ALREADY LEFT US WITH A MESS ONCE!"
So annoying.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

Didn't you hear. George Dubya Bush had absolutely nothing to do with the state of our country right now. Obama magically screwed up the perfectness that was the last Republican regime. Every problem we had or have now either started with Clinton or Obama.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TehSlenderMan
Or there just isn't much left for him to do? No need to bash his life style, at this point, it seems you'll bash him no matter what he does.
"BUSH CAMPAIGNING FOR ROMNEY!"
I bet the next thing i'd see is someone saying something like "WHY IS HE CAMPAIGNING FOR ANYONE? HE ALREADY LEFT US WITH A MESS ONCE!"
So annoying.

Well since he did such a great job he could always come out and remind us how great it is to have a Republican president?

Pretty sure his party wants him nowhere near the 2012 campaign. Wonder why?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
what a pathetic, old man.

he deserves all the hate he gets.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300
reply to post by Hawking

Didn't you hear. George Dubya Bush had absolutely nothing to do with the state of our country right now. Obama magically screwed up the perfectness that was the last Republican regime. Every problem we had or have now either started with Clinton or Obama.

Yeah according to FoxNews the Earth isn't 6,000 years old as most of its viewers believe.

..it's 4

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Well since he did such a great job he could always come out and remind us how great it is to have a Republican president?

Pretty sure his party wants him nowhere near the 2012 campaign. Wonder why?

Sure, but should be ignore Obama's term? He did absolutely nothing these entire 4 years. The only memorable thing he did was give a medal of honor to a soldier that deserved it. Democrats don't seem to be much better. Besides, when Bush was president, it was actually better off, the second Obama got into office, do you know how many offices I lost? (I'm a janitorial cleaner) with Bush, I had no problem finding a good office that could pay me a good sum. After about 6 months with Obama, I lost many offices because they just couldn't afford paying me. That wasn't Bush's fault. All 8 years of Bush's presidency, I lived great without any problems with finding offices to clean, and everything was affordable.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

The economy tanked in 2008...while he was in office. If you had trouble finding work at the end of 2008, you cannot logically blame Obama for that. But don't let logic stand in your way

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

The economy tanked in 2008...while he was in office. If you had trouble finding work at the end of 2008, you cannot logically blame Obama for that. But don't let logic stand in your way

I couldn't find a office to clean because there were very little that could hire me because they just didn't have the funds to pay me for the cleaning.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking

I couldn't find a office to clean because there were very little that could hire me because they just didn't have the funds to pay me for the cleaning.

So you were doing fine in November of 2008...In January of 2009 (the second Obama took office, like you said) they all went broke?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TehSlenderMan

that's not how it works buddy. You can't have it both ways. Republicans often point out and rightly so that the good economy under Clinton was not due to him at first.

Anyone who has looked into this long enough knows that the first 2 years of a presidency the economy is still the last guys doing.

Bush screwed us bad.

You do realize if any president is to blame it is bush. The major downfall started in 2008.. Obama wasn't there till 2009.

9/11 Iraq, and Afghanistan are what have destroyed us. All of those were under Bush. Cutting taxes, and expanding wars all over the place is just dumb. It's not truly Bushes fault completely either. In large part it is rich bankers who screwed this up. I can not believe how naive some people are.

By the way I hate Obama, but he inherited this mess. He didn't create it.

As far as the Bushes lifestyle goes, he's definitely given up. I can't think of any other president in my memory who has acted in this way. I see Bill on TV all the time. I saw the older Bush a lot too. Bush jr is never mentioned and never seen. He must hate what he has done. What he was told to do. Regretting the puppet life must suck BAD.
edit on 10/16/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

So you were doing fine in November of 2008...In January of 2009 (the second Obama took office, like you said) they all went broke?

Not the second, it was pretty good for a few months. I'm trying to recall when I lost the first office and when it went down hill from there. I mean, it lasted not so long, I was still receiving a good income in general, I wasn't in poverty or anything. It was just harder finding offices. It's a pain in the ass job when it comes to situations like that.

Edit: I never said broke, I just said didn't have enough funds to pay what I needed. They offered a lot less, but for the amount of work that some of these offices require, the price generally isn't enough/worth it. And again, I wasn't in poverty, so I had no problem denying less money, generally when one office leaves another comes that may not be as good, but it will have enough work for what they pay, if you get what i'm saying.
edit on 16-10-2012 by TehSlenderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I'm not saying Bush was some God that is almighty. I'm just saying, that the constant Bush bashing is annoying. We all were doing not SO bad as many make it sound. Besides, it's been four years since he left the presidency, people should let it go and let him do whatever he does. Painting? Then it's painting, it's a little childish to insult him for that.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TehSlenderMan

No buddy. I was not doing fine under Bush.
People can bash Bush. He deserves it.
I won't mind if you bash Obama.
He's a dumb puppet too.

That's the difference. I am not in denial.

“He’s become increasingly agoraphobic. He looked startled by the whole thing. But he doesn’t like people, he never did, he doesn’t now.”

Aww.. Poor puppet no like people.. Haha.

edit on 10/16/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Dustytoad

I'm not saying Bush was some God that is almighty. I'm just saying, that the constant Bush bashing is annoying. We all were doing not SO bad as many make it sound. Besides, it's been four years since he left the presidency, people should let it go and let him do whatever he does. Painting? Then it's painting, it's a little childish to insult him for that.

It's not about what he's doing, it's about what he's not doing: representing the Republican party. They don't want him associated in any way, with the 2012 election.

If the GOP wanted him out there campaigning, he would be. They want him as far from the public eye as possible...and for a very good reason. They'd be better off with him campaigning for Obama

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Not the second, it was pretty good for a few months. I'm trying to recall when I lost the first office and when it went down hill from there. I mean, it lasted not so long, I was still receiving a good income in general, I wasn't in poverty or anything. It was just harder finding offices. It's a pain in the ass job when it comes to situations like that.

Edit: I never said broke, I just said didn't have enough funds to pay what I needed. They offered a lot less, but for the amount of work that some of these offices require, the price generally isn't enough/worth it. And again, I wasn't in poverty, so I had no problem denying less money, generally when one office leaves another comes that may not be as good, but it will have enough work for what they pay, if you get what i'm saying.
edit on 16-10-2012 by TehSlenderMan because: (no reason given)

You should be so lucky my friend. I am happy you had offices to clean when Bush was POTUS, good for you. Things weren't quite the same for me though. Clinton was in office, I woke up, trained after work went bowling and had beers with my buddies. Then Bush took office. Shortly after, my buddies that I loved so much I would give my life for started dying one after another after another after another. In some random gawdamn place I didn't care about. Then it was funeral detail after funeral detail after funeral detail. Then, I was so lucky under Bush that I actually got to go and see my other friends die and get maimed in person for years and kill a bunch of people I didn't even know. For what? Get Saddam, yeah, that's what we were told our mission was from the get go and we did it......NO, they kept us there as freaking target practice for random arse lunatics that had nothing to do with that for years. Hope you enjoyed what Bush brought to your table....I didn't. That's for damn sure. I hope that sumabich rots.
edit on 10/16/2012 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Hitler painted dogs too...

www.hitler.org...

Let's not forget the Bush family ties to Hitler:

George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany.

The Guardian has obtained confirmation from newly discovered files in the US National Archives that a firm of which Prescott Bush was a director was involved with the financial architects of Nazism.

His business dealings, which continued until his company's assets were seized in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act, has led more than 60 years later to a civil action for damages being brought in Germany against the Bush family by two former slave labourers at Auschwitz and to a hum of pre-election controversy.

The evidence has also prompted one former US Nazi war crimes prosecutor to argue that the late senator's action should have been grounds for prosecution for giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

www.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 16-10-2012 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
This is almost exactly what I have been trying to get people to see. How can people just forget the whole mess Bush left us with? Do they not realize the amount of money the Republican president made for those in big business, including himself? The wars overseas alone made so many billions of dollars, barely a trickle of which actually reached the lower class. People can say what they will about Obama, and I personally don't like him all that much, but without having much to work with I think he did better than Romney could have done any day.

How can anyone support the Rep. party after they blatantly cheated Paul out of a nomination? They basically did not attempt to hide the fact either. I know some Republicans did actually wake up at that moment, but so many have not, some of which I know in my personal life. It is sad to say the least. And why do they want Romney in office? So he can make more people a lot of money of course.

Let's say I was wrong though. Even if his objective was not to make money for himself and his supporters, the fact still remains that he is not worried about benefiting the vast majority of the populace, who are virtually all lower class at this point. I already know he will eliminate much of the restrictions on big banks, virtually allowing them to screw us in round two, despite the recent crash. This is nothing more than Republican doctrine. The truth is that big business will screw over the people every time, and they need to be controlled in the real sense of the word.

And why is Bush sitting at home painting portraits of dogs all day? Because he can. He was an oil man, and the wars he started alone probably made him hundreds of millions of dollars. If I had that much money I probably would do the same thing. But what makes people like me different from people like him is that people like me would never screw anyone over to make a buck, while people like him would. And in the world of big business, those are the type of people you will find. Romney is this type of person, and is someone I know does not want this job so he can do great things for mankind. He has gone this far because those backing him know he will play ball, and do what he can to make a lot of money for a lot of people.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus
This is almost exactly what I have been trying to get people to see. How can people just forget the whole mess Bush left us with? Do they not realize the amount of money the Republican president made for those in big business, including himself? The wars overseas alone made so many billions of dollars, barely a trickle of which actually reached the lower class. People can say what they will about Obama, and I personally don't like him all that much, but without having much to work with I think he did better than Romney could have done any day.

How can anyone support the Rep. party after they blatantly cheated Paul out of a nomination? They basically did not attempt to hide the fact either. I know some Republicans did actually wake up at that moment, but so many have not, some of which I know in my personal life. It is sad to say the least. And why do they want Romney in office? So he can make more people a lot of money of course.

Let's say I was wrong though. Even if his objective was not to make money for himself and his supporters, the fact still remains that he is not worried about benefiting the vast majority of the populace, who are virtually all lower class at this point. I already know he will eliminate much of the restrictions on big banks, virtually allowing them to screw us in round two, despite the recent crash. This is nothing more than Republican doctrine. The truth is that big business will screw over the people every time, and they need to be controlled in the real sense of the word.

And why is Bush sitting at home painting portraits of dogs all day? Because he can. He was an oil man, and the wars he started alone probably made him hundreds of millions of dollars. If I had that much money I probably would do the same thing. But what makes people like me different from people like him is that people like me would never screw anyone over to make a buck, while people like him would. And in the world of big business, those are the type of people you will find. Romney is this type of person, and is someone I know does not want this job so he can do great things for mankind. He has gone this far because those backing him know he will play ball, and do what he can to make a lot of money for a lot of people.

No Jiggy, they want Romney in office because they want him and his "longer stronger" approach to the Middle East. They want more of our sons and daughters and mothers and fathers to die in some )*(& as)(* place. They want to vote for him because they want stronger military presence in places we don't belong. They may change their tune if they ever had to stand there, lower a flag covered casket of your friend into the ground and hand his crying wife a flag with a bullet in it. Then tell her it was for his country and freedom and a good cause......instead of telling them the truth......politicians that wanted to prove a point.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
He should be painting, alright.

Behind bars.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join