link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Trust you to make a damn good point. Lol

Even still, we laugh at clowns... we still know it's a clown

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by eyeinoz
reply to post by winofiend

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo its music mind control to make you dance like an idiot gangnam style

I see no woop whoop whoopwooop.. I think you are disingenuous in your irony, or is that .. wait..

Now I have a hurt...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

I tend to listen to digital music, so I tend to be a bit behind on what's "new". At any rate, about a month ago I opted to turn on the radio for the first time in a few months. It came on and some gawd awful pop music came streaming out at me. Rap mixed with disco, and maybe some power tools involved? At any rate my finger immediately shot out for the preset button to get it to my local rock station.

My finger hit the button and nothing happened. Nothing changed. Same damned song.

My eyes flew to the display and sure enough, the radio was set correctly.... 96.1. The only new rock station in my area.

My mind went blank. I quite literally was in a state of shock.

A few hours later, when I got home, I immediately hit the Google and discovered that the only decent rock station in Atlanta was gone. It had turned pop. We still have a couple of "oldies" stations that play only rock from the seventies and eighties - or pop rock from the eighties and nineties. But nothing crunchy or hard. Oh, and we still have one "alt rock" station, with a weak signal, but they only play the kind of stuff that Carson Daily has on his show at three in the morning. LA trendy stuff that doesn't really sound much like rock to begin with. Stuff that doesn't connect with me at all.

Cliff playing "Anesthesia, Pulling Teeth" is a world away now. I can listen to it digitally. What surprises me is that I actually miss some of the stuff I was mocking just a few years back. Suddenly I find myself wishing I'd hear Limp Bizkit on a radio. At least that might mean that the next song would be something in my wheelhouse. But, alas, station to station to station...

Rap, pop, rap, country, rap, pop, pop, country, pop, rap... It's all gone Gangam.

~Heff

Everything is going gangnam.. it's almost palpable how different things are becoming. *THAT* I can attribute to my encroaching mortal demise.
I'm sure of it. A cup of milo has become tedious, and this is scary. that little stain of undisolved chocolate at the bottom of the mug. as a kid, I loved it.. now it's a waste and I don't like it.

hahaha you put those words in the right order, /rock/pop rock/ and I had not considered that in yonks.

I even, sad as it is but I am a saddo, like to listen to classic yesterday FM. reminds me of going to school. And not a single ho or blingmaster in sight.. or to be heard as it were.

I can hear the younger members.. "Off to pasture, gramps.." .. jesus I need to have some kids post haste so I can grow old with continuity. who'd be over 40

lol
edit on 16-10-2012 by winofiend because: pasr uer past ure, well I never!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I had to...lmao

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

HAahaha... wait, that's what it sounds like to parents? That's what it sounds like in Total!! o.O

I am reminded of the human kid from star trek tng who was stolen by the violent race as a baby and found by picard. His music was.. dubstep.

minus the step

Ohh what a day, come home, lose my cigar, pour a wine... find a bike.. it still had wheels!! when I say find I mean in a vacant field covered in grass.. tis a day.

stupid dubstep..

I'll get the fire. you get the pokey stick!!!

oiO

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Heff, you made me do it brother...

For anyone left straggling along, trying to get the first bus outta this thread...

may cliff have mercy on you all..
BASS! BASS! this guy was so stoned he thought he was playing lead. BASS. Rest his soul.. BASS!!

^^ That guy... That guy there.. died in a bus accident in the 80's.. to this day makes me smile..
edit on 16-10-2012 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I have no thought on the Gangnam Style stuff.
I am typically way behind on current fads. I have my MP3's of music i like or IheartRardio set to Five Finger Death Punch. So any pop, rap, or music/dance fad music does not make it to my ears.

The only reason I know about lady gaga, beiber, or any of them is because they are all over the TV. Spoon/force feed to the masses. I have no clue if they are brillant or not, i won't give them the time of day.

I have been thinking to myself lately that i am getting old cause all this new music sucks (think i even said this on another thread about current music). I use to look at my dad when i was a kid and laugh telling him he was old cause he did not like the current style of music. Now I find myself listening to some of his music. Ugh! to be young and naive.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
It's simple. Gangnam Style is popular because it sounds EXACTLY the same as every other song on the radio. 4-on-the-floor techno beat, rapping, electronic noises... heck, there's even the obligatory phrase with the word "sexy" in it. It's literally the Korean version of the band LMFAO.

Personally, I don't get it. I just flat don't get it. There is SO MUCH amazing music out there today! I don't even have a favorite band (or even genre) anymore because I'm always finding something new. Post-Rock, Electro Pop, Indie Rock, Tribal-Ambient, Futurepop, Psychobilly, Trip-Hop, Gothic Metal, Neo-Classical, Steampunk... I just can't get enough!!!

So, why in God's name would anyone confine their listening habits to the radio???

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Have you tried riding the imaginary horse? It's amazing really.
do it without the music, in an elevator full of people just for kicks.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
wop wop oppa gangnam style

wop wop wop woppa gangstyle

heyooo sexy ladeh

wop wop wop wop

oppa gangnam style
edit on 21-10-2012 by Jauk3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Gangnam style is silly.... and fun!

It's so damn silly that it's so damn fun to ride the invisible horse in your livingroom together with your kids and husband and aunts and have a blast laughing together!

remember the 'huckle buck'?
it's just as silly yet still played at most parties

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

reply to post by Hefficide

Personally I like the religious stuff from the 90's, like this...............

BRING IT.............

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jauk3
wop wop oppa gangnam style
oppa gangnam style

OP, thanks for this thread. I had no idea why this phrase "Open condom style" was so popular!

I work at home, and when that music comes on the radio, or the TV, I bop around singing, "OPEN CONDOM STYLE." (Jazz hands)!

edit on 24-10-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
"Open condom style....."

"ooohhh whos is that baby......"

"nope.. nope. nope nope"

The reason this song got famous is because of current song style, it capitalizes on dance, and everything else, is catchy...

If you go to a night club, you can bet this would be played AT LEAST once, funny thing is... people would be doing their casual dancing in night club.. soon as this song comes on.. they do the horse back riding motion.. "im like wth.. " all of a sudden a hot girl i been eyeing would look stupid

i have it in my car, i modded it a bit,i lowered the vocals and increased the base.
edit on 10/24/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

I lold but I don't know if I would call this dubstep. At all.

I like Gangnam Style. I think the video is awesome and hilarious, actually kinda dig the beat and enjoy it's not in English. Also I want to make babies with that little sauce pot chica.

I like a little bit of everything. Listening to Night Call right now, was gangster leaning to Shania Twain in my 'whip' earlier, had some rap going while I worked out, blasted some classical while doing dishes.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I also heard about this on the news (I'm in Argentina) and thought it was silly to report that instead of more important things. When I watched the video I thought "That's it?" but after listening to the song for a while I kind of like it.

I like this version better, though:

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Hell I was even astounded many years ago when I heard the local radio play some AC/DC. Unheard of.

Here ya go, winofiend.

Wait until the radio starts playing this......

edit on 22/12/2012 by Theflyingweldsman because: reply code

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Some people just need a steel-toed boot stomped over their heads a few dozen times, literally or metaphorically speaking. The Gangnam style yo-yo, half the mods on this forum, these guys.

It's always amazed me how some people choose to frolic through life, spitting on homeless people, taking advantage of the weak, desiring nothing more than to be a c*** nuttin', whore f'in, megalomaniac, who beats his kids, sodomizes his wife, and then goes to church on Sunday thinking he will go to heaven, and then you've got other people who just kill themselves.

posted on Dec, 23 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Hey Winofiend, ya got to get on the bandwagon with this stupid popular style of dancing. This gangnam thing means to dance like you're riding a horse. Come on! We can make millions if we come out with:

The Pogo stick dance!

The Climbing a Ladder dance!

The fighting against the wind dance! I like this one cuz the ladies will throw up their skirts like in a wind storm.

We're gonna be rich, if only we can dumb down that much.

posted on Dec, 24 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Not too sure why Burtons death makes you smile, but thanks for the video! Any chance you have the full version?

new topics

<< 1    3 >>

join