It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU bans broadcast of Iranian TV channels

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Well that was a load of hydro chloro bull hockey nukes and south park make for "great hyperbole" that is not grounded in reality.

Freedom of speech eh?

Do you realize that Iran is an Islamic fascist theocracy whose entire society is modeled after their belief in allah?

Which means anyone who is touting freedom of speech doesn't get that in Iran it is speech dictated by that theocracy

edit on 17-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by SilentKoala
Meanwhile they criticize Iran for censorship and suppression of free speech. I love western hypocrisy.

Meanwhile the West has allowed Iran more air time than Iran has allowed the West in Iran.

Double standard much?

Don't worry. Their Internet service is the Best in the World !

You cant take that away from them, Slayer.........

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Well that was a load of hydro chloro bull hockey nukes and south park make for "great hyperbole" that is not grounded in reality.

Freedom of speech eh?

Do you realize that Iran is an Islamic fascist theocracy whose entire society is modeled after their belief in allah?

Which means anyone who is touting freedom of speech doesn't get that in Iran it is speech dictated by that theocracy

edit on 17-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I am pretty darn certain that I recall making it very clear that I was aware that they have to watch what they say but I think your seriously underestimating how easy it is for a lot of their rules to be followed.

As for making God the corner stone of their society, I think you are quick to condemn that. Many of them are proud simply because they obviously don't think their way is that bad. Seeking God is important. Yes, it is modeled after a certain God but you should not confuse that with intolerance of other beliefs. Many countries that are said to be intolerant are just intolerant of people coming over and stirring up mission work and outside customs... stirring up the normal community goings on. If it works for them and you don't like it, don't go there. You as a non citizen being concerned about their leadership (unless it could be truly proven that it was going to affect you) is like them telling us which leader we should vote in and threatening the ones we have and that actually effects them MORE than it does the American people because the president in the next term is the one going to call the strike in. They actually have a HUGE stake in this but they sure as hell don't have a say, do they?

Trust me... Allah's not their freaking PROBLEM and it actually suits them quite well in the current situation to keep a close watch on who is devout and who is not because then any outside uprisers could be easily heard, noticed, picked out. We've been working on Iran so long, they know it's coming so what's it to you how they have chosen to clamp down on things? What's it to you if they believe Allah will help them get through this? What's it to you that they decided ONLY Allah could help them get through this? Both Islam and Christianity suggests that history is going to stir up again in this age and we think they wrote a message to us and this is what have from that and even in the present day it is talked and talked and talked all over our new God, the Television... We are just confirming the warnings of Allah and Christ so really, how dare you condemn their faith in those warnings while your words drive home the same sentiment as the threatening intent in everything they've known in distant history, more recent history and with their own eyes currently right around them.

Hell no Israel doesn't want them having a bomb because they're much more reluctant to screw with those of the nuclear community... and that's important because they really want to screw, no, need to screw with Iran. Iran is a power and could tip the scale. That's why their oil is important and they don't want anyone buying it and that includes China very much, which is why China was an important one to refuse.

You see, it's somewhat of a great influence that China is supporting them. This doesn't apply to all countries that China supports... it's the circumstances. It is actually one of the reasons we are leary of them advancing, because of their relationship with China... BECAUSE they are a supplier to China. It's not just that we don't want Iran having more power, it's also that we don't want China having more of a certain kind of power... and that is power over our economics. We don't want them buying Iranian oil, we don't want them using other currencies for oil trade and that's why certain countries are targets, not just by using currencies but using it in certain ways that will make it strong. So it's really about Western countries afraid of being ruled by the East.

Maybe you need to just think to yourself for a little while.
I don't think you really know anything. Iranians wear burqas or whatever, natives run around naked... we don't tell them to put clothes on and we don't manage crime in other countries. Manage crime and protest laws in your own country is my additional advice to you.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandelay Industries

Speaking of censorship, Iran and Iran's apologists,
How about this one?

Iran: Persian interpreter tampers with Morsi's NAM speech

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitational

Like the same way America claims that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was threatening to wipe off Israel?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join