It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous tracked down the jailbait-loving perv who destroyed Amanda Todd's life

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Skarr

This guy shouldve already been un-masked.. by the police!
When they discovered that he made a facebook page with 12 year old boobs as his profile pic, the cops should have contacted facebook for the IP address and arrested the dude.
Thats just another reason this story is suspect, to many details left out.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skarr
I believe de-anonymizing people like this is the answer.

But where does this, "de-anonymizing" stop? Will you eventually have to put in passport details or maybe you will have to swipe an identification card whenever you go online.

It's a slippery slope...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I sympathize with the story. The girl. But that it not the point of my post.

PEOPLE STOP HARPING ON THIS GIRL AND FOCUS ON WHAT MATTERS!

The investigation. The Pedophile, And the RCMP negligence when her picture first appeared on facebook.

God, you are all making me sick with assassination of her character. It is time to grow up and act like adults and talk about the real reason this story needs to be brought to light. Because of severe bullying and Pedophiles!!

ATS, you guys are making me ill lately...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Us too, no cable just netflix

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

And in that vein.....this is the topic

Anonymous tracked down the jailbait-loving perv who destroyed Amanda Todd's life

Please discuss it. If you wish to discuss Amanda, there is another thread for that.
Further OFF TOPIC posts will continue to be removed.

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

You are responsible for your own posts.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
I sympathize with the story. The girl. But that it not the point of my post.

PEOPLE STOP HARPING ON THIS GIRL AND FOCUS ON WHAT MATTERS!

The investigation. The Pedophile, And the RCMP negligence when her picture first appeared on facebook.

God, you are all making me sick with assassination of her character. It is time to grow up and act like adults and talk about the real reason this story needs to be brought to light. Because of severe bullying and Pedophiles!!

ATS, you guys are making me ill lately...

This girl was a brat. Plain and simple. She did stupid things on a consistent basis which lead to her family having to relocate several times.

During the video Todd says that, during seventh grade, she used video chat to meet new people over the internet, where she received compliments on her looks. A stranger convinced Todd to bare her breasts on camera. The individual later blackmailed her with threats to expose the topless photo to her friends unless she gave a "show".

Todd says that police informed her, during the next Christmas break, that the photo was circulating the internet. The news caused her to experience anxiety, major depression and panic disorder. Her family moved home, but she began to take drugs and alcohol. Her anxiety worsened and she couldn't leave the house.[

So cops told her the photo was circulating but didn't do anything about it? Hmmmm...sounds fishy.

A year later the individual reappeared, creating a Facebook profile with the topless photograph as the profile image. Again Todd was teased, and eventually changed school for a second time. Happier, she says she began chatting to "an old guy friend" who appeared to like her. The friend asked Todd to come to his house, where they had sex, whilst his girlfriend was on holiday.[13] The following week the girlfriend and a group of others attacked Todd at school; shouting insults and punching her to the ground. Following the incident Todd attempted suicide by drinking bleach, but was rushed to hospital to have her stomach pumped.

All of this is appropriate for a 15 year old girl...

After returning home Todd discovered abusive messages about the incident posted to Facebook. Her family moved to another city to start afresh, but Todd was unable to escape the past. Six months later further messages and abuse were still being posted to social networking sites. She began cutting herself and her anxiety was getting worse. Despite taking anti-depressants and receiving counselling, she took an overdose and spent two days in hospital.

If I was her family and was forced to pick up everything and move because she couldn't handle being ridiculed then she would have everything taken away from her. No privileges. No computer (takes care of the web cam and facebook problem), no access to vehicles and/or no leaving the house (which takes care of the indiscriminate sex at 15 YEARS OLD).

Ask yourself this. Does this story make ANY SENSE AT ALL!?!?!

Because it doesn't to me.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others
edit on Tue Oct 16 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I think its a good thing, personally. In my perspective he is an accomplice to murder.. If this gets enough attention from the public and the media (which it is already gaining), then I think he might be taken to court fairly soon.
This guy has been made an example of. And maybe, just maybe people might think twice before they re-post intimate, private pictures.

Unless of course, they want the wrath of Anonymous bearing down on them..

She was a young, insecure and lonely little girl. She was only doing what society is teaching young girls now. Be thin, sexy, daring, cool, fun, etc.. And all the boys will fall at your feet and think you're awesome and all the girls will want to hang out with you and be your best friend...

To be like this, society has taught them that they should; have loads of friends on facebook, be popular, be like the girls in the magazines and in music videos, know how to be the best in bed, look like this, act like that. Etc, etc, etc...

There is SO much pressure on girls today - that many will do anything to be liked and loved. And in recent years the same pressure is becoming more and more apparent with boys too.

Things need to change and fast... A friend showed me an article about a 10 YEAR OLD GIRL committing SUICIDE...!! Because bullies called her fat, ugly and a slut...?! That should not happen in the 21st century.

Soz... rant over
edit on 16-10-2012 by fluff007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

And in that vein.....this is the topic

Please discuss it. If you wish to discuss Amanda, there is another thread for that.
Further OFF TOPIC posts will continue to be removed.

--Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

You are responsible for your own posts.

Want my take on the entire thing?

I think this is all a cover to get our minds off of what is going on in the middle east.

Its fitting that a shadow group of internet hackers who's validity should come into question were the ones who found this alleged pedophile.

I'm starting to come to the conclusion that all of these news stories that go viral or are spread around primarily though social networking sites are just something to keep the sheep in line and to brainwash the ignorant who actually believe that these stories are important at all.

Where is Anonymous for all the other suicides due to online bullying on a daily basis. Do they help homosexuals that get picked on online? Do they help the ugly kids? Fat kids? Kids that are subjected to racial bias?

Or only pretty young 15 year old girls that peak the interest of the idiots in this world?

EDIT: This video was posted today by "Anonymous"

edit on 16-10-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

Now, you tell me...what is real and what is fake.
edit on 16-10-2012 by olliemc84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
There is a heinous lack of empathy towards what that girl suffered.

Anonymous should not have revealed the information about that man publicly in my opinion. Now people are threatening to do almost exactly the same kind of things which he did to Amanda Todd. It makes them no better than him.

Let the police deal with it, instead of baying mobs hungry for blood.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

In that case, I fully agree. Violations of law should be handled by our police.

Is it illegal to snap a picture up a girl's skirt in public? Yep.
Photographing celebrities every move, to their great detriment? Totally legal.
Can you spend hours thinking of the most hateful, vitriolic statements you can dream up, with the sole intent of crushing the individual you aim them at? Hell yes you can.

These aren't legal questions, they are moral questions.
Society as a whole decides what morality is currently accepted.

Someone like this 'king of the trolls' - imagine how many 100s of lives would be better off if he had been 'outed' years ago. He would still have had the choice to continue taking the same actions. Except he'd now be accountable for his actions.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SaltireWarrior

I don't view it as a slippery slope at all. You're confusing 'have to' with 'choose to'.

This also goes back to the difference between law and morality.

As a citizen that wants to make a difference in the world, I see a few fruitful paths.
1. Attempt to affect change at the democratic level. (Ha!)
2. Attempt to affect change at the individual level, through changing others' viewpoints.
3. Attempt to affect change at the individual level, by championing ideas and ideals that stand to positively change the world.

We all know how effective #1 is these days _javascript:icon('
').

I see an act like de-anonymyzing a coward as a noble, legal act as a citizen, with the aim of causing the individual to finally deal with the consequences of their actions, as opposed to letting one's 'targets' bear the full brunt.

What I did here was an attempt at approach #3.

Once in awhile, an idea I share resonates, and it gets shared again and again.
It is a small way that I, you, anyone can try to make a difference, in a very low-cost way.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

What is the problem of uncovering the identity of someone on the internet that preys on under age girls.

Nothing..so lets get all the anon members who prey on young girls and boys on the net...because many of them do.

I wouldn't be surprised if the dude they have exposed has anonymous affiliations with anon.

There are some good people in anon, but do they REALLY KNOW who they are affiliating themselves with, and what those other individuals do in private or with other sic like minded individuals.

There are some real sic dark minded people out there who do good things on occasion...does that make then someone to be admired ?

I have no doubt there are some very good people within anon, who do their best to expose corruption, but I know for a fact that there are some nasty hypocritical bullies as well, and I can't stand their hypocritical , sneaky, untruthful ways.

There is a good reason I call those specific kind of anon members zeroes trying to look like heroes.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
How did everyone on her facebook know that she drank bleach?

How was her name supplied and then used by the media after she was dead? She was a minor and her name should have never been revealed.

Again, why would the cops show up at her house to tell her photos of her boobs that SHE released were circulating the internet?

After being jumped by kids at school, why weren't there any charges pressed on the attackers by her parents?

Everyone having such a gut wrenching reaction to a story that you can't even verify is real. Not everything you read on the internet is real.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by olliemc84

Where is Anonymous for all the other suicides due to online bullying on a daily basis. Do they help homosexuals that get picked on online? Do they help the ugly kids? Fat kids? Kids that are subjected to racial bias?

Or only pretty young 15 year old girls that peak the interest of the idiots in this world?

Here's the sad truth no one wants to hear: Anon wouldn't give a damn if this girl was one of the many fat, ugly and poor people who are harassed everyday. This girl is the classic "Damsel in Distress" and much like Ivanhoe or Lancelot, they must act to "avenge" her honor. This isn't about bullying, it's about a more base need on the part of those who outed the man. Am I sorry he got outed? Not really, but I think it's silly to look at this as something noble.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Did you see the video I posted beneath that post?

This story seems like it is scripted from a Lifetime made for TV movie.

I don't know if the youtube video I posted is authentic or not, but now Anon is now claiming that it is a media scheme

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

This guy has been made an example of. And maybe, just maybe people might think twice before they re-post intimate, private pictures. Unless of course, they want the wrath of Anonymous bearing down on them..

Don't make me laugh... I have sent intimate private pictures once in my lifetime to someone who I thought cared deeply for me..

He is now part of anonymous, and when I called him out on twitter for the BS lies he feeds to people, he sent me a nasty email threatening to send the pics to everyone in my family and plaster them all over facebook. He has also threatened to blow up where I live as well as blow up where my children live. It makes me sic to my stomach watching his tweets on getting justice for amanda , because he is far worse.

This is no kid...this is supposedly a 62 year old man, but I actually think he lives under a stolen identity..but I'm not sure about that.

Like I said..some within anonymous are far more guilty of what they judge others for...and quite frankly it leaves me with little or no respect for the whole lot of them, which is most likely unfair on my part...because I'm sure there are some good ones.

I admit I was the total idiot for sending pics like that, and naive enough to believe he would never use them against me...so lesson learned on my part.

I could go on and on about the disgusting levels this guy will stoop to...but I think I've made my point about why I have little respect for anon.

edit on 16-10-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by olliemc84

Very Interesting. Thank you for sharing that.
Perhaps, some will research all of the facts before passing judgment on any parties real or contrived.
or not...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by exdog5

I have started a new thread to discuss the video here

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

It's a laughable theory considering her family and several others have been interviewed about her death. She is real and she did die. The reason it's everywhere is because the media can make money off the poor "Damsel in Distress".

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

It's a laughable theory considering her family and several others have been interviewed about her death. She is real and she did die. The reason it's everywhere is because the media can make money off the poor "Damsel in Distress".

What if her family faked her death to finally stop the bullying?

I've seen more laughable theories about countless things on ATS lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join