It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So how do you explain existence ?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

religion was invented by man,

Religion is of man ? I agree with that. But Christ is of the Father.

Badgered

Evidence of god = 0

Then we obviously don't agree on what evidence is. Because I see the evidence every time I open my eyes.
edit on 21-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Jesus Christ is also of man, we only know of Jesus Christ because of the writings of man, there are no non biblical historical records documenting him so it is very doubtful he even existed.

I see the same as you when I open my eyes, light from the sun burning millions of miles away, a massive nuclear reaction providing energy for this planet. It is beautiful, it is amazing, it is wonderful but alas no god had a hand in it. It's all explainable if you allow yourself the education.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

It's all explainable if you allow yourself the education.

So you believe, that because you can understand the mechanics of something, anything, you can just negate the mechanic ? Have you ever been to a magic show that didn't have magician ? I'm sorry but I see it as hilarious if you think man is the most intelligent being in the universe, the highest form of sentient being. That's just so laughable. It's far more absurd to to try and believe there is no God. Which you keep claiming as if you really know. You don't know squat and should own up to that.

Now I ask you, did Jesus Christ exist ?

" The only thing that interferes with learning is an education " Albert Einstein

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

just like i see proof that a magical purple unicorn excreted everything into existance.

Dont you know the magical purple unicorn? and how he comforts you at night by putting the tip of its horn in your mouth?

Obviously we dont agree on what is true so you must be wrong.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Noncompatible

You haven't presented anything to discuss but your lop sided view.

At least come at me with something that's true.

What a joke. If you wanted to discuss anything you would first admit you were wrong to put words in my mouth.
Oh and the rest of reply doesn't mean anything after what I did quote.

So you're just wrong.

edit on 20-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

My lopsided view ?
That's rich. There is no evidence of a deity or any indication of your particular creation story beyond two conflicting accounts in an old book that contradicts itself continuously. However, being willing to discuss it with you rather than dismiss it it out of hand is a lopsided view.
Got it, moving along. Nothing to see here but blind faith and a thread designed to allow you to pontificate about your chosen belief.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I don't know why you guys continue to go on and on about this subject, everything is a great mystery and mankind has since the beginning sought to understand why.

To me our existence/consciousness is a miracle, yet not a miracle, supernatural although not supernatural, only unknown.

For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Love increases the waters energy level and stabilizes the water.

youtu.be...

"It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.

Greatest commandment love one-another.

To see a world in a grain of sand,
And a heaven in a wild flower,
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
And eternity in an hour.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

Got it, moving along. Nothing to see here but blind faith and a thread designed to allow you to pontificate about your chosen belief.

Sure there isn't anything else you'd like to add before you storm off in your stilettos for the second time.

Wert

Obviously we dont agree on what is true so you must be wrong.

You know I just don't get it. But it seems to me that people who don't believe there's a God. Shouldn't care about people that do. But that isn't even close to being the case. What if there is a God ? None of you can possibly know there isn't. So if there is why would it bother you ?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

No I don't believe we are the most intelligent beings in the universe. I'm sure there are aliens far smarter than we are and I am also sure there is no god.

You say we shouldn't care whether other people believe in god but you clearly care whether people don't believe. You feel you have to spout out your religious nonsense and speak to us in a condescending way as though you are right and we're all wrong. Funny thing is atheism is backed up by evidence, religion isn't.

It wouldn't be so bad if people like you didn't try push your views into schools and government. We feel we need to protect ourselves and children from religious vitriole.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyleR
reply to post by randyvs

I truly don't think it matters where we came from or how we became to be. If we found out the answer, then what? The truth is that we exist and the question should be -where are we going to go from here? I believe the truth we are looking so hard far is right in front of us. The shiny objects in this life keeps us distracted from what we are truly capable of. And what is that? you may be asking yourself..- whatever we want it to be. We have the ability to make our future and the life we have the best that it can be.

I truly think it matters where we came from and how we became to be.

If we found the answer, we could start from there and work our way up. We've got some things figured out already. But without knowing where you come from, you have no way of knowing if it is the right way.

You talk like you couldn't give two #s about where we came from. I'm not positive but i think there is proof of intelligent life before the time our history books say. When we find out who what when where how why, then we can ask - where are we going to go from here?

I'm not sure i've ever heard anyone say, "it doesn't matter where we come from."

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
So how do you explain existence :

I think existence is something given to all beings (that understand that they are aware and ask such questions and wonder about stuff) by something that don't exist anymore -so will never know cause we can't ask them (or it)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by randyvs

No I don't believe we are the most intelligent beings in the universe. I'm sure there are aliens far smarter than we are and I am also sure there is no god.

You say we shouldn't care whether other people believe in god but you clearly care whether people don't believe. You feel you have to spout out your religious nonsense and speak to us in a condescending way as though you are right and we're all wrong. Funny thing is atheism is backed up by evidence, religion isn't.

It wouldn't be so bad if people like you didn't try push your views into schools and government. We feel we need to protect ourselves and children from religious vitriole.

No wonder, it was aliens what did it !

How is it I clearly care that people don't believe ? When I can in truth say , I don't ! You're bombastically posting in the thread I made, accusing me of spouting off and pushing my views on you. Claiming you need to protect yourself because we might infiltrate into Gov. and the school system. Protect yourself from what ? : How pathetic ?

You're sure there is no God ? No you're not and the only thing you're proving by saying that is how utterly ignorant you are to the facts of the conversation. No one can know for a fact.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Congratulations. You handled the question.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by RUFFREADY

Congratulations. You handled the question.

Thank you.

It just made since to me. I do think though, it was planted in (that question) brains that are aware..by something

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I don't think you grasped what I said, yes I said there is probably alien life in the universe more intelligent than we are. I didn't say that aliens created us.

I don't believe aliens or your god created us

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I don't believe aliens or your god created us

Way to go !

Anything pertaining to the OP?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

We were created by the process of evolution, the earth is 4.5 billions years old and it has been a slow process to get where we are today.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

We were created

Then who created evolution ?

Good I'm glad we agree. Nothing is created without a Creator, nothing designed without a designer, nothing programmed without a programmer, nothing mechanized without a mechanic, no magic without a magician.. Are you starting to see a trend here and why I believe you are wrong.

And evolution has never created anything.

Haven't you had enough of this yet?

edit on 22-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Had enough if what? You preempting my reply to try dissuade me cos you can't bear reading that your god doesn't exist.

Nobody created evolution, evolution is a natural process that takes place over millions of years. I'm glad to see you acknowledge evolution over the nursery rhyme that is creationism. You're learning at last.

But going back to your logic that everything needs a creator then tell me who created your god? Not gonna break your own rule now are you?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

But going back to your logic that everything needs a creator then tell me who created your god? Not gonna break your own rule now are you?

Not at all, see there must be a causeless cause at some point, or else we must face the impossibility of what you suggest. An infinite number of retro generations.

God would certainly suffice as the causeless cause.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join