It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So how do you explain existence ?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GafferUK1981

One more thing that needs drilling into your head. I am positive there is no god so how can I fear what does not exist. How can I ruin heaven for myself, heaven is not what I want, I just want to die in no pain when my time comes and eventually go back to the stars from which my atoms once came from.

Thought I was completely clear, that it isn't possible for you to be positive, that there is no God.
Alright and that's fine with me pal. Won't catch me trying to stop you. But you can't know heaven isn't what you want either. So more BS.

nv

Dead horse ?

The horse that God built.
edit on 28-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

And we even know how the horse evolved over the last 50 million years into such a fine race horse like Secretariat :-)

edit on 28-10-2012 by nv4711 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Don't tell me what I want. I don't want to live forever. I believe in making our time alive count cos it won't last forever.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

No !
Science has gone thru an untold number of drawing boards, just to come to a point where they can explain the mechanics, that allow a race horse like Secretariet to exist. Mankind, being ever faithful to his independent stuper and always far to quick on the trigger. Sites the explanation of the mechanics as proof there is no Mechanic.

While still struggling with biological phenomena. Like a thoroughbred race horse out of nowhere, being born with a heart that was two and half times the size of any other horse, ever recorded in human history. Secretariet's heart was found to be such, at his autopsy. Yes all big money horses get autopsies.

Secretariet, the horse that God built. Literally !
I mean why not ?

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by nv4711

No !
Science has gone thru an untold number of drawing boards, just to come to a point where they can explain the mechanics, that allow a race horse like Secretariet to exist. Mankind, being ever faithful to his independent stuper and always far to quick on the trigger. Sites the explanation of the mechanics as proof there is no Mechanic.

While still struggling with biological phenomena. Like a thoroughbred race horse out of nowhere, being born with a heart that was two and half times the size of any other horse, ever recorded in human history. Secretariet's heart was found to be such, at his autopsy. Yes all big money horses get autopsies.

Secretariet, the horse that God built. Literally !
I mean why not ?

Randy, would you do me a favor?

Would you please follow the below link, read that page and let me know whether or not you believe that? thanks!

www.answersingenesis.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

" I can look around this world and see exactly why some one would say there is no God. What I can not fathom, is how they can look into the cosmos and make the same claim ".
Abraham Lincoln.

Quite an easy thing to do really.

"Honest Abe" might not have been beyond a little pandering to his electorate. Either way, it's only someone's opinion. Without something to genuinely back such an opinion, irrelevant.

How could anyone with intelligence believe for one second, that the human being is the highest sentient form of consciousness and intelligence there is ?

What a goof that is ?

I don't believe that. I realise I don't know.

posted on Oct, 28 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Controlling the masses ? That's the new charge ? Sorry no new toys today.

Randy, give the link a bit of a peruse. I'm not implying an evil oligarchy that implements religion purposely for their own ends (though the thought has crossed my mind
). Religiosity is proportionally synonymous with societal problems and ill health. This is fact. The paper discusses this fact. There are various hypotheses as to whether religion might be symptomatic or causative and in which way etc. Either way, religion in the US is obviously synonymous with large scale societal dysfunction (in comparison to other first world countries). It is comparable to third world nations this way.

Not trying to say religious people are less than or more than. They are exactly the same as anyone else IMO, except they have one more belief. Got any thoughts on this situation?

hinessight.blogs.com...

edit on 28-10-2012 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Secretariet, the horse that God built. Literally ! I mean why not ?

Because:
#1. This is the stupidest thing I've ever heard
#2. Christians think gambling is evil and horse racing entails gambling
#3. Because there is always variation in nature, some individuals are bigger and some are smaller.
#4. Why would an omnipotent god waste his time making one horse's heart bigger when he could do so much bigger things like scare all of us evil sinners into submission?
#5. If a muscle car has an engine twice as big as my car does that mean god made it?
edit on 29-10-2012 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Been some time since we bumped heads.

I don't believe that. I realise I don't know.

But my memory serves me well, as I was pretty sure you would answer the question correctly.

I'll get to your link too Cog. Hang tuff.
edit on 29-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
short answer ..we can't

for all we know our entire solar system could be sitting in a tech lab under a lens

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

Look out for a trap Randyvious !

Ahhh! instead of asking you, do you mean do I believe all of the page you linked ? Or just a part of it ? Or... Or can I delay for just a moment to make a point that really would show you why at the same time ?

I believe in the Creator God.

Now for me, look up the word God in a good dictionary. I believe what you are ultimately asking me is do I believe a supreme being could make the occurrence happen as it is described in the Bible ? So Randys answer must be yes !

Woops, and there he goes everyone the crowd is after him . He 's out the door now , now he's running out in front of our building here. the police are arriving, oh he cleared that police car planting only one foot on the hood ! He's loosing the crowd ! He's by the police and across the street now !

Randyvious is moving like a tremendous machine.

Yes, because that's what Gods do. Did you want this story to be more believable for you ?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

reply to post by nv4711

Look out for a trap Randyvious !

Ahhh! instead of asking you, do you mean do I believe all of the page you linked ? Or just a part of it ? Or... Or can I delay for just a moment to make a point that really would show you why at the same time ?

I believe in the Creator God.

Now for me, look up the word God in a good dictionary. I believe what you are ultimately asking me is do I believe a supreme being could make the occurrence happen as it is described in the Bible ? So Randys answer must be yes !

Woops, and there he goes everyone the crowd is after him . He 's out the door now , now he's running out in front of our building here. the police are arriving, oh he cleared that police car planting only one foot on the hood ! He's loosing the crowd ! He's by the police and across the street now !

Randyvious is moving like a tremendous machine.

Yes, because that's what Gods do. Did you want this story to be more believable for you ?

I wasn't laying a trap, not sure what makes you think that. I was just curious to hear whether you agree with what they are saying or if you had a somewhat varied or completely different interpretation of the biblical account.
I understand that you're actually not interested in a discussion if it doesn't confirm your beliefs.

OK, the Flintstones is a documentary, God makes race horses when he has some downtime...... It all makes sense now. Hallelujah.

"If we go back to the beginning, we shall find that ignorance and fear created the gods; that fancy, enthusiasm, or deceit adorned them; that weakness worships them; that credulity preserves them and that custom, respect and tyranny support them in order to make the blindness of men serve their own interests. If the ignorance of nature gave birth to gods, the knowledge of nature is calculated to destroy them." -Baron D’Holbach (1723-1789)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

The first page ? Or read the whole E book ? Or.......................................... You're trying to get rid of me aren' t
you ?

" No world empire status civilization has ever been conquered from with out !
Before it has first destroyed itself from with in. "

Will Durrant

I don't know Cog. I'm afraid hours of deep thought on that one would produce nothing more than that from me. Tuff call ?

One thing it is for sure. Men, doing a social study on Man and publishing the results for all mankind.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

Ah come on ? I thought you might be trying to set me up, so I conveyed that to you hopefully in a comical way. And you didn't even like it ? I'm gonna have to do another thread now thankx. Let's see ? Why do people with a secular view seem to lack a sense of humor ?

Does not apply to AI.

Any way !

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I have a question for you randy, lets ignore all evidence and say for a moment that the bible is correct. Lets say there is a god and he dropped Adam and Eve on earth a few thousand years ago. What I would like to know is if we all trace back to Adam and Eve why are there so many different races of human on our planet?

We have black, white, oriental, Asian etc. how come they're so much variation if we all originate from the same two people? Could it be due to some form of let's say... Evolution?
edit on 29-10-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by GafferUK1981
reply to post by randyvs

I have a question for you randy, lets ignore all evidence and say for a moment that the bible is correct. Lets say there is a god and he dropped Adam and Eve on earth a few thousand years ago. What I would like to know is if we all trace back to Adam and Eve why are there so many different races of human on our planet?

We have black, white, oriental, Asian etc. how come they're so much variation if we all originate from the same two people? Could it be due to some form of let's say... Evolution?
edit on 29-10-2012 by GafferUK1981 because: (no reason given)

If I'm not mistaken, the standard answer for that from bible literalists is that the various races, cultures, and languages that exist on our planet came about because their god was mad that humanity tried to build a tower to reach heaven. That tower, the Tower of Babel, was an affront to their petty and jealous god, so he banished the once-unified race of humans to the various corners of the Earth and "confounded their speech," and one would then assume their races as well.

Granted, I consider that story to be a load of crap, but there you have it. If I'm wrong on this, and the explanation for racial diversity doesn't come from the story of the Tower of Babel, then maybe a Christian can correct me.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Koros

That's another ridiculous story in the Bible, are we meant to believe that primitive man with primitive methods could build a tower so high out of brick far larger than any of the heavily engineered skyscrapers we have today.

What baffles me is some morons will actually believe this story, I'm sure randy does. They'll disregard the facts that you couldn't build with brick so high without it collapsing under it's own weight and let's not forget that the workers would not even be able to breathe at such a great height.

I guess they could always say god helped them but why would god help them do something he didn't want doing?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
DNA is the true life form on Earth, we are just a vehicle for DNA. Everything we go through makes sense from a DNA point of view. And sex...Just say, my DNA made me do it.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Omniscience, recognizing that to be true to Self, and the definition of omnipresent that It must also exist inside of absolute non-existence. The thrust (kinetic energy) to "go there" is infinite mathematical division and subtraction (down and inward). This is the Singularity. Everything induced upon this Singularity is the source of infinite space and time. The reason to induce effects upon the one Singularity is to generate a relative infinite non-existence dimension that can be entered into, thus satisfying the self imposed requirement to ne omnipresent.

Omniscience uses proxies of consciousness to absorb awareness of nothingness from them.

Those proxies are all lifeforms in the Universe. All are tools, all are used.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Did Adam and Eve have a navel? (as in "belly button") Did Adam have testicles and produce semen? Did Eve have a uterus? If so, why? That wouldn't make any sense at all.

Randy? Enlighten me please.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join