It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Story Begins At Meadowcroft! (Havok's experience)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Nice shirt. Why do you want to arrest me?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Just don't go poking at stuff if you discover anything...context is everything and it's been a long haul to get the apparent age of Meadowcroft accepted.

Find anything...call the nearest university or government archaeologist, please, before any site is contaminated. But do have fun!

Thankfully I have some experience at a few excavating sites.
I have a few digs under my belt to say the least.
Just never went to school for that particular field.
Plus anything I find is usually on the top, not dug out.

I definitely will not tell anyone of my finds until I knew it would be in the right hands.
There's just too much risk and no reward if the site would get looted.
The land owner that found Meadowcroft did the same thing after finding the site.
He didn't tell anyone for years.
Scared of looters.

There are places to explore everywhere! Even in areas never thought of.
I have found artifacts in fields and the such, especially after farmers plow.
A long walk and a good eye can score numerous interesting items.
Heck, a good walk on a ocean beach can find a few million years old shark teeth.

Just have to have patience.

reply to post by MasonicFantom

Are you a Rothschild?
I believe the family has churned out numerous crimes against humanity.

o_O

edit on 17-10-2012 by havok because: clarity

posted on Jan, 23 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
To echo the appreciative posts for the "Virtual Field Trip" - truly magnificent and a model for sharing personal experience of the many known wonders out there. It's intensely interesting to debate ancient cultures and lost technologies, but I think its essential to balance this with exploration of actual documented history to keep us grounded and aware of what the historical "99%" endured as their day to day existence. Of course endured is probably to narrow and biased - a hellish existence having to kill and hunt with no iPad or broadband wifi Internet access to me would of course be enjoyable and preferable to many others, not to mention our peculiar lifestyles are an anomalous blip given the majority of earthly existence. :-)

But again, thanks for the awesome report and sharing of your experience. I always meant to visit the site while I lived in Morgantown, but of course never seemed to find the time and now much further away. Plenty here to explore - and in that I will offer my own sharing/suggestion: no matter where you find yourself, take the time to look around at all there is to visit and learn from, and share it with others. The web is the most amazing communication tool in history, and sharing with others is one of the grand traits that humans can be proud of, for you never know what inspiration, piece of the puzzle moving into place, or simple thrill of learning information and experience-sharing can be to others that otherwise may have never come across the knowledge, and what grows from that may ultimately benefit us all.

Thanks! :-)

posted on Jan, 24 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Thanks for making this thread

posted on Feb, 25 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Never heard of this place before, very cool. Thank you so much for sharing!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join