It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP! Age of Mythology Population Limit Removal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Hi All,

I have scoured Google searches high and low, trudged through forums wrought with pop up advertising and virus looking files and have STILL come up empty handed!

Does anyone know if in the Age of Empires game- Age of Mythology there is anyway whatsoever to remove population limits!?

I don't need it for online play or anything extra special, just an unlimited or even extended population limit as the current limit of 200 (some units take 2 population) is pretty lame and makes for basic game play.

Any help will be extremely appreciated!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

If you know how to code for games you can mod the information files that contain the rules.. Population limit is probably pretty hard to change.

Have you looked for any mods?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Yeah but can't find any for this particular game, they do exist for others but I think AOM is protected by a XOR...if that makes sense, not huge on the tech side!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Ok, I don't play the game but I can relay information about it... so I hope this makes sense.

Some relics and some god powers increase population (when you activate them on a town centre). But unless you create your own map with lots of town centres it won't do much. Typing PANDORAS BOX will give you god powers but in random types. It's the citadel god power.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
learn to mod mate

heres a freebie tho

aom.heavengames.com...

Take care

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Thanks for all the responses, truly appreciate them but none have resolved the issue.

I've now obtained Age of Kings which has quite a few mod packs available (man, I wish I had the time to learn how to game mod!) to increase population limit to 1000 which is what I'm after.

Playing it LAN'd up sucks with limited military as it provides for no battles you'd call epic.

All in all good game but there's no 'huge' map sizes in this one either which is another bummer.

AoK with population mod; pending success.

top topics

join