It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: 'I take responsibility' for Benghazi

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
There is no way that the WH didnt know previously what was happening and could see the potential outcomes. Now that it is halfway coming out in the wash, Hills made a shrewd move to not fall on her sword but feign it, and throw that spotlight right back on Obaba/Biden with her seemingly heroic act of accepting responsibility. WHY didnt they know. DO they not pay attention. Why didnt Patraeus talk to them, he did? WHy didnt they listen? Its all thrown right back in Obamas lap.. and Hills comes out smelling like a rose. Good play.

Hillary is quite possibly the most deviously intelligent person on the hill. Except Patraeus, of course.

edit on 16-10-2012 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrInquisitive

Last I checked this is a conspiracy site and most of us are trying to put our collective thoughts together and see what we come up with. Really has nothing to do with right and left to most of us but if you want to think that, go for it.

edit on 16-10-2012 by Tarzan the apeman. because: forgot a word in the statment

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
What interests me about this Hillary statement accepting responsibility for the Embassy incident is that the timing comes just a days prior to the Obama Romney debate and it is the national debate that I feel benefits Obama from the Hilliary act of falling on her sword for Obama.

If rumors of the Obama campaign of paying off Hillary's 08 campaign debts is true to get her to do this, then this whole event, incident and acceptance of responsibility has been staged and timed to allow Obama to use the Hillary failure to once again distance himself and his administration from the many lies generated by the Obama administration when the Embassy incident occurred.

In such a way, Obama can defer to Hillary and state that the matter has been properly taken care of, which of course Obama had nothing to do with because of course, he can do no wrong in his own deluded mind.

This is politics as usual, but the usual part is to deceive the public into thinking one thing when the truth is all together another.

Thanks for the thread.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elzon1
Take her away officer?

Why take responsibility if you aren't willing to accept the punishment?

What punishment? Why punishment ?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

You would do so much better I am sure. Fact Hillary is loved almost everywhere she goes. It is thought that she is doing a great job as Secy Of State. Just so you know, your opinion is no more important than anyone elses.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

God people, she has stated over and over again that she is retiring at the end of this year. We wont be seeing another Clinton ticket. (too bad really)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
It's just words though. Nothing will happen to her, no bad will come of it and she won't lose a moments sleep over it.

It's just noise.

Just like Reno took the blame for the children being killed in Waco nothing came of it she did not loose her job. But if this happened under a Republican there would be hell to pay and someone would of lost their job over it.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Another gem....

Obama bitten again....

Old Video re-kindled ..

In January 2010, President Obama addressed the nation with an update on the security review of the attempted terrorist attack and outlined the reforms and corrective actions he ordered. The President said, "I have repeatedly made it clear -- in public with the American people, and in private with my national security team -- that I will hold my staff, our agencies and the people in them accountable when they fail to perform their responsibilities at the highest levels ... Moreover, I am less interested in passing out blame than I am in learning from and correcting these mistakes to make us safer. For ultimately, the buck stops with me. As President, I have a solemn responsibility to protect our nation and our people. And when the system fails, it is my responsibility."

Obama After Underwear Bomber: 'Buck Stops With Me'

What was that about the video again ?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Politicians never go away, they just keep on running. We will never see the end of the Bill and Hillary, they like the limelight too much.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnlightenedJuan
A little bit of a time delay here, but at least Somebody took responsibility for it.

Who's going to take responsibility for the failed cover story of "Scary radical whacko Islam extremists driven into a killing frenzy over contrived Youtube 'viral' video?"

This all looks bad. First you have a cover story.....the video.....by a said member of a sect of christanity that even few chrstian know anything about who are currently have problems with muslims in Egypt.....and the guy is said to be a bad guy anyway and taken in on "unrelated" charges.

Then theres the dead guy.......and by god if anyone dosent think this guy could have been a "security risk" (knew to much) think again. Dead SEALS cant talk as well.

Word comes out later that protection was requested from those on the ground there.....but fell on deaf ears.

Lies were told about the nature of the attack and recanted apparently due to pressure.....otherwise.

Now SoS takes one for the team just before Obama goes live.....very tacky at any rate. Shows real fear....and folks can smell fear come election time. Not a very good move politcaly. Obama would have been better off just rolling with his story.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by solidguy

Bigger scandal than Watergate. Nobody died because of Watergate.

What is the "scandal"? It was an attack.

Some people want everything to be a conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Why are people surprised about her taking responsibility? She is the head of the State Department, and the responsibility for the security of embassies falls to the State Department.

I honestly don't think she has anything negative to take responsibility for, but she did the right thing and stood up and said that if you have problems with how anything was handled, talk to her, not Obama.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I will say this while she could be making this up just to look good but if she is really taking responsibly for what happened then she has more maturity then most politicians that just past the issue down the line

But like i said this could be a publicity thing so don't get your hopes up

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
Why are people surprised about her taking responsibility?

I don't think people are surprised she took responsibility just that it took so long for her to do so. Responsibility is something one takes at time the Oath of Office is administered. It is always there and implicit in every action she takes or in this case did not take. This also applies to the Blame shifter-in-Chief.

She is the head of the State Department, and the responsibility for the security of embassies falls to the State Department.

This is all true of course and Obama is her immediate supervisor and while he has delegated the his authority to Hillary to make the day to day decisions required to manage the State Department he does not in so doing absolve himself of his responsibility for ensuring the decisions she makes in his name do not negatively affect the image of the US abroad. It is might have been her decision but she had the responsibility to keep him informed on all decisions she makes that could possibly result in negative impact - like the deaths of our Ambassador. If you want people to believe that turning down heightened security at the Consulate in Libya after repetitive attacks and threats against the same did not get reported to the POTUS you are naive in the ways of government function.

I honestly don't think she has anything negative to take responsibility for, but she did the right thing and stood up and said that if you have problems with how anything was handled, talk to her, not Obama.

She is being a good leader - after the fact of course which is easy once you have run out of all other options like deflecting the blame elsewhere. However, her boss is being a crappy leader, which is not unexpected.

Two rules of leadership.

When things go well, you push forward your subordinates so that they can get proper credit for their work. I'd expect to hear - I can't take credit for killing OBL - the SEALS did that... However, what we hear is OBL is dead GM is alive. What a narcissist.

When things go poorly, you step in front of your subordinates and insulate them by accepting the blame for any things they did wrong. Obama as her boss should have said, I am the POTUS - the responsibility is mine! However, in true form as antithesis of a good leader he looks to blame his subordinates and claim he didn't know about it.

That's like saying I claim my own incompetence as a defense. My lack of ability to manage my departments correctly and lack of leadership experience lead to my failure to set up a good system of checks on the decisions my subordinates make in my name.

Obama would not pass his first year of ROTC - yet because he is good "eye candy" he is now the POTUS. Neato!

edit on 17/10/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17/10/2012 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
It's election time.... I'll let you surmise you own reasons.

As for mine, I suspect she will face nothing over it, and Obama will come out without involvement. It's not rocket surgery, Were it Romney's secretary of state, same thing.... don't you think?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
obviously the benghazi psyop went wrong and very very PUBLIC, so to appease said public, someone must take the 'fall' which involves no punishment and the collective memory won't remember last week sooo...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Neo...

This Administration is a disaster in foreign affairs. I don't care how much he tries to spin it in the debates. He lets a top secret drone get captured by Iran, Let's the Pakistanis keep part of the new top secret chopper from the OBL mission that gets sold to China. Keeps close ties with Saudi Arabia who support and fund certain groups apposed to he US.

Lets Egypt go down the crapper with not so much as an Adios to Mubarak, Waffles on Libya and now Syria...Never mind the present Israeli/Iran fiasco....

Meh...

NO MORE YEARS!

edit on 17-10-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Pppsshtt! She's not responsible unless she pulled the triggers. Clearly, she just announced she will never run for president again.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wait until her book comes out in a few short years...lol
Bill Clinton's been pretty quiet in this one, he's biting the Dems Election Bullet do ya think?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack
What interests me about this Hillary statement accepting responsibility for the Embassy incident is that the timing comes just a days prior to the Obama Romney debate and it is the national debate that I feel benefits Obama from the Hilliary act of falling on her sword for Obama.

If rumors of the Obama campaign of paying off Hillary's 08 campaign debts is true to get her to do this, then this whole event, incident and acceptance of responsibility has been staged and timed to allow Obama to use the Hillary failure to once again distance himself and his administration from the many lies generated by the Obama administration when the Embassy incident occurred.

In such a way, Obama can defer to Hillary and state that the matter has been properly taken care of, which of course Obama had nothing to do with because of course, he can do no wrong in his own deluded mind.

This is politics as usual, but the usual part is to deceive the public into thinking one thing when the truth is all together another.

Thanks for the thread.

Actually, Hillary said this in an interview with the Wall Street Urinal, but Murdoch's yellow rag chose not to publish it right away. This occurred more than a week ago. And given that this attack only happened a little over a month ago, it shouldn't be surprising that it took little while for information to be known and for the responsible parties to take responsibility for what happened. I have yet to hear anyone form the Bush II administration take responsibility for failing to heed the pre-9/11 warnings of an Al Queda terrorist attack on the US, or drawing the US into an illegal war against Iraq for false reasons, or for the craptastic job FEMA and the rest of the US government did in responding to Hurricane Katrina.

I've also yet to hear one of these Obama and/or Clinton haters/detractors state that they held the Bush administration to the same level of accountability on such matters as they hold the current administration for this much less significant event. And yes, compared to the 9/11 security/intelligence failure, the Benghazi attack is small potatoes. And I've been addressing this very issue in many a thread about the Benghazi attack, but the Obama detractors have to rise to address this question. Funny that...

I also love all the over-analysis of why Hillary accepted responsibility for the Benghazi incident. First the right-wingers were yammering how no one did take responsibility and that the Obama administration was to blame. Now that the head of the State Department is taking responsibility for it, these same folks are claiming that Hilary's decision to take responsibility is just political and that she is being forced to fall on her sword, etc. Clearly these people will not be satisfied with anything less that Obama resigning or losing the upcoming election. And good luck with both those possibilities, right-wing reactionaries.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join