It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: 'I take responsibility' for Benghazi

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Lima, Peru (CNN) -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the bucks stops with her when it comes to who is blame for a deadly assault on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi.

"I take responsibility" for what happened on September 11, Clinton said in an interview with CNN's Elise Labott soon after arriving in Lima, Peru for a visit. The interview, one of a series given to U.S. television networks Monday night, were the first she has given about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

www.cnn.com...

Clinton takes responsibility for Benghazi!

Anyone else buy this?

Just being reported.

I do not buy this for one second, I think all the pressure they needed a scapegoat. Not that I like Clinton.

But come on!

edit on 15-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
She should have said this on the day it happened...

Now that the smoke is clearing, she wants it on record that she is taking responsibility..

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Take her away officer?

Why take responsibility if you aren't willing to accept the punishment?

Silly political nonsense really.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I don't see Obama demanding her resignation, so it's still on him.

Nice try though.

Bigger scandal than Watergate. Nobody died because of Watergate.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Hmmm - interesting.

She could be falling on the sword now as it might be viewed better than running from it in light of a possible run for office down the road.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
well that is her job. she is secretary of state.

the diplomatic corps. and their safety falls to her.

its obamas fault for appointing a sub par secretary of state that is not taking her job seriously or failing that, does not possess the tactical and strategic insight and foresight required.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I doubt she'll be falling on her sword anytime soon despite this admission of responsibility.

Well, I'm also watching the movie "Serenity" at the moment too.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

"I want to avoid some kind of political gotcha," she added, noting that it is close to the election.

Exactly. Just trying to get situated as the smoke clears.

"We can't not engage," she said. "We cannot retreat."

This is how our secretary of state speaks? can't not... -.-
Anyway, I think her "taking responsibility" is different than Obama just deflecting or blaming anyone but himself.
Thinking from an Illuminate sort of worldview, it would be easy to suspect that this is the puppet master having a laugh at telling the audience the truth without any repercussions since the state is probably responsible at some level.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I'll have to call my mother to find out what she said, because I pretty much refuse to watch anymore interviews with her. Did she laugh while 'taking responsibility'? Like another poster implied, she should be in prison.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
And yet she starred in $56,000 worth of commercials denouncing that horrible film.
I'm sure we all forgot about that.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It a good thing. I can't remember the last time an elected official did something like this. I agree that it would have been better a few weeks ago, however, maybe it just underscores how fluid the entire thing has been from the incident to this point. Things unfold.

I think people can grasp that it's a region in constant turmoil and you are dealing with variables like questionable intelligence sources, local governments/police/strong men, terrorist organizations and the overall aftermath of the Arab Spring etc. That's a volatile mix for sure. Things are going to happen and I'm sure that anyone who works in the Foreign Service accepts that risk and danger is inevitable.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Yes, it's tough invading countries. There's just no order!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

"I take responsibility" for what happened on September 11, Clinton said in an interview with CNN's Elise Labott soon after arriving in Lima, Peru for a visit. The interview, one of a series given to U.S. television networks Monday night, were the first she has given about the attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi.

Look OUT !!

Obviously she has a hidden plan.

This miracle "responsibility" is part of the cover up.

The whole thing failed and now the "mop up" panic plan B is starting.

This is just part of the deflections and diversions

Watch for a new "blame" scapegoat to magically appear from "Above" to save face (again).

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Had she said it the day after I'd have respected/accepted that and moved-on to other issues.

Any delay just blew any credible statement she could have made on the matter.

I hope she isn't falling one her sword for Obama - he wouldn't for her.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I think she would have to take responsibility for it if there is a paper trail that shows the State Department knew about the reality of the situation before the murders and broke protocol by not informing the president.

Who knows? I'll bet now that even if she were to be found directly responsible for the murders nothing would happen to her. That gang right there, they're above the law.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Noncents because: Removed a CNN comment.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Clinton insisted President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are not involved in security decisions.

That sounds like a set up for the debate.

Romney will simply say it's no excuse for the lying anyway.

Still leaves questions about why the White House attempted the cover up in the first place.

They can't even keep the lies straight anymore

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Clinton insisted President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are not involved in security decisions.

...unless the security decisions turn out to be worthy of spiking a football, that is

Way to take one for the team. Hill .

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frogs
reply to post by neo96

Hmmm - interesting.

She could be falling on the sword now as it might be viewed better than running from it in light of a possible run for office down the road.

2016 is now officially all locked up for the Clinton co-presidency drive. Won't matter how the primarys are run nor counted.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Wait until 2016.
This will be spun as an incredibly selfless and heroic act.
She's going to use this to get on the ballot.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Just like in Watergate, its not about the level of the crime its about the lying and the coverup.

Only, in Watergate, no one died, unlike...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join