It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I feel sorry for Americans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger

Originally posted by webvida

I am from New Zealand, and the last time I checked I didn't see any aid coming from Amercia

PS: In an earlier thread I stated I was from New Zealand so please read all the posts before shooting your mouth off

Look, you obviously know nothing about the country YOU live in. in 1998 alon, .23% of all aid given out by america went to New Zeland. Hows that for shooting my mouth off? That was just 1998.
www.globallearningnj.org...

I dont care if you ment to insult me or not. Your insinuating that me and my fellow Americans are sheeple. THATS AN INSULT! Of course, I guess you would know sheep when you see one. After doing a little checking on you little Island of a country, it seems that wool is about the best thing going for it. Now go be a shepard and guard your flock.

[edit on 10/19/04 by Kidfinger]

That chart is about comparing the foreign aid of different countries and says US pays the smallest percentage of its GNP to foreign aid.

It _does not say_ NZ receives .23% of US aid , it _says_ NZ gives .23% of its GNP to foreign aid ! There are no percentages of countries on the receiving end on that page.

Dont forget that also, if you live ANYWHERE but UK or USA, your country has recieve aid in one form or another from the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!

Finland has got practically nothing, and Sweden hasn't probably got anything.

[edit on 20-10-2004 by vibetic]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Well there you go Kidfinger... and you were so sure of yourself

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
UMM,

Is anyone listening...?
I still have my hand out..

This poor poor underpriveledged American, still wants his dollar...
Anyone? Sweden? Switzerland? That place where Lamb comes from?

For just a dollar a day (each) I can be fed, get medical attention, and a six pack.
Not necessarily in that order..
C'mon, pony up, foreigners..!

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
UMM,

Is anyone listening...?

For just a dollar a day (each) I can be fed, get medical attention, and a six pack.

Please read the Initial Post.... I feel sorry for you becuase of your Political system, not your poverty...

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Too late to pity their political system...let�s just hope they get their sh*t togetger and give boot to bush..if that doesn�t happen we will be in some serious trouble and it�s beyond league then...like hitler..after he became elected f�hrer there was no going back..only total destruction of germany was available option...let�s hope this is not the case this time..

-ap

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
no matter what country one lives in, that rarified strata of wealth and priveledge affords a life of ease and luxury to those lucky enough to be there. in america there are people living in squalor, and in 3rd world countries a tiny few live the good life....

i think america is best for anyone seeking to be a business owner..... for the rest of the human race however, i think it's impossible to say. is it really so bad to live in europe, for those acclimated to the system there?
do ya think they know what they're missing?

[edit on 20-10-2004 by victor was right]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by victor was right
no matter what country one lives in, that rarified strata of wealth and priveledge affords a life of ease and luxury to those lucky enough to be there. in america there are people living in squalor, and in 3rd world countries a tiny few live the good life....

i think america is best for anyone seeking to be a business owner..... for the rest of the human race however, i think it's impossible to say. is it really so bad to live in europe, for those acclimated to the system there?
do ya think they know what they're missing?

You are exactly right; I am staying in Brasil at the moment and am fortunate enough to be in this "rarified strata" of wealth - thats the poblem the more poor the masses the less you need to be rich - it's crazy really, in New Zealand I am Mid class - here I am very well off - not crazy rich, but well enough to have maids and stuff, makes you lazy really....

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
UMM,

Is anyone listening...?

Please read the Initial Post.... I feel sorry for you becuase of your Political system, not your poverty...

It was metaphorical irony...
Reality is, most other countries want something FROM us...and it's not always money..

[Edited on 21-10-2004 by spacedoubt]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
usually it�s usa who want�s money from other countries..now when world�s economy is on the edge of economical disaster money loans to us will halt and that�s the point when us economy will collapse because it�s totally dependent of foreign loans..that�s mainly because your nations policy of "everybody needs a loan" and will work rest of their lives paying up ther 4wd chevy and little house in suburps...and that money must come from somewhere...
-ap

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Let me tell you a truth, most of the world's population, even seen in the third world, will die to protect their country and land.

why? because they think its the best place on earth and that's why others would want it.

I've seen Indians who have lived in the most decrepid, filthy places and horrible land say this. Quite an eye-opener

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Absolutely. The jealousy of Europe is a sight to behold,
isn't it?

If "we" are jealous then call me Humphrey 'coz thats not my real name

No we are sick and tired of having our PLANET overrun by a nation whos people are too deaf, dumb and blind to take any reponisbility for the actions of their government, but then again its not as if they even count your votes anymore...

Then.. as soon as we have voiced this opinion, we get these bind, dumb, deaf guys shouting A) You are wrong 'coz we are the best... one of those ipso facto arguments that has come to epitomize your lack of eloquence and semantic abilities B) deny the US had ever done anything exept act like the good smamaritan, but refuse to accept any historical evidence to the contrary and finally C) resort to name calling.

Then again i am just jealous...

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corinthas
Then again i am just jealous...

Yes, you are. Glad to see that you admit it.
Admitting your problem is the first step to recovery.
I'll be praying for you in the hopes that you fully
recover and that you move on to be a
productive and well balanced member of society.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
Let me tell you a truth, most of the world's population, even seen in the third world, will die to protect their country and land.

why? because they think its the best place on earth and that's why others would want it.

I've seen Indians who have lived in the most decrepid, filthy places and horrible land say this. Quite an eye-opener

thanks,
drfunk

you'r damn right, i will die to defend my country, even if the people think it's a jungle or something, a lot of people, not our army, the "people" die defending the country agains the last US invacion, we may not have moderns stuff or a big economy or even and "army", but we have our families and that's why we fight for an die for and we'll die againg if we have to

- jhery from dominican republic-

[edit on 22/10/04 by vertexc]

[edit on 22/10/04 by vertexc]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK

Nodoby's calling the US evil

The US is the way of the future?
In what way?
You all wonder why the US is so criticised, it's that higher than thou attitude ya'll have over the rest of the world.

No one seems to call it evil. They just imply it.

I should have been more specific with regards to the future. As I have mentioned a few times, I love that the US has so many different people from all over the world living in it. In my neighborhood here in LA, I have Arabs, South Americans, Europeans, etc, etc, etc. I like the fact that that my neighborhood is a snapshot of the world. ie. The world is getting smaller via technology and it feels good to have access to many different view points and life styles within walking distance of my place.

"Holier than thou attitude that "ya'll" have?"

Don't generalize. It is pretty insulting. I get sick and tired of people bashing the US for the sake of bashing the US. I always try to address wrongs that my Nation has done, but I will not tolerate people pushing buttons just to get a rise out of us.

Self-righteousness is one of my biggest pet-peeves and to hear people telling us how we are so wrong and how we should live is just as annoying as self-righteous Americans spouting off about how the US is the greatest.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst

Nodoby's calling the US evil

The US is the way of the future?
In what way?
You all wonder why the US is so criticised, it's that higher than thou attitude ya'll have over the rest of the world.

No one seems to call it evil. They just imply it.

I should have been more specific with regards to the future. As I have mentioned a few times, I love that the US has so many different people from all over the world living in it. In my neighborhood here in LA, I have Arabs, South Americans, Europeans, etc, etc, etc. I like the fact that that my neighborhood is a snapshot of the world. ie. The world is getting smaller via technology and it feels good to have access to many different view points and life styles within walking distance of my place.

"Holier than thou attitude that "ya'll" have?"

Don't generalize. It is pretty insulting. I get sick and tired of people bashing the US for the sake of bashing the US. I always try to address wrongs that my Nation has done, but I will not tolerate people pushing buttons just to get a rise out of us.

Self-righteousness is one of my biggest pet-peeves and to hear people telling us how we are so wrong and how we should live is just as annoying as self-righteous Americans spouting off about how the US is the greatest.

What do you expect when a country is such an influence and is so prominent in other countries politics and news (e.g. a Canadian friend tells me they get more news about the US than they do Canada)?
You can't have the biggest slice of the cake and not expect to get bashed for it.
It's like the rich privilaged kid in high school, if they flaunt it all the time they're gonna get criticized harder than the kid that does what he's supposed to do and keeps their mouth shut.
But instead of taking it personnaly maybe you should take a good look at what your government is doing. It's not for your benefit! Unless of course you belong to the ruling class. Your government is not your country and your country is not your government. YOU are your country my friend, take it back. Then maybe, maybe the US will have a future.

BTW how do you think the French feel?

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   

They can feel how they like... I don't think they really can be thought of as any better than anyone else - the only reason why they complained about the iraq invasion is due to the fact that they had some dirty little oil deals going with Saddam (just like the russians LOL).

I don't think they deserve the "freedom fries" childish crap, but they are not clean...

posted on Oct, 27 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   

They can feel how they like... I don't think they really can be thought of as any better than anyone else - the only reason why they complained about the iraq invasion is due to the fact that they had some dirty little oil deals going with Saddam (just like the russians LOL).

I don't think they deserve the "freedom fries" childish crap, but they are not clean...

Yes they are far from clean, that wasn't my point.
The U.S. needs to take the logs from it's own eyes....
Read the quote it refers too. (and yes I was generalizing, I know the poster didn't metion France...just making a point)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join