posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:22 PM
Why Mitt Romney is Unlikable
A lot is being said in the media about Mitt Romney not being "likable" or that he doesn't "relate well" to people. Frankly, we struggled to
understand why. So after much research, we have come up with a Top Ten List to explain this "unlikablility."
Top Ten Reasons To Dislike Mitt Romney:
1. Drop-dead, collar-ad handsome with gracious, statesmanlike aura. Looks like every central casting's #1 choice for Commander-in-Chief.
2. Been married to ONE woman his entire life, and has been faithful to her, including through her bouts with breast cancer and MS.
3. No scandals or skeletons in his closet. (How boring is that?)
4. Can't speak in a fake, southern, "black preacher voice" when necessary.
5. Highly intelligent. Graduated cum laude from both Harvard Law School and Harvard Business School...and by the way, his academic records are NOT
6. Doesn't smoke or drink alcohol, and has never done drugs, not even in the counter-culture age when he went to college. Too square for today's
7. Represents an America of "yesterday", where people believed in God, went to Church, didn't screw around, worked hard, and became a SUCCESS!
8. Has a family of five great sons....and none of them have police records or are in drug rehab. But of course, they were raised by a stay-at-home
mom, and that "choice" deserves America's scorn.
9. Oh yes.....he's a MORMON. We need to be very afraid of that very strange religion that teaches its members to be clean-living, patriotic, fiscally
conservative, charitable, self-reliant, and honest.
10. And one more point.....pundits say because of his wealth, he can't relate to ordinary Americans. I guess that's because he made that money
HIMSELF.....as opposed to marrying it or inheriting it from Dad. Apparently, he didn't understand that actually working at a job and earning your own
money made you un-relatable to Americans.
My goodness, it's a strange world, isn't it?
His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney
He was Born: March 12, 1947 and is 65 years old.
His Father: George W. Romney, former Governor
of the State of Michigan
He was raised in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
He is Married to Ann Romney since 1969; they five children.
B.A. from Brigham Young University,
J.D. and M.B.A. from Harvard University
Mormon - The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-Day Saints
After high school, he spent 30 months in France as a
After going to both Harvard Business School and
Harvard Law School simultaneously, he passed the Michigan
bar exam, but never worked as an attorney.
In 1984, he co-founded Bain Capital a private equity
investment firm, one of the largest such firms in the
In 1994, he ran for Senator of Massachusetts and lost
to Ted Kennedy.
He was President and CEO of the 2002 Winter Olympic
In 2002, he was elected Governor of the State of
Massachusetts where he eliminated a 1.5 billion deficit.
Some Interesting Facts about Romney:
Bain Capital, starting with one small office supply store
in Massachusetts, turned it into Staples; now over
2,000 stores employing 90,000 people.
Bain Capital also worked to perform the same kinds
of business miracles again and again, with companies
like Domino's, Sealy, Brookstone, Weather Channel,
Burger King, Warner Music Group, Dollarama,
Home Depot Supply and many others.
He was an unpaid volunteer campaign worker for
his dad's gubernatorial campaign 1 year.
He was an unpaid intern in his dad's governor's
office for eight years.
He was an unpaid bishop and state president of
his church for ten years.
He was an unpaid President of the Salt Lake
Olympic Committee for three years.
He took no salary and was the unpaid Governor of
Massachusetts for four years.
He gave his entire inheritance from his father to charity.
Mitt Romney is one of the wealthiest self-made men
in our country but has given more back to its citizens
in terms of money, service and time than most men.
And in 2011 Mitt Romney gave over $4 million to charity,
almost 19% of his income.... Just for comparison purposes,
Obama gave 1% and Joe Biden gave $300 or .0013%.
Mitt Romney is Trustworthy:
He will show us his birth certificate
He will show us his high school and college transcripts.
He will show us his social security card.
He will show us his law degree.
He will show us his draft notice.
He will show us his medical records.
He will show us his income tax records.
He will show us he has nothing to hide.
Mitt Romney's background, experience and
trustworthiness show him to be a great leader and
an excellent citizen for President of the United States.
You may think that Romney may not be the best
representative the Republicans could have selected.
At least I know what religion he is, and that he won't
desecrate the flag, bow down to foreign powers,
or practice fiscal irresponsibility.
I know he has the ability to turn this financial debacle
that the current regime has gotten us into. We won't
like all the things necessary to recover from this
debt, but someone with Romney's background can do it.
But, on the minus side, he never was a "Community
Organizer", never took drugs or smoked pot, never
got drunk, did not associate with communists
or terrorists, nor did he attend a church whose pastor
called for God to damn the US.