It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are The British So Bad At Washing Their Hands?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

lol

I see your point, I think I read before something about that hand stuff being dodgy with the chemicals etc.. I would never put it on my sons hands and I let him get dirty and germy lol, that father sounds a bit obsessive I aint that bad, although I did consider that I got OCD about washing my hands lol.

I might read up on that hand wash stuff, dont know whats in it etc... been putting that on my hands for months.

After touching this keyboard I'm off to wash me hands.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by GrimReaper86

Oh man I hate it when sinks are like that. For some reason many of the snootier folks I know have those stupid sinks. I'd still wash with the scalding water if I'd been wiping my bum.

I must admit I'm fairly surprised so many people only casually wash their hands after defecating. I'm all for not being a prissy clean freak but to me that just seems wrong. I mean one wipe and guaranteed you have a ton of fecal matter on your hands. It's like not closing the toilet lid and leaving your toothbrush on the counter. Poop particles EVERYWHERE.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by GrimReaper86

It's like not closing the toilet lid and leaving your toothbrush on the counter. Poop particles EVERYWHERE.

But that's just it isn't it.. Everywhere..
If you smell something it's literally in your nose..
Fun to think about huh?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

L
L i always wash hands after using a public facility but not a home unless the t-paper breaks

that said if i do have to do #2 in a public i look for the driest toilet and use up half a roll covering the ring up

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I've recently picked up better hand washing after that first surgery this year, and beefed it up more after someone I know who's a nurse told me it could have contributed to my bad kidneys. I don't know how true that last bit is but is doesn't sound outlandish.
It's a shame this is what it took for me to finally get it together. I hate to admit this....but before all this the only times I washed my hands in a public restroom was when there was someone else in there. Being paranoid by nature I always assume all people are like the OP and will automatically notice/judge me for not doing it.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad
If you smell something it's literally in your nose..

I have a daughter who is almost obsessive about washing EVERYTHING and I'm always pointing out that the air we ALL breathe contains particles of -
DOG POO !!!!
BIRD POO
HUMAN POO
COW POO
HORSE POO
VOMIT PARTICLES left on the street by the saturday night drunks.

The stuff on our hands is minor compared to what we breath every day of our lives.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I'm really starting to have regrets about authoring this thread.

I just Saw (ucwhatididthere?) this and felt it was lightly related.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join