It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone watching bbc conspiracy road trip? Area 51

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This is quite a strange program, some proper weirdos on it. But one fascinating thing they just mentioned that I had never heard before, was a story abut Roswell, from someone who claims to know many ex area 51 employees. She claimed that the dsc that landed at Roswell was a disc flown over with Russian pilots who were intentially deformed to make them look like aliens. Apparently the disc was flown over by another plane and dropped in the dessert.

It was the weirdest story I had ever heard, has anyone heard this story before.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
YEP!...I remember when I had my first beer!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Did they said her name and where she lives ? Roswell is filled with weirdos tho. Looking forward to see this road trip.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
This is quite a strange program, some proper weirdos on it. But one fascinating thing they just mentioned that I had never heard before, was a story abut Roswell, from someone who claims to know many ex area 51 employees. She claimed that the dsc that landed at Roswell was a disc flown over with Russian pilots who were intentially deformed to make them look like aliens. Apparently the disc was flown over by another plane and dropped in the dessert.

It was the weirdest story I had ever heard, has anyone heard this story before.

Lordy, lordy, lordy!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
This has got to be the most biased show ever.The presenter said he is trying to change their minds at least twice.
I had to laugh when the guy made a tinfoil hat,he wears it under his hat to go shopping.
The bit that annoyed me was when the presenter stopped the lie detector test for the woman's 'own good',his excuse was that he didn't want to shatter her beliefs.More like he didn't want to shatter his own beliefs,truly a bigot.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well on some of the other Roswell posts, on ATS, Russians and midgets have been mentioned, so maybe deformed people is not so much of a stretch.

Although what plane could have been used and how it would have been attached is a puzzle.

Still, after how many years is it? Nice to see new ideas pop up.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I watched the full show but I thought the presentation of it was awful. From the description about the program it appeared it was going to be a show which was 'straight down the line' but instead it was like the presenter berated the people for their ideas and opinions. Albeit some of the people on the road trip did appear to make up strange stories at the end of the day if you are going to make this sort of a program you have to be totally neutral. I bet when these guys and girls watch the program they will be angry at how much the presenter has ridiculed them.

Also two key features of the show were John Lear and Annie Jacobsen. Lear is an interesting character and that is all I will say in regards to him. Jacobsen really infuriates me. It's like she's discrediting all the investigation work which has been carried out in regards to the Roswell incident in 1947. Please, someone explain to me why researchers would interview 600 witnesses and counting who all had some part to play in the story if nothing extraordinary happened? Surely 600 plus people cannot be telling porkies.

I find Jacobsen's informant either misinformed and or they do not even exist. Now I expect people to ask me for proof that Roswell did happen. I cannot provide that. What I can provide is witness testimony, proof the government lied and spread disinformation in order to cover-up what happened and that something did crash on the ranch in July 1947. Anyone who is still on the fence about this specific case check out the Witness to Roswell book. It is mind-blowing.

I am an open-minded person but when these sorts of TV program's are aired it frustrates me a lot because it discredits Ufology and those cases which have implications for the 7 billion plus people around the world.

One day the truth about Roswell will come out. Hopefully in my lifetime.
edit on 15-10-2012 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Its a claim from the book Area 51; An Uncensored History of America's Top Secret Military Base by Annie Jacobsen and is an unsubstantiated claim based in fantasy

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfessorT
still

The truth has been on the table since 1947! But since the truth does not include a UFO crash, it is ignored by the gullible who like their fantasies untouched. The Roswell fantasy was created in late 1970s, early 1980s by money-grubbing "investigators" such as Stanton Friedman.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike

Originally posted by ProfessorT
still

The truth has been on the table since 1947! But since the truth does not include a UFO crash, it is ignored by the gullible who like their fantasies untouched. The Roswell fantasy was created in late 1970s, early 1980s by money-grubbing "investigators" such as Stanton Friedman.

Actually, the 'fantasy' was created in 1947 when it was headline news in the press, but then retracted shortly afterwards.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
John Lear, what a joke! They give him 30 seconds and obviously edited it to make him look like a sad old nutter.

I know he is, but even so....such a bias program and wasting licence fee payers money on this rubbish is just insulting to everyone.

This series is designed to discredit the conspiracy theorist and has little to do with the subject matter itself.

Gearing up for the next 9/11 perhaps and diffusing the finger pointers before the event and creating an even more dumbed down mindset?

The BBC need to be taken down permenantly.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
this show is stupid, iv'e watched 3 episodes so far.as far as i can tell, it;s just some has been comedien that no body has heard of talking down to half-witted fruit cake's.

he's patronizing to the point where i want to punch his nose back into a normal shape.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I heard of the Russian saucer landing in Roswell story.
Since Russia and US were still developing and flying saucers at that time I don't
think they came to any landing exchange agreements.
However I think we do share originating documents for building anything from Tesla.

edit on 10/15/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I cannot remember the name of this documentary (or find it - I own it on DVD...somewhere...) but this guy claims to have had access to a bunch of very secret stuff by way of a government job editing documents some how (you would have to watch it for anything more specific, I cannot remember), and that he stumbled upon some documents about Roswell and Japanese war balloons. His take is very convincing and accounts for many, many of the bits and pieces of the Roswell incident. And he has a few documents if I recall.

However, it would also be a GREAT opportunity for a graphic design project... I dunno. Very interesting regardless.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Just watched this show and I found it quite interesting. I don't think the presenter Andrew Maxwell was being too patronising as mentioned above - he was just being Irish - Nevertheless if you take him out of the equasion, the stories of the trippers are food for thought, particularly Brigette. It was very interesting towards the end when they spotted and filmed military flares above Area 51, followed by what they all described as a sonic boom, interesting because there were no aircraft present. It did sound like the sonic booms I've heard in the past from Concorde aircraft but diluted obviously through the medium of television and microphones. Worth a watch anyway, no harm done.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Yes. I heard this before...about a year or so back. On here as well I think.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Hi Guys I'm new here but I do have some very interestign info on one of the people who featured in that show.

I live in Brentwood London and I know Franky Ma quite well. She was the little annoying well spoken person on the programme. Well funnily enough she knows my mate Danny and he knows her better than I do, and guess what...
She is a dabbler into narcotics and smokes alot of weed. How do I know this well alot of my friends know her and smoke with her and she has told them only this past weekend gone, that her 'vision' was probably due to smoking too much weed because she said she had an hour before.

So not being funny but this has to be a concern to the credibility of her story doesn't it? I mean I can understand if it was around other people when she says she had thsi vision but she wasn't so there is nothing to back it up with.

I don't see what her purpose was on the show to be fair and I have told her this. She has been on tow radio shows moaning about the BBC and saying this show was part of a cult, but come on love get a grip what did you actually contribute to it???

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Excuse the spelling there, my S3 is #e for typing quick...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Yes I watched this last night on BBC 3, and I knew what to expect because they was a similar program on last week with the same guy leading the bus, regarding religion and conspiracies in general that time around.

This show is nothing more than a kick in the teeth to everyone who has ever researched UFO's & Aliens, be it fact or myth. Forget BBC trying to debunk some of these believers, they were down-right taking the p**s out of them and thought it would make great TV!

Appalled to say the least.

new topics

top topics

join