It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fairy Circles or Mushrooms? (Pics)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I was on ATS a few years back and there were no women on here...now there are tons...of drop dead gorgeous avatars haha...that means you OP....anyhow...
The fairy circles...are just caused by the way the fungus grows...and anything in nature that looks "unnatural" like a circle of mushrooms is going to generate speculations that a supernatural force caused it to happen...

Like pots of gold being at the end of the rainbow...for instance...

Now all that being said....the funny thing is this...

Almost every continent has stories in folklore about "little people"...its not just the Irish with leprechauns. The native Americans also have similar stories about little tricksters...nasty little ones in fact, so do the Eskimos...and all European countries and some Asian countries too...weather its trolls...gnomes... fairies...goblins etc..etc...etc...

So knowing all this... don't be too surprised if the fairies really do exist....

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Mushrooms grow where other things die. It looks like there growing around a septic tank, sorry debunked.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by greenfox83

With a whole internet to explore and use to educate yourself...you ought to know so called "fairie circles" are indeed real things...not necessarily the fairies but those circles are naturally occurring things. Dont take my word for it...look it up...seriously..."debunked"....

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Cool pics! Clearly the physiology of mushrooms has already been discussed, so I'll just say...

I love mushrooms! One of my favorite form of exercise is to go mushroom foraging near my house. I've found morels, oysters, chanterelles (orange, black and white), and last season I stumbled into a "fairy circle" of hedgehog mushrooms. It was amazing! A solid fifteen foot circle of hedgehog mushrooms around tree. It took me thirty minutes to pick them. It was amazingly rewarding in so many way! Thanks for reminding me of that day.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenfox83
Mushrooms grow where other things die. It looks like there growing around a septic tank, sorry debunked.

If things are dying consistently near your septic tank, I think it may behoove you to get it pumped. Or perhaps change your diet.

Never seen mushrooms grow in this pattern personally, but I remember when I was a kid the place we kept the horses had a TON of mushrooms in certain spots. I loved timing the stride so a hoof would hit the bigger ones and make them 'explode'. A few passes and flying lead changes later, whatever horse I was on and I conquered those alien #####.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by greenfox83

What!!! You're saying you've debunked this base on what it looks like? Not a wisp of conformation on what it is, just...What it looks like. Where I come from you would merely have a possible explanation nothing more!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Very cool pictures!I can't say I've ever seen mushrooms grow in a ring like that.As for the type of mushroom in the picture,I can't tell.The mushrooms could be an edible field mushroom.BUT I WOULD ASSUME THAT THEY ARE POISONOUS. Based off the picture they look very much like the so called "Death Angel" mushroom.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
One quick note, there is not a septic tank NEAR the mushrooms. This is on a front piece of land, as where the septic tank is SEVERAL acres back.

I can't wait to check them out again in a few days, I am interested in seeing if they grow.

I read sometimes circles get so large, that they may intertwine.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlackHat
I was on ATS a few years back and there were no women on here...now there are tons...of drop dead gorgeous avatars haha...that means you OP....anyhow...
The fairy circles...are just caused by the way the fungus grows...and anything in nature that looks "unnatural" like a circle of mushrooms is going to generate speculations that a supernatural force caused it to happen...

Like pots of gold being at the end of the rainbow...for instance...

Now all that being said....the funny thing is this...

Almost every continent has stories in folklore about "little people"...its not just the Irish with leprechauns. The native Americans also have similar stories about little tricksters...nasty little ones in fact, so do the Eskimos...and all European countries and some Asian countries too...weather its trolls...gnomes... fairies...goblins etc..etc...etc...

So knowing all this... don't be too surprised if the fairies really do exist....

LOL...this was great post...funny..insightful...would have never found my way to ATS...and perhaps enlightenment had it not been for a special man....I do find this thread facinating because my logical mind knows fairies are silly....none the less they seem to inspire me on some level?

I do think perhaps stories and folklore are worth more consideration,,,who knows?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I believe that all fantasy mythology and lore has some basis in reality.

Just MO.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Fairies don't live in the US silly. Definitely organic, and pretty cool. Good thing you snapped some photos of them. I remember reading about or seeing some circles that were thought to be UFO related, but it turned out it had something to do with a bacteria, or mold, or something, basically something from earth. But I never see things like this, and I doubt others do very much either, but they may be relatively common, since it is organic.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
You should dig n the circles n see what the treasure is

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I am from Namibia and can confirm that these circles in the desert are weird and actually quite awe inspiring, especially when you are standing inside one of them, they just seem so otherworldly and strange!
The "Fairy Circles" are wonderful, thanks to the OP for going to the trouble of photographing and posting the pics for us all to see!

To GreenFox83: Septic Tanks? Yeah Right! Hahahaha!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   
For almost half a century I have grown up with faerie rings. I don't know whether it's because I grew up in the countryside, lived alongside a golf course or what. But for all our fellow Americans, these faerie rings are a common occurence over here in the uk.

As to septic tanks....pleeeease!

I would like to throw 2 things at this as out of the box food for thought.

1. the 'veil' between us and other worlds is getting thinner, so whether these are symbolically some how a more physical sign of this who knows.

2. I live in what could be termed an urban area, however it is very woody. As you have probably already gathered I have grown up recognising and being aware of 'signs' mother nature throws at us, and in turn feel very connected to these things. Now, my garden, since I have lived here, has proliferated its growth of foxgloves (also associated with fairies). They are well over 5 foot tall, some 6 foot. None of the other gardens around here have them, not even the more unkempt and unrully gardens. My neighbours are fascinated as to why they haven't got them. Add to this my very small front garden has always had mushrooms growing in it. My son was the first to spot quite a few mushrooms growing on a grassy patch on the corner of our cul de sac, his comment was..."do you think there are more mushrooms because of all the chemtrailing? I've noticed more in the open grounds of the wooded parks too." I have to say it is plausable.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger
reply to post by NaeBabii

pinch the stalks
if they turn blue
look up terrence mckenna on youtube

That's extremely bad advice.

Many deadly poisonous mushrooms turn blue when pinched (red spored bolete comes to mind). There's more criterion than just turning blue.

As for the fairy rings: It is hard to tell without the OP getting a spore print (cut a cap off the stalk and place on a piece of white paper overnight under a bowl) and more information but they look like Chlorophyllum molybdites to me. Which get quite big and are highly poisonous. If they are molybdites, the older ones would have green gills if you don't want to touch them to get a print.

They could also be Agrocybes which are high edible.

Again a spore sprint or some designation of gill and spores on the stalk color would clear it up. Green bad....brown maybe good. Would need further research to be positive to give an ID over the internet.

Hopes this helps out OP.

edit on 16-10-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
You should dig n the circles n see what the treasure is

NO!!!!

You will kill the mycelium that has been growing for years/decades/centuries.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Very interesting. I noticed the grass is healthier where the shrooms appear, meaning it's likely there is some kind of organic matter underneath, perhaps an old tree that was cut down centuries ago.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

Different mushrooms have different effects on the ground underneath. This mushroom is producing a nutrient that the grass likes. Thus the lusher green. Other types of mushrooms do damage to grass and cause it to turn brown. While others seem to not affect the grass at all. And even while others create a symbiotic relationship with grass.

A wonderful world mycology eh? Without fungus, we'd be up to our armpits in literal sh*t and dead things.

edit on 16-10-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
That is just......WOW!!!!!

Never seen anything like it and had no idea it was even possible. Thanks for taking time out of your day to stop and take pics of them OP. S+F.

I wish I could see those in person, I just love nature and all it has to offer!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   
very cool! 'tis been a while since i gandered ye olde fairie ring!

the celts believed that this is where the fea folk would gather the night before to do
what the wee folk do!
in the morning all that would be left of their gathering would be a circle of mushrooms.
this circle was thought to be a place of magick,and was to be left alone at all cost,
lest you get trapped in the fearie realm( in the fearie realm,you think your only gone for 1 day,
but in reality,you have been gone for a year or more!)
many celtic tales speak of these fearie rings.
nice find,thanx!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join