It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believers in after life, why do the MAJORITY of people who survived clinical death not experience a

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Sorry if this is similar to my last post but I wasn't getting the answers I wanted because I think many people MISUNDERSTOOD what I said. They thought I was asking "Why doesn't everyone have a NDE?" What I meant was...why do MANY MANY people who "died" and brought back to life have a near death experience? Most who have been clinically dead experience NOTHING.

I already know the scientific explanation that they believe it is '___' or some other chemical that causes this so it affects everyone differently. What I don't know is a logical believer's explanation that convinces me.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Oops typo! I meant why do many many people who "die" NOT experience NDE?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chelle21689

What I meant was...why do MANY MANY people who "died" and brought back to life have a near death experience? Most who have been clinically dead experience NOTHING.

Can you rephrase this one. I am seeing you are saying many who have died, then you say clinically dead. I am sort of confused.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by chelle21689

The same can be said, as why people whom are alive, don't remember themselves leaving their own body. Many choose what memories to keep and what not to keep for various reasons. I know many choose not to keep, because seeing the other side, and having to live here, would cause them not to want to come back.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Perhaps they simply don't recall the NDE? Or perhaps their brains hadn't "died" enough?

The fact is, no one knows what happens when we die. If believing that an NDE is proof positive of an afterlife, and that belief is comforting, then what's wrong with it? Conversely, if believing that death is the end comforts you, then so be it.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Nothing is wrong with it other than if we rely on it to be proof of an after life and scientist one day test that it is merely chemicals then we are proven wrong. I admit I want so badly to believe in an after life but I have so many questions about NDE. I'm not necessarily afraid to die very old but afraid to die young not living my life. I'm also afraid for others I care for not having the opportunity to live life to the max.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I think that not everyone experiences something during near death experiences because they are not ready, they are not aware of it, and when its time to let go, they fight it, and therefore experience nothing. It requires a certain amount of surrender, and the ability to let go in order to have these experiences. Often a near death experience is enough to make it happen, but I think some of us are so ego controlled that we always give into our fear even when faced with death. I think the people that do have near death experiences are the one that accept the fact that they are going to die, and they let go of their fear of it, which is when the experience then occurs. The brain releases '___', the chakras start spinning fully, and all the spiritual gears run in harmony. Then they are brought back to life, and suddenly realize the spiritual side of life.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76

The same can be said, as why people whom are alive, don't remember themselves leaving their own body. Many choose what memories to keep and what not to keep for various reasons. I know many choose not to keep, because seeing the other side, and having to live here, would cause them not to want to come back.

That is actually a pretty good answer. But most who have died that do remember just look forward to death or is at peace with it and just continue to live life with their loved ones.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm confused with the part where you mentioned that people don't remember leaving their bodies? O.o

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I'm confused with the part where you mentioned that people don't remember leaving their bodies? O.o

That is for another thread. Many leave the body without knowing it. They think they are having dreams of being other places, but actually leave the body and is actually somewhere else.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
It's the real deal. I know from first and second hand experience. Why do so many hospice patients speak to or aknowledge persons that are not present in the room?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Why don't the majority of people alive have a spiritual awakening through meditation? Because such a thing is rare, just like with near death experiences.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by onthedownlow

I actually found a bunch of stories from hospice nurse believing the dead greet the dying. Some of their stories are convincing and unexplainable such as more than one patient reporting the same type of person without acknowledging each other. If I could find the link I'll message it to you or post it on here.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Same reason the MAJORITY of people can't remember their dreams.

They all dream. Everyone does, but most people never recall them.
edit on 15-10-2012 by PassiveObserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Sorry if this is similar to my last post but I wasn't getting the answers I wanted because I think many people MISUNDERSTOOD what I said. They thought I was asking "Why doesn't everyone have a NDE?" What I meant was...why do MANY MANY people who "died" and brought back to life have (sic: shouldn't you have the word "never" in there?) a near death experience? Most who have been clinically dead experience NOTHING.

That's a very definitive statement. What evidence do you have of this? What studies can you cite? How many people actually have been declared clinically dead in any given period of time? Is there any evidence that people who may have experienced an NDE simply don;t talk about it? Why would they not mention it, do you think? Were they never asked, perhaps? Of the doctors and other medical personnel who attended somoene who was declared clinically dead, how many are awre of the subject> Were there any protocols in place to test this out, e.g. symbols on the top of equipment that could not be seen unless you were floating above them?

Your contention may very well be true, but you provide ZERO evidence as to how many people have been declared clincically dead and ZERO evidence as to what percentage have experienced NDEs. So is this just your opinion, or is this all you've got?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
My NDE was very real, but like so may people say pictures or it didn't happen. My experience was life changing I have no proof and I don't care who believes it. It was for me and I think it was for me to change my life and the path I was heading down . Many people tell me I have changed and I have, Ive tried to tell a few people but they looked at me like I was stupid or lost my mind, but the ones who haven't had a NDE wouldn't understand. You would have to have one or you'll never understand.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Because your spirit does not die when your body dies.
When your body dies and you are buried in a grave, what you call the after life begins with your spirit leaving your body after your body decomposes and travels from there to the surface by using water.
Your spirit might not travel for several months while waiting for water. In certain climates it might take years. Then when your spirit reaches the surface there are many many ways for your spirit to travel. Similar to a plant or tree growing from seed.
Also there are ways your spirit can leave your body before your body dies which happens quite a lot.

The same is also the case for being buried at sea but unfortunately not ashes sitting on a mantle piece.

Pope John Paul II was put in a coffin which was cased in lead because they are aware of those facts.
Not a very nice thing to do when you think about it but little did they know, the spirit had already left the body.
edit on 15-10-2012 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PassiveObserver
Same reason the MAJORITY of people can't remember their dreams.

They all dream. Everyone does, but most people never recall them.
edit on 15-10-2012 by PassiveObserver because: (no reason given)

pardon my tone but if you're relating it to a dream then I feel it kind of goes against the belief of NDE being real because it's like basically saying it was all in your brain lol.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Sorry if this is similar to my last post but I wasn't getting the answers I wanted because I think many people MISUNDERSTOOD what I said. They thought I was asking "Why doesn't everyone have a NDE?" What I meant was...why do MANY MANY people who "died" and brought back to life have (sic: shouldn't you have the word "never" in there?) a near death experience? Most who have been clinically dead experience NOTHING.

That's a very definitive statement. What evidence do you have of this? What studies can you cite? How many people actually have been declared clinically dead in any given period of time? Is there any evidence that people who may have experienced an NDE simply don;t talk about it? Why would they not mention it, do you think? Were they never asked, perhaps? Of the doctors and other medical personnel who attended somoene who was declared clinically dead, how many are awre of the subject> Were there any protocols in place to test this out, e.g. symbols on the top of equipment that could not be seen unless you were floating above them?

Your contention may very well be true, but you provide ZERO evidence as to how many people have been declared clincically dead and ZERO evidence as to what percentage have experienced NDEs. So is this just your opinion, or is this all you've got?

GOOGLE it..there is evidence. I will try to search for the site I have read on this on MULTIPLE ones.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by chelle21689

Well, I have had the NDE experience, and know others who have, but then I also know those who have not, even though clinically dead. I think it has to do with two factors:
Soul/Spirit "age," new Should do not have such experiences, as they must not know what lies before them. For older, more evolved Spirits, it does not matter, for most already know about the Afterlife anyway.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join