It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Smoke-ring' UFOs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Spurred by another thread, I was looking at a collection of classic UFO photos. There was one that caught my eye, because I had recently seen another similar one on another site, the main Danish UFO site.

Here's the 'classic' pic from Fort Belvoir, Virginia, USA, 1957, www.ufocasebook.com...:

Here's the new pic from Prato, Toscana, Italy on June 16 juni 2012 at 21:19:02 hours. Shot with a 105mm tele lens, from www.sufoi.dk...

The guy who reported it says that his family has often witnessed 'strange' phenomena at night, in the same area, this was the first one witnessed at daylight. The ring has been seen 3-4 times. It moves slowly in a horizontal direction, but speeds up somewhat and goes from the same directiong that it comes! (According to the witness).

The pic is shot in the part of the city called Coiano, looking across the spent volcanoes Monte Ferrato. Looking from Prato towards Pistoia. Google gave me this, when I searched for Monte Ferrato (no UFO in this pic):

The SUFOI reporter suggests that it's a smoke ring from a chimney or an other outlet, but admits that it's in an odd place.

My first impression was that it was a piece of dust on the lens, but I'm not sure that's the case, after all.

So, is this a smoke ring guys ?
Or what are we looking at? And are the two pics related? Do we have any ATSers from Prato who have seen strange 'smoke rings' in the sky?

edit on 15-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: correction

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Search onvi ring google video,

www.google.co.uk...=en&gs_nf=3&ds=yt&pq=omni%20ring&cp=4&gs_id=1n&xhr=t&q=onvi+ring&pf= p&sclient=tablet-gws&client=safari&tbo=d&biw=768&bih=878&tbm=vid&oq=onvi+ring&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=1c8c4b04333ac89&bpcl=35277026

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
well, it sure is very odd to see a smoke ring so high in the sky without vanishing away with the wind and all...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Hah, I didn't even search, I thought I would have heard about it before, sorry

I couldn't make the link work, but I found a Youtube playlist, I see there's a bit to look into!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ScientificUAPer

I like your name, including UAP. This is more in the category of UAP than UFO.
I can confirm the one in Virginia is a vortex ring.
I can't confirm the other photos, and I can't even see the ring in one of them.

But here is a good article on ring shaped vortices, with lots of photos of examples:

Ring-shaped vortices

They undoubtedly rank amongst the most eccentric sky phenomena on the planet: the metres-wide rings of vapour or smoke that can be seen floating through the air on occasion.

The physics behind these "vortex rings" is very complex....

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

Thanks, and yes, I prefer to deal with phenomena that can be identified by several witnesses and perhaps be recorded somehow. The air is the perfect medium, and the closest to space
And I love airplanes and the idea of controlled flight. And I'm at ATS because I'm mostly interested in what can be documented but perhaps not explained so easily

"I can confirm the one in Virginia is a vortex ring."
Ok, thanks! These rings were new to me.

"I can't confirm the other photos, and I can't even see the ring in one of them."
There is no vortex ring on the landscape photo
I edited my post and added the caution!

But here is a good article on ring shaped vortices, with lots of photos of examples"

Ring-shaped vortices

They undoubtedly rank amongst the most eccentric sky phenomena on the planet: the metres-wide rings of vapour or smoke that can be seen floating through the air on occasion.

Thanks. I quote:

"A particularly well-documented type of rings are the steam rings ejected from circular vents on the sides of volcanoes. Dependent on the orientation of the vents, these rings can take a horizontal or a vertical position. "

This seems to explain the situation in this case!

edit on 15-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
You know where I've seen rings, white or grey perfectly round rings? At airshows!
Everybody was asking what it was, couple of guys with huge cameras tried to photograph it.

It turned out to be a smoke ring from the exhaust of an aerobatic a/c. Saw a couple of them that day.

So my question to you, OP, is whether there is an airport or a general flying area nearby.

Otherwise, and this will be pushing it, perhaps a giant smoke ring from the volcano?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
A question that comes to my mind is could they be plasmas? If some plasmas do resemble smoke then some "smoke-ring" ufos could be related to ball lightning or piezo-electrics.

There's also a 1950's era photo of the Air Force doing some kind of ground tests that created pretty much identical smoke rings. I'm looking for it...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Check out the Rex Heflin ring.
I suspect when this exhaust evidence was found by Rex his photos were taken
by agents and a number of tests were run to see the results. Agents for the
saucers were waiting for saucers to go on hover and then takeoff leaving the
photo evidence of black light agitated or excited air as Tesla had always indicated
were the result of his static electric waves. The motor of the ships were designed
by Tesla.

Rex Heflin ring from Tesla ship

The ring was first photo when I got to the page.
Ed: The ring from excited air atoms are due to the sides are given 360 degrees of
drive, well 30 degrees for each motor drive that is pulled by the environment.

edit on 10/15/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I can confirm the one in Virginia is a vortex ring.
I can't confirm the other photos, and I can't even see the ring in one of them.

But here is a good article on ring shaped vortices, with lots of photos of examples:

Ring-shaped vortices

I wouldn't categorize these black aerial circles as "vortex". What we see is a still photo, not a video or film footage. Therefore, "vortex" as defined below is not applicable to the unknown circle. Additionally, I don't think you really have any idea s to the "physics" behind these wrongly-named circles since no one has studied them and came to the conclusion that they're vortexes. But if I'm wrong and you are operating from a better educated POV than mine, I acquiesce.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TeslaandLyne

Check out the Rex Heflin ring.
I suspect when this exhaust evidence was found by Rex his photos were taken
by agents and a number of tests were run to see the results. Agents for the
saucers were waiting for saucers to go on hover and then takeoff leaving the
photo evidence of black light agitated or excited air as Tesla had always indicated
were the result of his static electric waves. The motor of the ships were designed
by Tesla.

Rex Heflin ring from Tesla ship

The ring was first photo when I got to the page.

I appreciate the result of proper research as your link to the Heflin photo. But you go overboard in calling the aerial object a "Tesla ship". That's foolishly meaningless. It's simply a UFO, accepted by most as an alien craft. No connection to Nikola.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by The Shrike

The ring is not the ship.
Did I say that.
ED: There are no aliens involved.
ED+: The Heflin ship has everything to do with Tesla.
Thus so does the ring 'exhaust' as all such rings you posted.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Ok, the plot thickens, I hadn't expected that after the first prosaic explanations.

I guess it does make sense that a strange craft could leave a trace of charred matter behind, if it split through a porthole to somewhere else, or simply with the speed of Roadrunner, meep meep!

Was there a smoke ring as that thing popped through the clouds at O'Hare in 2006?

Shrike, did you check out the link caelestia.be... ? It was fairly convincing to me.

Otoh, it seems the phenomenon can appear from several causes, who is to say some of those have not been described sufficiently, yet

About Rex Heflin: All I remembered about the smoke was his cigar, but that pic did ring a bell

edit on 15-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Thats a lot of rings but from unknown ships you must go with Rex.
That same ship is in a few other photos not associated with Rex and
described by Walton at an Arizona base for Tesla ships.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

snipped and pasted below

"The ring is not the ship."
I know that.

"Did I say that."
No.

"ED: There are no aliens involved."
That is an assumption as well as if you said there were.

"ED+: The Heflin ship has everything to do with Tesla."
An assumption.

"Thus so does the ring 'exhaust' as all such rings you posted."
I only commented, I did not post anything.

It's just a bit much to say that after A and B comes C if there's no correlation between A and B, which is assumed to be from stills and unfinished work by Tesla.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

The Heflin ship is definitely a work originating from Tesla.
Assume all the A B Cs you wish.
Your official word stance can be done by anyone that cares not solve unknowns
by knocking my Tesla mentions.
Unless you solved the vortex ring and I forgot you had.
You know vortex rings and I know Tesla ship rings.
Go check out the rings you didn't post and give your side sans Tesla.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

The Heflin ship is definitely a work originating from Tesla.
Assume all the A B Cs you wish.
Your official word stance can be done by anyone that cares not solve unknowns
by knocking my Tesla mentions.
Unless you solved the vortex ring and I forgot you had.
You know vortex rings and I know Tesla ship rings.
Go check out the rings you didn't post and give your side sans Tesla.

I do not know anything about "vortex" rings, just someone's name for something they think they know what it is but really don't

All I know is that aerial "smoke" rings, identified by some as having a connection with UFOs although proof is lacking, are as unexplainable as the "nuts and bolts/hardware" UFOs.

First, smoke is just a visual description for no one has gone up to such a ring, collected some of it and analyzed it and got a solution.

Second, even though there are reports of witnesses seeing a UFO associated with such a ring, the association does not add the necessary details to say, conclusively, that, yes, the UFO created the ring.

Here is a photo that I took from the mentioned 2007 thread. What it proves I don't know but I don't think that a UFO is associated with this particular ring.

edit on 15-10-2012 by The Shrike because: To include photo.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

That is an interesting ring but only a UFO if in the photo and not noticed at the time.
Rex Heflin reportedly did not see the ring and took a photo of the ship that had gone.

So either we have a ring making festival that people make rings or agents for the ship owners
willing to make confusing determinations to cover their possession of the Tesla ships.

So A we indeed have a ring seen only in photos due to black light emission caused by
static waves of the Tesla ship as only the case of Rex Heflin as a visible low and slow flying
ship was caught in a series of photos only the ring being invisible. A rare occasion but if
rings are found in photos with out a visible sighting then the ring was made by a ship.

And B we have innocent people making black smoke rings that we can see and photograph.

Also C we have agents of the Tesla ship owners making ordinary visible smoke rings that
we can see and photograph in order to propagate by weight of numbers to deny ship rings.
(I doubt agents would release the actual phenomena unless an ordinary ring maker was
nearby to point out to deny the ship ring. Agent being logical but liars none the less.)

To be determined however if a ship ring revolves (vortex-ing) like a man made smoke ring.
I don't think so. Also there might be a way to make man made non spinning smoke rings.
A natural phenomena but noticed only in photos would be our only clue to a ship ring.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Here's an interesting vid (go to 0:30) with various torroidal vortices:

Are you guys saying these things pop up out of nowhere?

Shrike, the one you posted is interesting but it's impossible to determine if there's not an airplane nearby that just cleared its pipes, as it were.

edit on 16-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

The only ones I think I can explain are rings that show up in photos unexplained.
As in the case of Rex Heflin who saw and photographed a ship until the last photo
showed a black ring that he says he did not notice can we associate the ring and ship.

So if you are doing all kinds of rings go ahead.

Only rings mysteriously appearing in photos that were not visible do we have
cause for concern of a ship being present at one time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join