It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No to reincarnation!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I don't know what to believe, I never do. But I started reading "Journey of Souls" by Michael Newton a few days ago. It all sounded good at first, but the more I read, the more suspicious things started to sound. For example, one man (or woman, I guess we can be both, according this book) travels back to the spirit world, and the way he describes it reminds me of a school, or an assembly. And everyone has their "group". He saw his father there, and wanted to get close to him, but was not allowed to. His father was in a different "group". As the author of the book asked, "Why don't you go and see him? Can't you move around freely?" the subject got really irritated, and exclaimed something like, "I CAN'T! THAT IS NOT MY GROUP!" But he wanted to. It almost sounds like the spirit world is no different than here. We're told what we can and cannot do, we're reviewed and judged, and then sent back here again. What's the point? Then I did a search on the book, and found some interesting (and disturbing) reviews about it. One in particular:

Splinter in the Mind
---------------------------------------------
Bronte responded to the reader:

First, about Newton’s book. Yes, it does talk about “guides” and celestial “councils” that help us decide the direction of our next incarnation. And of course those all represent enslavement and manipulation. The value of the book is that it makes that manipulation more obvious.
---------------------------------------------
edit on 17-10-2012 by MrUncreated because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reincarnation as rightly said is, "wishful thinking"
a win-win theory.
People who dont get the truth in one life get "second chance"
people who get it, get"salvation/moksha"
just like purgatory in catholics.
Second chances!!
Lets see who needs them? People who are in doubt and afraid to make a wrong choice, they weave a safety net and relax and go ahead and make wrong wishful choices freely, never realising the safety net is equally fake.
So to the OP, relax there wouldnt be any second chances, u'l retain your memories and get united with all your loved ones, provided you and them make the right choices, and this life is meant to search for that right path. all the best!

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by logical7

How cute. But no...

I love my family and friends but do I want to go through this crap again? NO!

And plenty of more people agree with me.

Because life on the other side is easier, free, and beautiful. It is not rush hour, being broke, and being sick.

If this is not incentive to get through this right the first time, I don't know what is.

Besides, you can't perfect your soul in few years you are on this planet.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by logical7
a win-win theory.
Second chances!!
Lets see who needs them? People who are in doubt and afraid to make a wrong choice, they weave a safety net and relax and go ahead and make wrong wishful choices freely, never realising the safety net is equally fake.
So to the OP, relax there wouldnt be any second chances, u'l retain your memories and get united with all your loved ones, provided you and them make the right choices, and this life is meant to search for that right path. all the best!

That makes me feel a little better. If people really want reincarnation maybe that's what'll happen to him. Me on the other hand, no siree. I don't agree with many religions so I just have my own beliefs including the possibility of eternal unconsciousness which I don't think would be too bad as long as we lived our life to the fullest and for a long time =)

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by chelle21689

Originally posted by logical7
a win-win theory.
Second chances!!

That makes me feel a little better. If people really want reincarnation maybe that's what'll happen to him. Me on the other hand, no siree. I don't agree with many religions so I just have my own beliefs including the possibility of eternal unconsciousness which I don't think would be too bad as long as we lived our life to the fullest and for a long time =)

i am happy that i could help in any little way.
But to me recycling of souls just doesnt feel like the divine plan.
"eww, you need improvement, go RECYCLE more!!"
"Yaa, you have reached quality control standard, you stay!!"
its a way to avoid judgement, eternal consequences to actions did in this available life.

posted on Oct, 22 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by logical7

How cute. But no...

I love my family and friends but do I want to go through this crap again? NO!

And plenty of more people agree with me.

Because life on the other side is easier, free, and beautiful. It is not rush hour, being broke, and being sick.

If this is not incentive to get through this right the first time, I don't know what is.

Besides, you can't perfect your soul in few years you are on this planet.

are you pro incarnation or not??
And when you say "you can't perfect your soul in few years"
do u mean people get messed up soul as babies and get the job to perfect it?
Because i feel the opposite.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join