No to reincarnation!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
If reincarnation existed, I don't think I would want to reincarnate with the possibility of forgetting all these great memories, my wonderful family, my awesome loving boyfriend, etc. I like who I am and I like what I have experienced in this life and I hope everyone I care about can experience more to come for many many years. If it exists, why would I want to leave a supposedly GREAT place full of power, love, peace, no feeling of time, with all it has to offer that earth can't? Why would I want to go somewhere where plain, suffering, and violence exists or with the chance of becoming crippled, abused, or whatever? I don't believe that we "plan" how our life goes like some believers in reincarnation say we do.

Reincarnation wouldn't be so bad if someone didn't give me the theory that my mother could be my husband in the next life O.o and if we could remember all our experiences once we died.

Hell, it'd be cool if after this life I could experience being an Avatar with my family and bf or friends! I like the saying one man's heaven is another man's hell. In my opinion if heaven exists, we'd all have our own personal type of heavens. We could do whatever we want even earthly things but I doubt we'd care to because where we'd be at would be more awesome, we could re-live our best moment of our lives, we could experience what it's like to be another person creature, time doesn't exist, we would only feel the good things like happiness, excitement, peace, calmness.,..I think small annoyances can possibly occur but definitely not suffering.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by chelle21689

There are many different theories on reincarnation. But, the theory you posted, I do not support.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
If you incarnate into a body with conscious knowledge of your former lives, I think it'd devalue your earthly experiences in every form. Have you ever awoke from a dream in the middle of the night only to have it fade from conscious memory yet feel like you're still pondering the dream on a subconscious level? I imagine it'd be a lot like that experience. The spiritual amnesia at least.

Without experiencing negativity you'd have no contrast for the positive to be fully appreciated and funnily enough that in itself would amount to an overall negative experience at least from my view point. I have had quite a lot of extreme negative experiences and in hindsight I found that these experiences gave me the wisdom and tools required in order to overcome the problems and conditions that allowed the negative experiences to manifest in the first place.

Outside of body we're said to be genderless souls and make mutual decision on who we want to incarnate with. It is usually primary soul-group members that play the more important and dominant roles in our lives. Who really knows though but I honestly don't think that incarnations are forced, any aspect of them.
edit on 15-10-2012 by YouDeserveToKnow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

If reincarnation existed, I don't think I would want to reincarnate with the possibility of forgetting all these great memories, my wonderful family, my awesome loving boyfriend, etc. I like who I am and I like what I have experienced in this life and I hope everyone I care about can experience more to come for many many years. If it exists, why would I want to leave a supposedly GREAT place full of power, love, peace, no feeling of time, with all it has to offer that earth can't? Why would I want to go somewhere where plain, suffering, and violence exists or with the chance of becoming crippled, abused, or whatever? I don't believe that we "plan" how our life goes like some believers in reincarnation say we do.

You're worried about forgetting your loved ones... but once you return home, not only will you remember your loved ones from this life... but all your loved ones from your previous lives as well...

Doesn't sound that bad to me honestly....

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Still doesn't make sense to me. I would reincarnate if my life was bad but eh to each your own. I'd rather be an atheist then to believe in living life after life after life. It's just not in my favor.

Call me a old school romantic but I hate the idea of having probably hundreds of different lovers, families, etc. Also with the soul group thing, it doesn't make sense to me at all even after reading thousands of times about it trying to figure it out. I think it's just wishful and romantic thinking, even though I'm a romantic it doesn't mean that I believe in it.

If reincarnation exists, I believe that we are able to reincarnate on different planets, dimensions, etc. Why do people who claim to remember only remember themselves as humans? Why does it always seem SO interesting in how they died? I just have questions for that is rhetorical.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouDeserveToKnow
If you incarnate into a body with conscious knowledge of your former lives, I think it'd devalue your earthly experiences in every form.

Without experiencing negativity you'd have no contrast for the positive to be fully appreciated and funnily enough that in itself would amount to an overall negative experience at least from my view point. I have had quite a lot of extreme negative experiences and in hindsight I found that these experiences gave me the wisdom and tools required in order to overcome the problems and conditions that allowed the negative experiences to manifest in the first place.
edit on 15-10-2012 by YouDeserveToKnow because: (no reason given)

Not to sound mean but that seems like it contradicts yourself. You say with knowledge of your previous lives then it would devalue the experience.

In what you said the second paragraph you said without experiencing negativity you can't fully appreciate the positive. But how would you appreciate your life now if you don't remember the negatives in the last life?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Hey mate.

Not to sound mean but that seems like it contradicts yourself. You say with knowledge of your previous lives then it would devalue the experience. In what you said the second paragraph you said without experiencing negativity you can't fully appreciate the positive. But how would you appreciate your life now if you don't remember the negatives in the last life?

I think the memories are suppressed on a conscious level comparable to dream amnesia, but I think past life experiences of the 'soul' flavor our sense of morality, conscience and character just as much as environmental and conscious influences.

I don't think you sound mean at all though, you may very well be correct, I think ultimately we'll both arrive at the same destination.

I've included a link to a short audio-book that you might find interesting since you're obviously curious about this subject. Whatever your persuasion it's very interesting and it addresses a lot of the stuff you mentioned in your other response. I'd be very interested to hear your thoughts on it actually.

Journey of Souls (Audiobook) This isn't complete for copyright reasons but it goes into the first part of the book.
edit on 15-10-2012 by YouDeserveToKnow because: fixed link

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

All symbolism in the Bible represents the root meaning that came before life on this Earth. All symbols have a root meaning that per-exists. We see symbols and rituals as representing something we invented. Not so. They are the language of our origin and our destiny.

Being baptized into the water of reality is repentance from what came before. To repent, you cannot know that you are doing so or duplicity would rule your actions. The temple you are placed in is a mechanism for this repentance. It is a placenta in a womb. The womb is the Earth. Until the animal is burned and the temple cleansed by the water, sin cannot be cut away. The shepherd pulls the wool over the eyes of the sheep to cut away the matted wool. It is then cleaned and washed white as snow. From this wool (our sin), the robe we receive later is crafted.

The Amnion is the sac that surrounds the amniotic fluid in the womb. When the baby is born, it sometimes covers the face or body of the child like a veil. Sailors used to take this and keep it on ship with them. Why? It protected the baby in the water. As in nature, so with us. We are protected by our inability to remember. The word amnesia comes from Amnion and so does the word Lamb linguistically. Who do you suppose the good shepherd is?

Why do we need a veil? If you seek good for the reward, then you are seeking self-interests. If you seek good to avoid punishment, you are again seeking your own selfish desire. To repent, you must willingly turn from the error within and walk away. The only way to turn is to know why you must. The only way to love God is to see that He loved you first. Repentance is a gift. This life is that act to sacrifice the animal and regain the Spirit.

Jesus said, "you must be born again."

Isaiah said this:

Isaiah 26

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.

Paul said this:

Acts 24

I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15 and I have the same hope in God as these men themselves have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

The resurrection he speaks of is shortly before the day of the Lord. All 7 billion souls will be raised on a global stage to see one singular event that mankind has been waiting for 6000 years.

7 “Look, he is coming with the clouds,”
and “every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him”;
and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”
So shall it be! Amen.

The word clouds is nephelē. It also derives the word Nephilim, a cloud of evil spirits covering the people. This usage was shown in the book of Enoch 1 to describe the Evil Beings that corrupted Mankind. The cloud was the same as the one in Jude 1 and Enoch to describe Jesus coming in the clouds with an army of angels to rescue mankind.

The cloud that overshadows us in these last days is mentioned in this Dead Sea Scroll: Dead Sea Scroll to the Teacher

"In his mysterious insight and glorious wisdom God has countenanced an era in which perversity triumphs, but at the time appointed for visitation He shall destroy such forever. Then shall truth come forth in victory upon the earth. Sullied by wicked ways while perversity rules, at the time of the appointed judgment truth shall be decreed. By His truth God shall then purify all human deeds, and refine some of humanity so as to extinguish every perverse spirit from the inward parts of the flesh, cleansing from every wicked deed by a holy spirit. Like purifying waters, he shall sprinkle each with a spirit of truth, effectual against all the abominations of lying and sullying by an unclean spirit. Thereby He shall give the upright insight into knowledge of the Most High and wisdom of the angels, making wise those following the perfect way. Indeed, God has chosen them for an eternal covenant; all the glory of Adam shall be theirs alone. Perversity shall be extinct, every fraudulent deed put to shame. "

Now you know the rest of the story.

edit on 15-10-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by YouDeserveToKnow

Have you ever seen the cartoon series the last air bender? I kind of try to understand a concept of reincarnation through that cartoon lol If you've never seen the series then you probably have no idea what I'm talking about.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Your spiritual side/soul/higher self will remember all your memories but your physical incarnation will remember nothing of previous incarnations.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Your only counter-argument to reincarnation is that you like your life, so why would you want to forget it?

Because in each life you have lessons you need to learn in order to grow, if you remember your previous life, you wouldn't be able to learn anything, as they would have too much effect.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by chelle21689

Reincarnation wouldn't be so bad if someone didn't give me the theory that my mother could be my husband in the next life O.o and if we could remember all our experiences once we died.

Hell, it'd be cool if after this life I could experience being an Avatar with my family and bf or friends! I like the saying one man's heaven is another man's hell. In my opinion if heaven exists, we'd all have our own personal type of heavens. We could do whatever we want even earthly things but I doubt we'd care to because where we'd be at would be more awesome, we could re-live our best moment of our lives, we could experience what it's like to be another person creature, time doesn't exist, we would only feel the good things like happiness, excitement, peace, calmness.,..I think small annoyances can possibly occur but definitely not suffering.

'Attachment' is a bitch!

To the extent that you have plotted 'what you wouldn't want'...etc...you have, and are fulfilling the precept of FREE WILL inherent in the complex process of reincarnation...if you do not understand this, get a better idea than what you watch on some random cartoon...that has to be a joke

Yours is not a problem of comprehension...but of attachment...guess what?...this is how it will play out!...surprise, surprise...

A99

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Haha, I haven't mate but i'll be sure to check it out.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

You state that as a fact but it is merely a theory/faith/belief.

One man's heaven is another man's hell.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Haha, OP, if you don't like to be reincarnated, you should not cling to your current life. according to the famous reincarnation idea, until you satisfy your mind and body and all materialistic things, you would be born again and again.

From the looks of it, you will be reincarnating if something does exist due to your attachment.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I don't care too much about materialistic things like my sisters do. I'm not into gucci, prada, fancy cars, etc. I mean they are nice but I cherish love, adventure, experiencing life so much more. I'm clinging to the memories and the relationships built upon that because they are what made me happy in this life.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   

You state that as a fact but it is merely a theory/faith/belief.

One man's heaven is another man's hell.

As is the theory that we have only one life...but the one life theory does not make sense, in the least...

"One mans'..."
Correct!...if You were colorblind red, you could deny all you wanted, that the color red did not exist...and still sound right...

A99

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The same could be send for many atheists and other people who don't believe. It's all your opinion.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

The same could be send for many atheists and other people who don't believe. It's all your opinion.

"All"...is opinion?...or perception?

My perception is not my opinion, as I would hazard a guess, it is not yours...
If I percieve less than what I am expected to reasonably percieve...I harbour doubts about my perception and then resort to opinion and belief...
If I percieve more than what I am expected to reasonably percieve...is a different kettle of fish...

A99

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Here's the deal. You said yourself in one of the 8 or so other threads you have posted dealing with aspects of this subject that you are obsessed with it. You can't stop thinking about it. You are also dealing with the subject from your present point of view. You've said you really do not like what you think reincarnation is. You don't like the idea that you forget your other lives when you're in this one. You don't like the idea of marrying your father in another life. All these, of course, are common concepts found in the literature on reincarnation.

Although we have many hints as to how reincarnation may work, and we have many people who insist their interpretation of reincarnation is completely true, as objective observers without any special knowledge or insight, we're not entirely sure if it works at all. But supposing it did work "as advertised," the fact that you don't like it is really irrelevant. The bottom line is that you may not have a choice. Like it or hate it, it's going to happen anyway and there's nothing you can do about it.

It may also be the case that we have a limited perspective. You and I value what we think of as our personality and our "self," but it may be that we highly overrate ourselves. If we were more completely aware, we may find that our personalities are not the real point, that they might be discarded, that our larger self is much more aware and intelligent than we are.

Have you ever played RPGs like World of Warcraft? You build an avatar of your choosing and send it on quests, requiring you to dispatch (as in kill) many other "people" in the realm. What do you think the next generation of computer games is going to be like? When processing power and memory get cheaper and cheaper the games will get more and more realistic. I'm willing to bet the avatars will "take on a life of their own" and argue with you. They will appear intelligent. At some point you will not be able to tell the difference between an avatar and a real person. And if they claim to be self-aware, will you believe them? More to the point, will they believe in you?

Would you grant them citizenship? What if they wanted to create an RPG game of their own, and RPG within an RPG? That may be what we are dealing with here. We're mere avatars arguing that we don't want to be one. Our sense of control is illusory.

edit on 10/17/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join