It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Campaign is mis-representing....Romney's plan is simple math

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beanandginger

The asumption uses averages - assuming the people working now are a mix of high and low paying salaries and the people with the new jobs are a mix of high and low paying jobs.

And again, your assumption is wrong.

When a millionaire gets a 20% tax cut, there is no "newly created" million dollar job to offset that tax cut. You have also failed to mention how exactly Romney is going to just magically create jobs (please don't say trickle down).

I think it is hilarious that you think Obama's "plan" is to move people onto entitlements, you should stop watching fox news.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The entire premise is flawed

You assume there is a constant correlation between paying less in taxes and creating new jobs.

I submit taxes were low from 2008 thru today 2012

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

You're making a lot of assumptions

Romney's tax plan isn't known since he won't tell you what's in it and how he'll pay for it. It's the same as me promising to give everyone in the US over the age of 18 a 1965 Ford Mustang...without telling people how THEY are going to have to pay for it.

And no, telling people that cutting PBS is a serious example is LAUGHABLE!!! 0.012% of the budget. ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

You can't just make assumptions like that to "make it fit"

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

If Romney's plan works on paper, how come we have seen a five-fold increase in the cost of shelter, energy, food and medicine since 1986, but wages are flat since 1981?

Trickle down is an illusion. It has never worked, and it will never work. The economy grows when the working class and middle class has money to spend. It never grows when the investor class see's record profits and dividends. To argue otherwise is to demonstrate a complete ignorance of actual economics, in favor of spiritualism.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

You would think people would learn.

The right is fond of saying, 'repeating what doesn't work over and over is the definition of insanity.'

And yet, they want to go in and repeat the failures of deregulation and tax breaks. That IS insanity.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   

So what's a better plan - shoot for higher tax revenue based on a wider tax base, lower individual taxes and lower unemployment

How about this.

[size=6]TAX BREAKS DONT CREATE JOBS.

Read on for yourself.

It's a case of repeating the same lie over so many times, its accepted as fact.

Lower individual taxes for those in the Middle Class. Close the loopholes for the rich. Put in a place a job training program like the ones in Germany.

Regrowing our economy shouldn't be gauged with speedometer, but with a compass. We don't need firecracker growth, just to burn out again in 10 years.

Been there, done that.

Give me slow, steady and sure growth. Growth with responsibility and minus the mindless greed.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
His entire tax "plan" is FAKE, just like he is himself...

LINK

Showing up at a soup kitchen unannounced for a 15 min foto op? - $5 bribe for the guy at the entrance

Pretending to help out for 1min while washing clean dishes? - $250 for a new shirt (poor people dust got on it)

Making a complete fool out of yourself by pretending to support the very people who's jobs you want to cut - Priceless!!

For crying out loud, that's the guy you want as potential president if "corporations are people my friend" Romney bites the dust? ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Ryan is like a car salesman trying to sell you an alternate universe in which logic doesn't apply, and where facts apparently don't matter.
edit on 16-10-2012 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by beanandginger
- Now assume that you can put 3 of the 10 non-taxpayers back to work

The message to my son’s eighth grade class and everyone in the US is this – The math doesn’t lie.

It doesn’t need to be harder than this.

That's a real BIG assumption you got there!
Tell me, where are these miraculous jobs coming from? And in economically uncertain times, how much will those jobs be paying?

I've got some more math for you...

Giving a corporate scumbag a tax break to "encourage" growth leaves a shortfall in the tax revenues, which still has to be met. The school (using your metaphor) still has to buy books, still has to provide light and heat and so on... so if the corporations are paying less tax than they were, where is that money coming from?

Also, going by the existing example of the wealthiest moving jobs out of the country, or just cutting back and adding the workload onto other employees who are just lucky to still have a job, where is their motivation to spend their tax breaks on growth? Why on Earth would a millionaire be spending their ill-gotten gains on giving more people a job when they simply don't need to?

There is no "simple" solution to this. You cannot fix a national economy with household economics. It just DOESN'T work like that!

Romney's plan is hollow, without any substance, it's nothing but brain farts for the masses and people are sniffing it and thinking it means something. They're too stupid to realize that he has NO PLAN.

"I'll create jobs!"
"I'll make life better!"
"I'll encourage growth!"
"I'll give my rich buddies tax breaks that YOU have to pay for!"
"I can say whatever I want as long as I smile and you idiots are dumb enough to think it's a well thought out plan!"

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by beanandginger
reply to post by jimmyx

Even if he only puts 3% (16 million back to work) or 1% (5.33 million back to work) the math works the same - individual tax rates can go down while overall tax revenues go up. The math works the same - that's the point of the simple exercise. The math doesn't change if you increase the numbers.

The Obama campaign has repeatedly said the math doesn't work but this plan is proven and has been done before. This is the easy part. The key is that once they realize more revenue they have to not spend it - something Democrats AND Republicans have had trouble with.

Obama is diengenuous when he criticizes this plan and he's wrong headed with his plan. It leads to economic ruin.

if cutting taxes worked, bush's 3 large tax cuts mostly benefiting the wealthy SHOULD NOT HAVE led to the recession.
also, it takes the vote of congress to actually sign jobs bills, republicans don't want that to happen because it might make obama look good
and one more thing.....OBAMA HAS CUT TAXES....GEEZ, CAN'T YOU PEOPLE READ???

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join