It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESO set to make astounding disclosure!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by TehSlenderMan
reply to post by phroziac

Like what?

Also, to OP. What do you recommend I subscribe to so I can get an email about this "amazing discovery" as they seem to make it sound?

Matter moving atleast very near the speed of light, if not at it hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu...

Planets could orbit singularities beyond the schwarschild radius, aka not everything in a blackhole is crushed intp the singularity. Means john titors time machine might be possible, also possibly wormholes www.technologyreview.com...

Panspermia is probably true www.scienceagogo.com...

Einsteins math can still work beyond speed of light www.huffingtonpost.com...

All matter contains tiny blackholes ...supposedly. never heard of this source before though. www.newstrackindia.com...

Every black hole contajns a new universe! Why is this on fox news? Soo....if theres millions of other universes, with billions of planets in them....ummmmmmmm? How can aliens possibly not exist somewhere? www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Im not getting all hyped up again to be disappointed.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It's a planet which has four suns...........

www.bbc.com...

All i can say is I bet they are getting better summers than I am in Ireland........and it is a bit warmer probably too....
Oh Well ...no little green men or ELE asteroids to worry about then....

Regards

PDUK

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleDog UK

its not the same discovery

the article clearly states they wont be releasing ANY information until 3pm UK time (4pm cest)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

the article clearly states they wont be releasing ANY information until 3pm UK time (4pm cest)

Apologies then If i mentioned the wrong thing........ lets wait and see then...
PDUK

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   
It's going to be published online and there will be an online press conference.

If it were anything significant to humanity, the words "online" would be removed from the above sentence.

Going back to sleep.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko

Thats only a press conference for the media.....theyre not allowed to publish til tomorrow at 7pm cest. But if its good its bound to leak

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend
It's going to be published online and there will be an online press conference.

If it were anything significant to humanity, the words "online" would be removed from the above sentence.

Going back to sleep.

Online is the fastest way to disseminate information worldwide. And nature is a scientific journal requiring a pricey subscription...i miss having college subscriptions to things like that

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity

Maybe in combination with Seti they found a measurable abundance of life on that exoplanet?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
It's a planet which has four suns...........

www.bbc.com...

>>
The discovery was made by volunteers using the Planethunters.org website along with a team from UK and US institutes; follow-up observations were made with the Keck Observatory.
>>
This has nothing to do with ESO and the La Silla ESO Observatory in Chile. I don't think it's this one.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
IT'S NIBIRU...NIBIRU IS HERE....IT'S COMMIIIIING~~~~~~~~~~)

***Bounces up and down in chair while drooling on my E.T. t-shirt signed by George Lucas and smelling my fingers while holding a mushed banana in the other hand***

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by PaxVeritas

you ok buddy?
are you posting from a padded cell by any chance?

ON TOPIC
so let me get this straight, the press conference today is only for the media?
can we not watch it online? its being announced as an "online" press conference so surely we can watch the stream
edit on 16-10-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Right. It says in the announcement that you have to prove youre a journalist to get in and have to agree not to disclose til tomorrow.

Heres the form to fill out www.eso.org...
edit on 16-10-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Perhaps they have discovered a Dyson sphere system.

A star system, completely enclosed in an artificially constructed technological shell, built from materials mined from asteroids and moons / planets in the vacinity.

Doubt they'd announce it if they did, as it would mean a so-called 'type 1' civilisation being around (or were around) at some point to have been able to build it in the first place.

Probably going to be an exoplanet that is made entirely of Marmite...some are going to love the announcement, some are going to hate it.

;-)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

great post,
starred
made me
my derrire off!
thanks

edit on 16-10-2012 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Hmmm, maybe it IS this 4 star system after all:

www.messagetoeagle.com...-So

Either way, can only be interesting...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Dyson system would be cool !

what would also be cool is we found and earth like planet and we can measure that it has biomass on it confirming the existence of life !

Yes if we can see them , then they possibly can see us !

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ScorpiusMaximus
Hmmm, maybe it IS this 4 star system after all:

www.messagetoeagle.com...-So

Either way, can only be interesting...

I see what youre saying, but if this is the case i will permanently lose all respect for ESO and will never again so much as read any findings they have. Pissed will not describe how i will feel. Why would they hype it all up and make us wait to here somsthing thats already been made public?

And why is novelty increasing so much tomorrow?

I hope its a dyson sphere or alien contact

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by kryton

who says we dont already have the means to get there. Military is 50 years ahead in technology if not more.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Well I am pretty confident it might be a discovery of a planet with either Oxygen in the atmosphere and/or water confirmed. That's my personal guess.

I was at the ESO site yesterday reading about their instruments. They use a spectrograph to find Exoplanets and to determine chemical elements present..it just makes most sense to me since it would be exactly what their instruments can discover. Why else would an exoplanet be "remarkable"?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join