It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESO set to make astounding disclosure!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well,
it does mean they can pinpoint a lot smaller planets.
The key I think is in the fact that it will seriously narrow down our scans of the skies for intelligent signals.
Once we start finding planets like this in the Goldy locks zone we can turn our radars on them and look for signals instead of having to sweep billions of galaxies and use super computers to scan signals.

It could happen.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
reply to post by DupontDeux

it says

but real, signal from a planet orbiting Alpha Centauri B

i dont know man
the wording seems to be subtle but clear

I know what you are saying, but I think that you are reading it wrong. I think (gosh, I think alot hu?) what they mean is, signal from a planet, as in, a signal that indicates a planet. Not a signal being transmitted from the planets surface or satelites orbiting it. but just a signal from a planet. Like if you got a metaldetector searching the beach, your detector starts to beep if its metal under the sand,..its not the metal transmitting a signal to you its just that you get a signal from the metal via your equipment.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Very cool and interesting stuff.

I wonder what sort of philosophies and belief systems an intelligent species would come up on a planet that orbits a star in a binary system? It makes me wonder since here on Earth we have a fixation with Sun worship, monotheism and Oneness. I wonder if their early beliefs, myths and religions would center around stories of couples, twins, siblings, duality etc.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
What did I say yesterday?

Move along, nothing to see here.

I wish it wasn't so -- but baby steps people. The next big discovery will be on Mars, that rover is going to find something.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VelvetSplash

I wonder what sort of philosophies and belief systems an intelligent species would come up on a planet that orbits a star in a binary system? It makes me wonder since here on Earth we have a fixation with Sun worship, monotheism and Oneness. I wonder if their early beliefs, myths and religions would center around stories of couples, twins, siblings, duality etc.

thats some food for toughs for sure! Great, now I can´t sleep. Thanks

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Here is the discovery:
www.eso.org...

Edit, oops, thought I was at the end of the thread and it hadn't been posted yet. But not at end of thread. Well, there's the link if anybody missed it.
edit on 16-10-2012 by tetsuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever

Best wishes to you both.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Here is a superb idea....I JUST thought about it...as in the last few seconds

How about instead of ESA wasting their time and tax payer funds looking for make-believe planets with make-believe aliens, they focus their resources looking for asteriods on a potential collision course with earth so that reagans star wars trillions(who everyone thinks its for russian nukes) can be used to intercept and destroy them?

WOW. What a brilliant idea. I am the first person on this retarded planet who actually thought about it!!!! Canz I haz nobel # prize now?

Believe it or not we have high energy lasers(HEL) and gamma ray amplification by stimulated emission(graser) satelites orbiting that can do precisely that...........if they wanted to.....but I think they rather target good aliens so that the bad ones survive.

Classic!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nettlas

By couples, do you mean Adam & Eve?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Yes if we can see them , then they possibly can see us !

Not really, could just be animals and semi intelligent beings like humans, or water. Not sure if I would feel so comfortable someone else knowing where we are. You see how destructive humans are, how can you know other species are not the same or worse?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drrobotnick

Originally posted by Nettlas

By couples, do you mean Adam & Eve?

naaaah, that is more the siblings part i think, hehehe

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
wtf are they fixated on earth sized planets?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject
wtf are they fixated on earth sized planets?

apparently, size does matters. I knew it!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   

www.eso.org...
European astronomers have discovered a planet with about the mass of the Earth orbiting a star in the Alpha Centauri system — the nearest to Earth. It is also the lightest exoplanet ever discovered around a star like the Sun. The planet was detected using the HARPS instrument on the 3.6-metre telescope at ESO’s La Silla Observatory in Chile. The results will appear online in the journal Nature on 17 October 2012.

I don't know if some of u guys posted that already. On first read I didn't find it in ESO. There is a quarantine until tomorrow 17 for media articles. So it is it: 4ly away a planet similar to earth's mass, but too hot for life. However there might be more planets fit for life.

Still we need hyperdrive to go as near as 4 ly. WE HAVE IT. It is not only the secret planes and space-ships known from movies. it is also the stargates. Let call the things their real names. We have visitors for the last 60 years. Including from Alfa Centauri! ANd let the conspiracy sites be more conspirative, and not full of denial for what a handful of brave people dare to post there! When all media will write it (hyperdrives, aliens) then one does not need to read conspiracy sites to know it. Don't you realize that?
edit on 16-10-2012 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Apparently they think a planet only can have life if it is exactly like earth.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
reply to post by reject

Apparently they think a planet only can have life if it is exactly like earth.

Thats dum thinking. Just look at all the places where we've found life on earth yet they always said it couldn't possibly exist, such as lava vents and inside nuclear reactors etc.
Given enough time those creatures that live in those scalding hot lava vents will evolve into intelligent beings that can withstand scalding hot conditions.
Do they know this?
Of course they do, so why do they tell us crap like
"a planet only can have life if it is exactly like earth" ?

Because we're being told lies.

I wonder how much TPTB really know?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Is it just me? Or does anyone else believe that any discovery of any merit or meaning will not be disclosed to us ordinary folks.

If they wanted us to know of the exciting things out there in space, there have already been countless opportunities to fess up.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Thank you for giving another member name to just skip over (yours)
cheers enjoy your version of reality

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Anything really worthwhile is top secret or higher. Like who built the pyramids on earth and mars. The face on mars. The glass structures on the moon or how shallow the craters are. Why the moon rings like a bell. Why the earth and moon are both hollow. Who exactly resides there and elsewhere. What happened to the planet between mars and jupiter. Why places like dulce and montauk have high strangeness. The bermuda and devils triangle. How to create steady wormholes. How to teleport living beings. How to levitate. How to perform telekinesis. Why we have constant boom&bust economic cycles. Why we must have capitalism that preys on everyone for the few. Why we have false flag terrorism every 5-10 years. why, why, why

THIS WORLD HAS MANY PROBLEMS INTENTIONALLY, but figuratively speaking I am not sure I want answers either. Helps me sleep a little(or much) better at night. Ignorance is bliss to a point! I am not sure people can handle everything without committing mass suicide or some big evil war breaking out with aliens/demons.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
"And now, as The Robinson family are about to board the Jupiter 2 for their lifelong mission to Alpha Centauri, with their faithful robot companion .... called Robot"
What Did Irwin Allen know that we didnt? Is "Lost in Space" a Documentary?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join