It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ESO set to make astounding disclosure!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It's good to be excited guys but please don't set yourselves up for disappointment. If you dive in head first on imagination and possibility, when the truth of the matter is revealed and is less than what you expect, you will be utterly disappointed. If you're speculative yet optimistic and the news is less than exciting, you will not feel like # after hearing what they have to say.

Let's just play it by ear until tomorrow. I have a feeling it's going to be over-hyped nonsense but I am completely obliged to being proven wrong.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
>>
A) They've found a planet that's not too big, in the green zone, and spectrum analysis shows not only water, but things like methane, suggesting possible life like here on our planet.
>>

I very much agree there, methane, possibly even an atmosphere with nitrogen/oxygen.If that "8" is legit.
Don't forget, we KNOW of methane on Mars - but still didn't find life on Mars...they're still searching where it actually comes from.
edit on 16-10-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
they are saying whats being leaked has something to do with a signal seti picked up years ago
i think it was called wow

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by xszawe

they are saying whats being leaked has something to do with a signal seti picked up years ago

Who is this "they" that is saying that?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Do you have a link or anything? This is interesting. I remember the "Wow" signal.
If it is related that could be very interesting. Although I hesitate to speculate. (Maybe this planet
they found was in the same vicinity of space the "Wow" signal came from, for example.)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
This isn't it is it:
www.cnn.com...

if not, when is the press release supposed to happen?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

European astronomers have used facilities at ESO’s La Silla Observatory to discover a remarkable exoplanet. The results will appear online in the journal Nature on 17 October 2012.

New planet in habitable zone.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by nuke_c

Do you have a link or anything? This is interesting. I remember the "Wow" signal.
If it is related that could be very interesting. Although I hesitate to speculate. (Maybe this planet
they found was in the same vicinity of space the "Wow" signal came from, for example.)

According to Wiki, the Wow signal originated:

"This region of the sky lies in the constellation Sagittarius, roughly 2.5 degrees south of the fifth-magnitude star group Chi Sagittarii. Tau Sagittarii is the closest easily visible star."

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I have not seen that anywhere. Where did you read, and please do not reply with some site like Before its news.

Like most others, I am not expecting much from this, We have been down this road many times, and if ends up being nothing that will effect us, or change what we think.

Usually the ones to be excited are the ones who will benefit from the new grant money to further study the subject.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguy
This isn't it is it:
www.cnn.com...

if not, when is the press release supposed to happen?

That's already been announced. This is new information, supposedly.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

WHO, WHAT, WHERE, WHEN.....

What is wrong with you people? provide ample evidence of your claims or dont even post.

Why are the mods not banning people like this who just make random, unproven, lies?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
He's just speculating. Everyone needs to take a breather here. We don't know ANYTHING until tomorrow hits

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
twitter.com...

"More hilarious chatter re. ESO's #exoplanet breakthrough in conspiracy- minded www.abovetopsecret.com... … - I'm part of "them" because I know ..."
edit on 16-10-2012 by thomasjveil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownEntity
Will we witness true disclosure by ESO this Tuesday, 17th Oct. 2012? That is the buzz in astro-scientist circles today. What is special about this discovery, as yet kept in dark veil, is that on twitter and some email lists (which I follow for asteroid and comet detection news) the topic is focused only on the exoplanet news which ESO will break.

I quote from the ESO website itself: "European astronomers have used facilities at ESO’s La Silla Observatory to discover a remarkable exoplanet. The results will appear online in the journal Nature on 17 October 2012.

ESO will hold an online press conference to announce the results and assess their impact, offering journalists the opportunity to discuss with the scientists. The conference will take place on Tuesday 16 October 2012 at 16:00 CEST."

Focus on the words, 'remarkable exoplanet', 'announce the result and assess their (results') impact'. TPTB in astronomy and astrophysics are extremely tight lipped about this.
I can truly say this much, the media conference shall evoke a shock and awe effect, the likes of which have not been discussed in many many years. Be prepared and listen, watch the web, tweeter feeds, emailing lists and what not, because come tomorrow, we will be floored!

I urge my fello brothers and sisters on ATS to add whatever info you may gather or that which you may already have on this topic here. I am excited, the time has come.

Link: www.eso.org...

The discovery is that of a "WaterWorld" in the goldilocks zone. This is big in the scientific world, but not all that suprizing. Some posts have asked, "what does it matter if we can't get there?"

The REAL point is.. What if they were there first, and THEY know how to get HERE?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

(grabs the popcorn)

Damn this gets me excited. The anticipation is killing me!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
David Wilcock is just a charlatan who is not in the know about anything. He has made disclosure predictions for years and it has never materialised.

every time there is an announcement coming, Wilcock says it will be disclosure, then when it's not disclosure he always comes up with some sort of excuse that the people families were threatened so they had to change their minds last minute....same old story...
edit on 16-10-2012 by grantbeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sensible1

anything to back that claim?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
David Wilcock is just a charlatan who is not in the know about anything. He has made disclosure predictions for years and it has never materialised.

every time there is an announcement coming, Wilcock says it will be disclosure, then when it's not disclosure he always comes up with some sort of excuse that the people families were threatened so they had to change their minds last minute....same old story...

Maybe ^^THIS^^ explains his 300 paragraph long blog posts. dug a lot of holes

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I've read David's recent book and all of his statements are backed with facts and can be researched.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed

Isn't he the guy who went in the woods with a few of his followers and took a picture of a moth, and claimed it was a light being?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join