It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish independence: Cameron and Salmond strike referendum deal

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tdk84

Not sure about that.. I could be a Brit living in Spain, don't make me Spanish. I'd keep all my rights when returning to the UK.

After some consideration I've sort of changed my mind a bit, but it sure is a difficult one.

Someone who was born in Scotland yet has chosen to work and live elsewhere within the UK surely has a right to vote, but those of Scottish heritage born outside Scotland should have no more right than say I have of voting on Irish matters.

And should non-Scots who are resident in Scotland be denied a vote?
Of course not - they've at least got that bit right.

Then again, it would make it hard to register to vote?

I'm sure that in this day and age some workable solution could be found.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rebroadcast
This is doing wonders for the English Nationalist cause, and soon the demands will grow, and English independence will be talked about.I couldn't care less for the Scottish or Scotland, as long as England benefits from this and Scotland takes its fair share of the national debt with it, they could vote to become a department of France for all I care.

And yet you took the time out of your day to post this? Ok. You don't care.. Well now you can get back to reading the Sun.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Gordon Brown calls on SNP to answer independence questions

At last someone from Scotland looking at the bigger picture, pitty its brown.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Interesting , if ex patriot scots are given a vote , then why not allow the rest of the UK to vote on our independence , afterall this is the same , they chose to leave scotland for a better life ! Why should they be allowed to vote , well why not allow everyone in the UK to vote , then we can get a clear picture of how everyone feels , if the union is better or not !

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The problem is a lot of English just wont be bothered, It would defiantly aid the independence cause.

In fact there is probably bias against Scotland due to recent tactics of labour to throw money at them in an attempt to appease.
edit on 5-11-2012 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2012 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Scottish independence: IFS study warns of long-term fiscal challenges

Went on trip to Cardiff this weekend for a mates 30th. I asked the question about Scotland, they all basically said, stuff them, all 9. I bet this is the view of the majority too.

I was also reading how Scotland may have further issues to the ones previously discussed in regards to joining the E.U. due to the fact countries like Spain don't want Catalonians getting clever ideas.

edit on 19-11-2012 by tdk84 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
wish i had time to read all posts.

personnaly i think the vote for scottish independence is nice to see, amazing that the they will let us vote truly amazing. i think we should vote independence just to give us a chance of setting some of our own rules. they always talk about joining eu doing this that, it all the same why bother splitting if it just for a little more money or freedom?

did i hear right the vote will only be for people in scotland at the time of the vote?

fredoom freedom lol

edit on 16-5-2013 by guidetube because: sp

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join