Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Bar-coded License Plates…just in time for per mile tax

page: 1
5

log in

join

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
October 15, 2012

Marti Oakley (C) 2012 All Rights Reserved
Bar coded car tags…….just in time for per mile tax




I recently had to renew my car tags for 2013. Instead of new little stickers to be applied to my old plates, I got brand spankin’ new plates and new little stickers for2013. The plates themselves are different too. These are flat…no raised lettering or numbers and, come to find out, they contain a bar code which is also pinned to my new registration. From what I have been able to glean from various sources, there is no need what-so-ever for there to be any numbers or letters at all on the plate; the bar code is embedded and anyone at all with access to a plate reader can scan my plates, log my location, track me where I go and right back home again. All of this information can be kept for indefinite periods of time. And they don’t need any other reason for doing it other than …they can!


ppjg.me... -for-per-mile-tax/

I wonder what can be done to stop this, or to stop the tracking. This is like the RFID Chips with kids at school. Anywhere someone has a scanner, they can track you wherever you go.




posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Do you think this will help to cut down on some of the out of control traffic? I am betting you would see a lot less "cruisin" or frivolous trips! How much do you think the tax should be? Enough to cover the crappy pot-holes? High gas prices and gas taxes don't seem to be putting a dent in either.

Maybe I should get my bike tires fixed!



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Do people know ANYTHING about the "Right to Travel"? You moan, groan and complain about the 'system' and have no idea that you SIGNED YOUR RIGHTS AWAY. What do you think D.M.V. is all about? When you get a driver's license, you waive your "Right to Travel"; and are SUBJECT to all their laws and regulations. So......STOP COMPLAINING. You signed up for that!!!!



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
We already have a "per mile" tax. It's called a gas tax. The heavier your vehicle the worse mpg you get, which is fair since a heavy vehicle strains the roads more than a light one does. In any case, the amount you pay in gas tax is directly related to your mileage. It IS a mileage tax. Why do we need another one?



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
Do people know ANYTHING about the "Right to Travel"? You moan, groan and complain about the 'system' and have no idea that you SIGNED YOUR RIGHTS AWAY. What do you think D.M.V. is all about? When you get a driver's license, you waive your "Right to Travel"; and are SUBJECT to all their laws and regulations. So......STOP COMPLAINING. You signed up for that!!!!


Hey STFU, you do not drive without a License, yourself, so why tell people to stop complaining. I used to be that person, you are being right now, and someone told me to STFU, because I was full of S**T.

Yes, you are correct in what you are saying. Those are facts, we have a right to travel, however, if you fight THAT fight, you won't be traveling anywhere much because you'll be in court fighting to get your car back, and in jail for driving without a license and even more prison time when you try to tell them they have no jurisdiction over you.

Instead of COMPLAINING about people complaining, YOU SHOULD DO SOMETHING!

I'm a Sovereign self taught law student of over 15 years now, so Son, remember who you are speaking to. I have a license and insurance because I can travel freely, this way without harassment. I register my car (automobile) and made it a "vehicle" so they would finally LEAVE ME ALONE. Now I go where I want, when I want and my car does not get taken from me constantly, only for me to fight in court, over every little issue.
edit on 15-10-2012 by magickmaster because: (no reason given)
edit on 15-10-2012 by magickmaster because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Bit much ego-waiving, don't ya think?




Originally posted by magickmaster

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
Do people know ANYTHING about the "Right to Travel"? You moan, groan and complain about the 'system' and have no idea that you SIGNED YOUR RIGHTS AWAY. What do you think D.M.V. is all about? When you get a driver's license, you waive your "Right to Travel"; and are SUBJECT to all their laws and regulations. So......STOP COMPLAINING. You signed up for that!!!!


Hey STFU, you do not drive without a License, yourself, so why tell people to stop complaining. I used to be that person, you are being right now, and someone told me to STFU, because I was full of S**T.

Yes, you are correct in what you are saying. Those are facts, we have a right to travel, however, if you fight THAT fight, you won't be traveling anywhere much because you'll be in court fighting to get your car back, and in jail for driving without a license and even more prison time when you try to tell them they have no jurisdiction over you.

Instead of COMPLAINING about people complaining, YOU SHOULD DO SOMETHING!

I'm a Sovereign self taught law student of over 15 years now, so Son, remember who you are speaking to. I have a license and insurance because I can travel freely, this way without harassment. I register my car (automobile) and made it a "vehicle" so they would finally LEAVE ME ALONE. Now I go where I want, when I want and my car does not get taken from me constantly, only for me to fight in court, over every little issue.
edit on 15-10-2012 by magickmaster because: (no reason given)
edit on 15-10-2012 by magickmaster because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
How are these plates supposed to track where you go? Are you saying they have chips in them? I will never commit to that, ever.



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
Bit much ego-waiving, don't ya think?




Originally posted by magickmaster

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
Do people know ANYTHING about the "Right to Travel"? You moan, groan and complain about the 'system' and have no idea that you SIGNED YOUR RIGHTS AWAY. What do you think D.M.V. is all about? When you get a driver's license, you waive your "Right to Travel"; and are SUBJECT to all their laws and regulations. So......STOP COMPLAINING. You signed up for that!!!!


Hey STFU, you do not drive without a License, yourself, so why tell people to stop complaining. I used to be that person, you are being right now, and someone told me to STFU, because I was full of S**T.

Yes, you are correct in what you are saying. Those are facts, we have a right to travel, however, if you fight THAT fight, you won't be traveling anywhere much because you'll be in court fighting to get your car back, and in jail for driving without a license and even more prison time when you try to tell them they have no jurisdiction over you.

Instead of COMPLAINING about people complaining, YOU SHOULD DO SOMETHING!

I'm a Sovereign self taught law student of over 15 years now, so Son, remember who you are speaking to. I have a license and insurance because I can travel freely, this way without harassment. I register my car (automobile) and made it a "vehicle" so they would finally LEAVE ME ALONE. Now I go where I want, when I want and my car does not get taken from me constantly, only for me to fight in court, over every little issue.
edit on 15-10-2012 by magickmaster because: (no reason given)
edit on 15-10-2012 by magickmaster because: (no reason given)

Not at all, this guy obviously knows a bit about this side of the law. I knew a guy and he had the same experiences. Always tied up in court, losing his car, even though he was in the right. This guy is right, stfu, stop complaining and DO SOMETHING! Nothing drastic of course...
edit on 10/15/2012 by SSDDay because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler
 


Because they want more of your money to keep you working.

If we don't keep the money coming in, then what is the point of our existence?

George Harrison hit the nail on the head when he wrote Tax Man. If everyone started walking they'd tax our feet!!



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SSDDay
 


Umm, barcode readers per chance?

It's not too diifiult to put these systems on traffic lights, slow traffic down on Motorways (Freeways) to enable the barcode readers to activate an invoice!! It's crazy, but hey, what you gonna do about it?



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by SSDDay
 


Umm, barcode readers per chance?

It's not too diifiult to put these systems on traffic lights, slow traffic down on Motorways (Freeways) to enable the barcode readers to activate an invoice!! It's crazy, but hey, what you gonna do about it?


Right now, there is a spray on material to stop license plate readers in California. That's legal to use because there is no law that requires the you to be "read" by these. So, some people spray this stuff on their plates and it causes a haziness that comes out in the photo.

I'm wondering if there is a plate cover that can be transparent that can be placed over the plate and then the barcode could not be read, somehow?

I do not think they can require us to be tracked by law, but this is how they sneak stuff in. We use it anyways, but fail to realize we can prevent it's use, legally.

Like when you place your license in the microwave and ruin it's card reader ability. No law again that. My friend did it by accident when he made popcorn. Oops sorry.



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978
 


What are you gunna do about it? That's a good question and everybody should be asking this. Simple for me, no license and don't give a reason for cops to pull me over. Avoid taxes much as I can and say # em'. Nobody owns me. Just waiting for this # to collapse because it will sooner rather than later.



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by magickmaster
 


It's got to be worth a try, but no doubt it will be everyone's responsibility to ensure that the barcode is readable at all times. In the U.K we have to put our vehicles through a test every year to ensure road worthiness, no doubt if this system is introduced here, then this will formulate part of that test.

Brakes in good working order - Check

Seatbelts operating correctly - Check

Barcode readable - Check



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SSDDay
 


Good for you!!

Let's try peaceful non compliance, they usually don't have answers for that. Although in the U.K the use of Tasers seems to be on the increase.

But, if you don't give a reason to be pulled over, then you should be okay.



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by magickmaster
 


It's got to be worth a try, but no doubt it will be everyone's responsibility to ensure that the barcode is readable at all times. In the U.K we have to put our vehicles through a test every year to ensure road worthiness, no doubt if this system is introduced here, then this will formulate part of that test.

Brakes in good working order - Check

Seatbelts operating correctly - Check

Barcode readable - Check


But we do have different laws here. We are allowed to take our trash to city dumps instead of paying taxes and fines for overfilling. Just saying. Maybe we can do things here about it, that would be more difficult for folks in the U.K.?



posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Tax by mile means less travel, which means less motel and restaurant business. Less shopping. A huge economy killer of unprecedented proportion. Less travel is less freedom and will ensure total wipe-out of any political party responsible for implementing it at the next election. Political third rail using your tongue while televised live on PBS.



posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by SSDDay
 


Although in the U.K the use of Tasers seems to be on the increase.



Hahaha same here in the US! I'm lucky to live in the 2nd least patrolled state in US, can avoid them if you're raised to be good at it LOL.



posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Why do we need another one?


Because the people who collect the taxes are insatiably greedy beasts.

If the people will accept it the state will impose it.

The gain is power and property.





new topics

top topics



 
5

log in

join