It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Explosion On Chinese Motorway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Sorry if this has been posted, I searched and could only find omethign about an explosion at a coal mine back in 2004.

Anyhow I'v just come across this video, any ideas what caused it? Its absoluteley huge - The scene is like something out of a movie where people are running away from their cars as the smoke tumbles towards them!

I also searched the net but could not find anything about this. If we go by the dates of the uploads, then this happened around 6-7 days ago, but I can not find one single English link.

Any ideas?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Now you made me wondering too. Hope that something comes up what it is

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm gonna say a disabled vehicle was on fire and then it exploded

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My guess is a over turned semi truck hauling liquid propane. The smoke isn't smoke its propane and it found a ignition source which caused it to ignite causing the tank to explode. If you watch close you can see that the white cloud ignites and all of it catches fire.

I've seen a 200gallon propan tank blow and it looked very similar. That's just my opinion I could be wrong. Cool video though.
edit on 2012/10/15 by ussoldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
This is the first I heard of it.

The explosion is confined to that narrow valley too. All the worse for those folks on the road.

top topics

join