It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democratic Senators taking shots at Kerry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I have seen several article where Democratic Senators, and not just Zell Miller, have been praising the President and are taking shots at Kerry. I still think this is part of the Hilary 08 group. I wonder if Kerry really is just a token canindate.

----

Mr. Schumer, a Democrat, took on his two colleagues in the world's greatest deliberative body, John Kerry and John Edwards, who are his party's nominees for president and vice president. Mr. Schumer did not attack them by name, but anyone who has been even casually following the presidential race knows that Messrs. Kerry and Edwards both voted for the war in Iraq but against $87 billion to support the troops there. Mr. Schumer voted for the war and for the $87 billion. "I voted for the $87 billion to back up our soldiers," Mr. Schumer said. "I'm never going to leave our soldiers high and dry, and I didn't when I voted for the $87 billion."

What a remarkable moment. New York's senior senator is accusing his own party's presidential and vice presidential nominee of voting "to leave our soldiers high and dry." ....

Senator Lieberman, another Democrat who understands the security question, has been traipsing around suggesting that Mr. Bush would be better for Israel than Mr. Kerry. In respect of the issue of negotiating a settlement between Israel and the Palestinian Arabs, Mr. Schumer certainly made clear yesterday that he has differences with Mr. Kerry, who has been witheringly critical of Mr. Bush's handling of the issue.

www.nysun.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I keep hearing about the Hilary '08 theory but I thought that as recently as last week she was on the campaign trial for Kerry. Out of curiosity, if she is campaigning for Kerry how does that help her for '08? I don't want Kerry winning so I'm all for anyone working AGAINST Kerry being elected but it seems like Hilary is working to get Kerry elected.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Jemison, I don't think the Democrats would ever forgive her if she went out didn't go out an campaign for him. I have not seen her anywhere but "safe" states for the Democrats, like Illinois.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I believe in the Hillary '08 theory. "Keep your friends close but keep your enimies closer" comes to mind when thinking of Hillary campaining for Kerry. By the way, anyone watch last week when Kerry was in Des Mois Iowa? They were playing Twisted Sister "we're not gonna take it". I thought to myself "does he want to lose....why would they be playing a Twisted Sister song in Des Mois?" Maybe was Hillary's suggestion?

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well, if Hillary was on the campaign trail for Kerry, don't you think it would make CNN?

She's not exactly inconspicuous.

Hillary has been quite silent ever since the "bypass".

top topics

join