It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for Cloud Atlas

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
This movie, is going to be something else. Something we have never seen on the big screen. I have read the novel 5 years ago and it left me completely mind blown and deeply inspired. To think a movie could properly bring this sense of aw that the book left me with was hard to believe. Until I came across the trailer today.

Cloud Atlas explores how the actions and consequences of individual lives impact one another throughout the past, the present and the future. Action, mystery and romance weave dramatically through the story as one soul is shaped from a killer into a hero and a single act of kindness ripples across centuries to inspire a revolution in the distant future. Each member of the ensemble appears in multiple roles as the stories move through time

Watch the whole thing, do not be deceived by the romance looking style of the movie from the beginning of the trailer. Watch the whole thing, you are in for an emotional ride.

It is so full of passion and heart and empathy that it feels completely unlike any other modern film in its range either measured through scope of budget or sweep of action.

The stories and the scope are tremendous, and it takes an extremely talented cast, guided by extremely talented writer-directors, to pull off such a feat.

a unique and beautiful work of film art that dares to dream big in a way we rarely see from either studios or independent sources.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Awesome. Really looking forward to this movie now. Thanks for making me aware of it.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing. I had not heard of the book nor the movie. Looks good and now I have to read the book!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
S&F good find and many thanks for sharing
I watched Promethius recently first pointed out to me by an ATS member
Cant wait to watch this one thanks again OP

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamLaw

I have been excited about this movie for a while now. Can't wait.
2nd

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AdamLaw

Oddly Hollyweird no longer needs contracted promoters in the digital age a little buzz creates un-paid solicitors. You might wait until the actual movie comes out before touting how stunning it will be?

This is just an observation and I mean no offense ok? I actually am thinking of seeing this movie or perhaps reading the book first. But I have seen well done trailers before only to be let down. I will wait till I hear a little word of mouth if it lives up to the hype.

I remember going to the Matrix with only one comment from a friend before...
Neo: Why do my eyes hurt?
Morpheus: You’ve never used them before.

I came out of that movie doubting the very reality I was walking around in, will Cloud Atlas do the same? Only time will confirm that.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Holy s**t! That looks absolutely awesome.
Never heard of the book, but what an imagination.
Can't wait to see the movie, but will definitely read the book first.
Thanks for sharing!

S.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamLaw

I have seen trailers in the ads for this movie and was intreged by them. I was unaware of the book. If I may ask, who is the author?

new topics

top topics

join