It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you guys consider..UFO Pics/Videos

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by thetiler

What the heck is that?

I have been looking at this photo thru a magnifying lamp. This is the most intriguing photo from Mars I have ever seen. It does not look natural at all, unless it is some giant vegetable. About two thirds down the photo strip you can see a black area. It is probably rocks in shade. That is the only dark area that resembles the “pipe” coming out of the right “balloon bag”, which can be seen about one third down the photo. The only way I see that the "pipe" can be natural and be that black is if it is a gorge we are looking down into. But it does not look like a crack. It does not look like rock. It looks like piping. Or a giant tree trunk. It looks like it is above the ground.

The “pipe” that runs parallel to it on the left looks totally different, like it is made up of rectangular blocks. The “spew” at the end is darker than the “spew” on the right. The one on the right looks like it is flowing in air while the one on the left looks like it is fossilized, like it is part of the ground. But they could just be different colored liquids.

It looks like there is a dirt road running up the hill on the right of these bags. Maybe it is some kind of sand fall, where sand would be blown down a ravine.

I think you should post this photo in its own thread discussion to get everyone’s opinion on what it could be. Because it does look like some kind of alien machine. Made by people that have no idea of symmetry.

www.msss.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I tried, can't see anything unusual there, could you put a red circle around it?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ScientificUAPer

It is about 1/3 down from the top of the photo strp. It looks like 2 bags with pipes blowing water out of them.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Shrike
No one here or on any forum is an authority on what is best or worst.

I disagree. Actually, everybody here is an authority when it comes to judging what looks pretty good, is plausible, and might be something worth looking at. That fact that we might not be "experts" when it comes to judging UFO photos is somewhat irrelevant. Photo experts can add their two cents as to why they think a photo might not be tampered with, but they're in no better position to identify an unknown than anyone else. A perfectly legitimate photo might be of some unknown atmospheric phenomenon, or a full-scale model, or an alien spaceship.

Without additional evidence, a photo is of very limited value no matter if it's being looked at by an expert or by ignorant peons like us.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect

It is about 1/3 down from the top of the photo strp. It looks like 2 bags with pipes blowing water out of them.

Oh, ok, well, I see two parallel ridges, kinda meandering in their paths, like normal ridges.

It looks like there's either a mineral ore or an impact skid mark from an asteroid or something, on the left one.

The one on the right looks either touched up, or the 'spray' is actually a sign of possibly liquid water having run recently, or there's a spot where sandy material gets blown through from the south. I think the one on the right is touched up though (not retouched, but touched up, iow. exaggerated), but we need the original pic to be sure. Where's the original one?

Actually, I think I heard about this pic on Paracast where they had a tabloid journalist from N.Y. explain that this was basically proof to him of alien constructions on Mars. Hmm, I disagree. And like I said, it looks shined up.

edit on 17-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

An asteroid skid mark or a line of mineral ore? Well that is one way to look at it.
The line on the left looks like it is made out of rectangular blocks, some at right angles to others.The black line on the right looks different. More like a pipe with fittings than a hose.
I have an easier time seeing the journalist point of view than yours.
Does Malin touch up its photos?

edit on 17-10-2012 by spiritualarchitect because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect

An asteroid skid mark running perpendicular to a line of mineral ore? Well that is one way to look at it. ...

Actually, I wrote:

Originally posted by ScientificUAPer

It looks like there's either a mineral ore or an impact skid mark from an asteroid or something, on the left one...

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

I was responding to your post pre-edit. Thanks for clarification. I do not know why this would not be the original. It would be nice if someone could blow this image up for a closer look.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I didn't edit that, but nevermind..

Does anyone know who originally hosted the image we're looking at? That's almost as interesting as where the original is, I think

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Stevie777

Hi Stevie,

I'd suggest that though there are a number of multi-witnessed more recent images available that are highly credible, I believe the better or more believable numbers of 'real' images (film/pictures) are Pre-nineties reports. That is, before the personal video camera took flight. That's where I started (70s Serling Documentary) in /83 and continue to do most of my ebe/ufo research (1945-92) to this day with exception of multi-witnessed stuff.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Decoy

Thank Decoy....will do.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The Tiler ~ middle of page 2
It is coming right off the Malin site.

www.msss.com...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>