It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you guys consider..UFO Pics/Videos

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
to be the best UFO Video's/Pictures on this site or anywhere else for that matter...

I have been looking for sometime here and elsewhere and i see nothing of what i read....By that i mean, the pics and video are what you would expect from hand held cameras, phones etc...i was just wondering are there any outstanding Footage or pics of any kind out there....please dont Flame me if i dont get my point across in the manner that you would expect....BTW..I'm a Newbie, so go easy on me please..

Cheers..Stevie.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Stevie777

I have been looking at UFO pics and videos for a while. That is what initially led me to find ATS. It fascinates me, but, the problem is most are just grainy vids of far off lights in the sky that could be just about anything......or some jerk that has too much time on his hands and claims his little cgi vid is real just for attention. They are far and few in between, but if you stick with it you can find some really cool ones sometimes that honestly can't be explained. Be patient.

edit on 10/15/2012 by billy197300 because: ms

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The very best place to start is here. Good luck!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
The very best place to start is here. Good luck!

I thought i would put it out to the members just to see what their opinion was on what they consider good pics and videos, but thanks for you input...most helpful.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

I have been looking at UFO pics and videos for a while. That is what initially led me to find ATS. It fascinates me, but, the problem is most are just grainy vids of far off lights in the sky that could be just about anything......or some jerk that has too much time on his hands and claims his little cgi vid is real just for attention. They are far and few in between, but if you stick with it you can find some really cool ones sometimes that honestly can't be explained. Be patient.

edit on 10/15/2012 by billy197300 because: ms

Trouble is i have a short attention span as i've not been well for a bit and believe it or not i get woozy looking at the internet for extended periods of time...i just thought someone could direct me to a few pics and videos of interest....Thanks for your reply...i'll keep looking, but this site really is massive....so much information on many subjects....Cheers Stevie.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

You could start with a simple Google search for "UFO vids and pics".
2nd

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

You could start with a simple Google search for "UFO vids and pics".
2nd

And you think i havn't done this on numerous occasions.....that's why i ended up here..

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I would say 99% of all UFO cases are hoaxes, misidentified objects or flat out fakes. The other 1% are just unknown, natural phenomenon or unidentified military craft.

The most interesting case surrounding photos of an alleged UFO that I have seen, is the 1960's case of Rex Heflin. I watched something where the photos were analyzed by a physicist, a computer graphics guy....a photo expert and all concluded that the object in the photos was large and was taken approximately 600-700 feet away...which supports Rex Heflin's original claims. I suppose the possibility that it was a hoax exists but, it's definitely one of the more intriguing cases that involved photos of a UFO...in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Thanks UO...i'll look that up..

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
In my opinion, the best evidence for the existence of UFOs will never be a photograph or video. It's simply too easy to have reasonable doubt about the origins of the object(s), such as thinking they might be mundane objects from a bad angle, or just flat-out accusing the photographer of hoaxing the whole thing. It doesn't matter if you film a close-encounter of the third kind, it'll just be written off as CGI and you'll be hounded for not having a better camera.

But since you asked, I think the best UFO video I've seen is the Nellis Air Force Base UFO.
The best picture is the one from the Battle of Los Angeles--and that's the actual event, not the movie.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
OP, since there are many threads about this already, let me say this about recommending UFO-pics: You have to know your audience. Some people believe everything you throw at them, others believe nothing. I prefer recommending to other sceptics. But the field of photos narrows greatly, in that case

Since you're here, you probably think there are actually non-human craft/entities about. In that case: You really need to know the source!
Usually, the 'best' pictures are from the worst sources.

In my experience, usually the 'best' cases have miserable or no pics. Either they got sent off to a secret lab, or they're shaky handheld pics of a quality where it's irrelevant whether it's a 'real' or a fake UFO

Are there any 'real' and good ones? Yes. Here's a stunner, taken by an ATS poster

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now are there any E.T. UFO pics that are 'real' and excellent?

There are just a couple imo, perhaps one of the most intriguing is the satellite pic from Costa Rica. Here's a thread www.abovetopsecret.com...:

What we need are pics from O'Hare and the Arizona giant triangle. That kind of stuff, recent stuff. What with all the smart phones etc. It's depressing how little evidence reaches the public in recent cases like that.

edit on 15-10-2012 by ScientificUAPer because: shorter

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

With 150,000,000 official sightings, even if you take UO's minimal 1%, you get:

1% of 150 000 000 = 1 million 500 thousand alien controlled craft.
edit on 15-10-2012 by spiritualarchitect because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Have you seen: Best UFO pictures 1870 - 2012

www.ufocasebook.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualarchitect

I would say, don't waste your time reading what Un Ob writes.

Of course you would. Since you know, I encourage healthy skepticism and that any UFO claims be exhaustively analyzed and tested for actual evidence.

Reasonable human beings don't reach conclusions on faith or belief...they require evidence to support them.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damsel

The best picture is the one from the Battle of Los Angeles--and that's the actual event, not the movie.

That is also an awesome case to look into. There was a good amount of evidence, photographic proof and it was documented by the local press and military.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

You mention that there are 150 million 'official sightings'.

This is a pretty hairy claim. How do you describe an 'official sighting'? And what source are you relying on?

Thanks for your help.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

In trying to abide by the ATS rules, I edited my post. Not in time though.

“The other 1% are just unknown, natural phenomenon or unidentified military craft.”

That leans toward flat out denial and will get you nowhere in your search for the truth.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Snippy23

I and the other half dozen people I know who have seen UFO’s have never reported them.
That means 100% of the people I know of.
An “official sighting” would be one that was reported.

www.ufoevidence.org...

General / Mass Sightings

"The number of documented general sightings in the modern age numbers approximately 120,000, of which 20,000 have been described as landings. Numerous surveys and opinions polls conducted over the last 50 years consistently report that between 5%-10% of the US population has seen what they consider to be a UFO. According to the United Nations, since 1947, approximately 150 million people have been witnesses to UFO sightings throughout the world"

150 MILLION

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Maybe it would be the Tremonton Utah footage from 1952 filmed by Warrant Officer Delbert Newhouse

Analysis of the film continued for months. Analysts tried everything they could think of to identify the objects but failed. The contents of the report, considered together with the apparent reliability of the witness, made a case that the Air Force could not explain. A spokesman for the group at the Wright Field photo lab said: "We don't know what they are but they aren't airplanes or balloons, and we don't think they are birds" (see Ruppelt, Edward J., The Report on Unidentified Flying Objects; 1956).

Navy experts were not as reserved in their appraisal of the film. Their report said that the objects were internally lighted spheres and were not reflecting sunlight. They also suggested a velocity for the objects of 3,780 miles per hour if they were five miles away. If they were ten miles away, they would have been traveling 7,560 miles per hour. But, if they were only 2½ miles away the speed would have been 1,890 mph, and at three quarters of a mile they would have been flying at 472 mph.
www.nicap.org...

edit on 15-10-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Well, there’s a bunch to choose from, that’s for sure…

My personal faves, though by no means exhaustive, and many of which I’m still sitting on the fence regarding authenticity about, but, for a few to consider (and p.s. – don’t shoot the messenger! I know many of these have been debated to death here on ATS and elsewhere – that’s ok). The OP simply asked for ones we thought were the best. The one’s I consider the best are the ones that make me think, ponder the possibility, maybe send a little chill up my spine when I first see them. Many fall in to this category (even “proven” false ones), but here’s a handful of ones I’ve found myself looking at for long periods and just… well wondering “if”…:

Then, of course, there’s a few of these too-good-to-be-true ones, which I’m forever prepared to hear the disappointing news on (and pretty much shredded by ATS and other CGI analysts…). But you asked for what we considered some of the best – these may be some of the best fakes! :

Well - have fun boys! (and, *cough*, girls too, of course). And ...keep looking up!

edit on 10/15/2012 by Outrageo because:

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join