It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A little Android Help?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Hey folks.....

I'm looking for a little help Android wise. I have a galaxy S2 i1900 fully rooted and have tried out a few different custom roms.

I've been trying a few different ones today and noticed an issue that I can't get my head around....

I've tried several different roms, some ICS, some Jelly Bean, and none of them give me the full rom controls in relation to my lock screen. I can't add or remove lock screen apps, I can't change the style of lockscreen, nothing. I'm stumped as I've wiped it each time, wiped the cache, and still only my old revolt version works, all others give me basically 3 options for my lock screen, display weather, and the music player options.

Anyone good with android have any advice? Is this some setting somewhere that's corrupted or not getting wiped?

I'm going to try cm9 and hope I get the lock screen controls back as I'd prefer to be using 4.1.2 but right now the only rom that still gives me lock controls is 4.0.4 (i believe)

====
ETA: cm9 works fine, lockscreen controls appear under rom control as they should, not sure what to make of this but any and all aokp builds seem to be missing these controls, though i know they are there and they are there in my backup.
edit on 15-10-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

It has been my experience that once you root an Android device your access to apps, widgets, etc... is very limited, by design of course. There are files that you can download that will circumvent this, and you can find them on-line in various Android forums.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

It has been my experience that once you root an Android device your access to apps, widgets, etc... is very limited, by design of course.

Not at all. Rooting merely opens it up for customization. Once i install a custom rom, I pick and choose what I want. the only limitation is the google apps can not be supplied with custom roms, so you have to download and install the appropriate pack for your rom. In fact, I have much more control over everything when moving away from the stock rom.

I'm using pure android roms right now, not stock OEM bloatware. But something appears to be messed up with AOKP roms for me

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I think your best bet for answers is going to be to head over to www.xda-developers.com... They are very helpful and a great resource for anything Android.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Vodo34861

Yeah, I think i might just have to. I've installed the experimental cm10 (android 4.1.2) and it's working flawlessly. There's only a few minor settings that are not customizable as they would be from AOKP, but it's a pretty stable rom so far.

I can only assume it's either a kernel issue or some type of data not being wiped correctly from my phone when i factory reset, but it's not important as I got 4.1.2 on there eventually

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I know my share about android and roms but not having a newer device, and not having the need to look at the newer builds I am a little out of the loop to really help you. I do hope you get it all sorted and get everything where you want it to be, because if you want something I am sure you are not alone.

top topics

join