It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice For 28 Year Old [Energy, Motivation, Supplements, Etc]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I'm hoping I will get some honest advice here, the theory being this forum will not be polluted with people trying to sell their product like a health or fitness forum would be

I'm 28, up until I was 18 I was an amateur boxer so was very fit but since going to University and then going into full time work, I haven't really got the motivation to work out as much anymore.

I've got dumbells and a benchpres in the house and do them from time to time, I still do press ups etc but nothing really like I used to do.

I try and eat as healthily as possible, although I eat a lot of crap when with my girlfriend

I'm not overweight or really that unfit as my job keeps me physically active, I just feel a real lack of motivation from time to time.

Sometimes when I wake up in the morning I am really dehydrated even after drinking water before bed and it takes me a good 10-15 minutes before I get rid of the aches and pains.

I'm guessing this is not really too good for someone who is only 28!

So, are there any good supplements out there to give me a boost. Looking for natural supplements that will help me wake up refreshed and energised and give me a boost throughout the day and the motivation to work out more.

Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Sounds like you may be a little deficient in some minerals, but nothing overkill. That drinking without slaking the thirst, I always associated that with a lack of electrolytes (salts).

I'm 32, 6'3" and I let myself go from 27 to now. It has been a 6 month journey of doing a combination of Insanity and P90X (a hybrid of both on a more sedate schedule, like 3-4 times a week), but I'm definitely better off than I was. I was sitting at 230lbs before I decided this was BS and I had to fix it, because *I too* had serious motivation issues. I still do, but meh... Anyway, 175 now and looking decent.

The only way I know to fix a motivation issue is to just DO it (damn you Nike) and get in a rhythm of doing working out or whatever, at a specified time in a specified schedule, and do not make excuses for yourself. Once I got past those excuses (bloated from dinner, tired, sore, headache, whatever) and just started moving, I found myself able to keep it up and the motivation actually became self-propelled somewhat.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Here's a few things you could try, a high protein diet. Barley grass powder, this tastes like crap but goes down nicely with a protein shake like syntha 6 peanut butter. The shake tastes that good that it hides the taste of the barley grass. Slow release carbs will help too and multivitamins. You could also brainwash yourself with videos like these

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I'm 49 and have a fairly physical job ( heavy equipment mechanic ) I go to the gym usually 3 times a week . I have been taking 2 products for the last 2 years with a daily multivitamin . One is Vegegreens the other is Phytoberry , they come in a powder vegegreens gives me my daily vegetable intake plus there are a lot of different herbs and seaweeds and phytoberry is an antioxidant with all kinds of exotic berries ! It's kinda pricey but it works for me !! It's manufactured by progressive nutritional in Toronto Canada . In Canada I get it at Popeyes supplements or GNC and most health food stores has it .

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

Balance is the best option. This way you do not drive yourself crazy watching everything you eat. Also do worry too much about it, that’s probably where a lot of your energy is going.

My experience is just because something says ‘organic’ means nothing. Try and avoid white flour, corn products in general – in addition to high fructose corn syrup, processed food, and preservatives. For instance; instead of JIFF eat Almond butter (which the only ingredient is … roasted almonds).

I really like a product called RAW MEAL, you may to if you want to research it.

If you can try to exercise four times a week; by this I mean 45 minutes of lifting and 15-20 of cardio. So this is ideal: Chest/Decline – Back/Traps – Incline/Shoulders – Arms – Legs. DO NOT SKIP LEG DAY! Or forget working out all together, and do not worry about how much you lift, it's moot and will come with time.

Also a good mattress is a must. If somehow you can wake up naturally everyday instead of relying on an alarm clock – your energy will go up 1000%

Good Luck!

edit on 15-10-2012 by ConspiracyBuff because: face!

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys.

It seems I need to just get up and do more exercise rather than putting it off all the time

I'll be sure to check out a few of the recommended supplements too, thanks for the advice to all who posted.

Much appreciated

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by gibbajabba
Here's a few things you could try, a high protein diet. Barley grass powder, this tastes like crap but goes down nicely with a protein shake like syntha 6 peanut butter. The shake tastes that good that it hides the taste of the barley grass. Slow release carbs will help too and multivitamins. You could also brainwash yourself with videos like these

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Cheers mate, that Barley Grass seems like a very good supplement.

Not a huge fan of multivitamins, but will be sure to try the Barley Grass

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

Cheers, I think I just need to stop being lazy and making excuses or putting a workout 'off until tomorrow'

That P9OX looks really good and exhausting

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by gibbajabba

This Barley Grass sounds incredible, do you recommend any particular brand- powder or would capsules be ok etc?

Thanks for pointing me in this direction

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
D-ribose

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012
reply to post by fourthmeal

Cheers, I think I just need to stop being lazy and making excuses or putting a workout 'off until tomorrow'

That P9OX looks really good and exhausting

Yeah Tony Horton gets busy in P90X and so should you, but it isn't unmanageable and you go at your own pace. The biggest thing is to just keep a schedule, so it becomes a good habit instead of the alternative, which is lying around watching TV or something. That's what has done it for me.

top topics

join