It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Legacy of Dr Frankenstein [BMHWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
“No, no, no, you incompetent fool. You have the electrodes on backwards. You’re going to blow him up when we turn the power on. Get out of the way, and let me do it,” Bert yelled to his assistant Morgan. You just couldn’t find reliable help in this town. Oh, what he wouldn’t do to have his own version of his ancestor’s assistant Igor.

The whole “resurrecting the dead” thing hadn’t turned out too well so far for Bert (which had been quite a disappointment to his dead father). Was it his fault that the sight of blood made him sick? The thought of digging up bodies and cutting them up for parts made him want to lose his breakfast, much to the amusement of his younger brother. Maybe he just wasn’t cut out to be the inheritor of the family trade.

When his father passed the infamous journals of Dr. Frankenstein to him a few years ago, he had decided that he would do his best to follow in the footsteps of the rest of his lineage and work towards the reanimation of the dead. He had done his best to further his family’s studies, but had eventually traded the brain for a computer, and the rest of his creation’s body was a mass of wires, gears, hydraulics, and various parts intended to duplicate the workings of the human body. In Bert’s mind it was NOT a robot. That word was blasphemy in the Frankenstein family.

“If you labeled things, I’d know where to hook up the electrodes,” Morgan mumbled back. He was beginning to regret taking the job. He should have known better than responding to a job ad on Craigslist.

“Just check the pressure on the hydraulic reservoir. I refilled it last night after fixing the leak in the left bicep, but I haven’t checked the pressure again tonight. We’re going to need everything perfect when we start.”

“Sure, Bert,” Morgan replied with more than just a hint of sarcasm.

“I’ve asked you to call me Doctor.” Bert was mad. As the boss he thought he demanded a little more respect.

“Whatever Doctor BERT,” Moran laughed as he walked away.

Hours passed, and all the checks were now made. The time had come to bring Bert’s creation to life.

“At least we didn’t have to wait for a lightning storm,” Bert chuckled nervously as he threw the switch sending the electric current through the body of the lifeless mass of non-organic matter.

He had expected the process to take a few moments, but in an instant after throwing the switch, the body sat up straight, looked directly into the eyes of it's creator, and began laughing.

“I’m ALIVE!” was heard coming through the laughter.

“It’s about time I was brought back. I was getting tired of waiting,” the now living body said to Bert.

A look of confusion formed on Bert’s face. “How could you be waiting? You were nothing but wires and hoses until a moment ago.”

“I am Victor Frankenstein, the re-animator of life, the one who defeats death. I’ve lingered in spirit for generations, waiting to return so that I may once again resume my work.” With those words, Victor lunged from the table grabbing Bert by the head, crushing his skull with the force of his hydraulic muscles.

Morgan, the once useless assistant to Bert, stood frozen with fear.

Victor let Bert’s lifeless corpse drop to the floor, and turned to Morgan.

“We’re going to need a new brain, Igor.”

“Yesssss…Master,” Morgan replied, just a few seconds before his head was torn from his body.

edit on 15-10-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I enjoyed this, did you write it?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by AudioGhost

I sure did...I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks for taking the time to read it.

join