It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming To a Warzone Near You: Kamikaze Drones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Thought drone technology was nasty: suicide drones are coming. The United States of America, South Korea and North Korea are all testing suicide drones. They would be able to loiter over a target for long periods of time. They also would be able to be pulled back encase their is an issue with collateral damage. The major drawback though is that they are cheap to make. Hezbollah and other non-state actors could make them. Great:

thediplomat.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I was wondering what the point would be since missles are pretty much the same thing but, I see the difference is they could call off one of these where as with a missle once you launch its pretty much not stopping,

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

The difference would be a hover drone.. The level of tech needed is a short stop at something like radioshack and a small explosive.

The Accuracy of the hit is insured with a mounted camera that you watch on your computer screen, or even phone..

Have you guys seen that remote controlled chopper commercial that uses the a smart phone as the controller? You could build drones just like that one, just reverse engineer it and add some rdx or tnt or something.

or

Just build larger versions of these guys and give them bombs.. The bombs would double as a self destruct to guard any high tech parts, and as a suicide bomb..

edit on 10/15/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Okay so instead of having the drone circling for hours, and firing a missile when needed, they will send the drone crashing down on the target.

What advantage does this have over using a laser guided AGM64 missile ?

None whatsoever, and this leads me to believe that the whole article is bullcrap. There's no need for Kamikaze drones, the only need for "Kamikaze-something" is a lack of maneuverability of the projectile. A relict of the past.

*EIDT* I see, they are supposed to be a "poor mans cruise missile", however I would not call them drones then but remotely controlled AVBIED's ?

Airborne-Vehicle-Based-Improvised-Explosive-Devices.
edit on 15-10-2012 by H1ght3chHippie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Kamakazi Drone?

Isn't that a missile of some form?

reply to post by Dustytoad

Awesome video.

edit on 15/10/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Holy crap! It's those things from the Orange Box...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
Kamakazi Drone?

lol yes.

A "kamikaze drone" is like... 1940's tech - the first "kamikaze drone" was called the Vengeance One (or V1 to the less informed) back then lol... now its "kamikaze drone" lol...

Damn this is so stupid that actually hurts to type... lol

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Kamakazi Drone?

Similar.
Kamikazi drones loiter and wait for targets of opportunity.

I guess I should add, targets of opportunity include homes with women and minor children inside, by the current standards.
edit on 15-10-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Yes its called the "Hunter Killer drone" from The Terminator. Not really a new idea...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

You make it sound like they would purposefully target civilians.

Come on......Next thing, you'll be telling me that they will be targeting Afghani weddings.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
honestly im surprised that the terrorists havent strapped C4 to an rc plane/rc car and killed people like that already.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

reply to post by butcherguy

You make it sound like they would purposefully target civilians.

Come on......Next thing, you'll be telling me that they will be targeting Afghani weddings.

Nah, I think that they target homes of terrorists.
It's just that I hate to see them blow up women and children along with the bad guys. The chivalry has disappeared from warfare. ( I know that they've butchered women and children in warfare from time immemorial, just let me dream, ok?)

top topics

join