It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks Approaches Anonymous With Caution

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
Also, I think you misunderstand this information.
I think that this is a legitimate statement on behalf of Anon. The FBI would NOT make such public anouncements. When they compromised ("anonymous servers?") Anon they would not start speaking out on behalf of them, that would send an obvious signal to active members of Anon that they were compromised, and they could oppose the message. The FBI when compromising them, would simply lay low and use it to collect info, not to make a pointless denouncement of WL's "paywall."

I'm sorry, I'm also confused.. You do realise this is a statement from Assange?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by detachedindividual

To the poster just above this post, if Anon aren't good enough for you, what do you propose as a solution?

i'm hoping to see something like this soon, the psychopaths running things are getting ready to do precisely what they've been falsely-accusing/projecting-on anarchists since day 0: wreck the world, in order to rule the ruins.

The Bureau of Sabotage

The Bureau of Sabotage is a fictional government entity set in two of Frank Herbert's science fiction novels, Whipping Star and The Dosadi Experiment, and first introduced in his 1964 short story "The Tactful Saboteur". It is colloquially known as BuSab. Jorj X. McKie, the protagonist of all the works listed below, is a saboteur extraordinary first appeared in the story "A Matter of Traces" in 1958.

Background
In Herbert's fiction, sometime in the far future, government becomes terrifyingly efficient. Red tape no longer exists: laws are conceived of, passed, funded, and executed within hours, rather than months. The bureaucratic machinery becomes a juggernaut, rolling over human concerns and welfare with terrible speed, jerking the universe of sentients one way, then another, threatening to destroy everything in a fit of spastic reactions. In short, the speed of government goes beyond sentient control (in this fictional universe, many alien species co-exist, with a common definition of sentience marking their status as equals).

History
Founded by the mysterious "Five Ears" of unknown species, BuSab began as a terrorist organization whose sole purpose was to frustrate the workings of government in order to give sentients a chance to reflect upon changes and deal with them. Having saved sentiency from its government, BuSab was officially recognized as a necessary check on the power of government. It provides a natural (and lucrative) outlet for society's regular crop of troublemakers, who must be countered by society's regular crop of "do-gooders".

First a corps, then a bureau, BuSab gained legally recognized powers to interfere in the workings of any world, of any species, of any government or corporation, answerable only to themselves. Their motto is, "In Lieu of Red Tape."
Limitations

Forbidden from committing acts of sabotage against private citizens, BuSab acts as a monitor of, and a conscience for, the collective sentiency, watching for signs of anti-sentient behaviour by corporate or government entities and preserving the dignity of individuals. Some essential functions of government are immune from BuSab by statute. BuSab is opposed by such organizations as the "Tax Watchers" who have successfully lobbied to grant themselves the same immunity from BuSab enjoyed by agencies such as public utilities.

BuSab monitors even itself and employs sabotage to prevent the agency from slipping into hidebound stasis. Agents are promoted to the head of the organization by successfully sabotaging the Secretary. By the same token, there is no term limit imposed on the Secretary of the Bureau of Sabotage. As long as he is alert enough to avoid being sabotaged, he remains qualified to lead BuSab
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by swoopaloop
Anonymous? Haha wow.

What can I say about them? Well I had fallen for their propaganda in their early days. Thinking "Wow I agree with everything they stand for". Then, nothing happened during the so called "phases" of their plan.

Then, yesterday I saw on 4chan a bunch of anon Representatives trolling a young girl who had killed herself because of bullying. Anonymous was doing this.

They're just a bunch of loser teenagers who can't get laid. Literally, they're trolls.
edit on 15-10-2012 by swoopaloop because: (no reason given)

L
L you either:
1-truly do not have a clue. :shk:
2-or are trolling yourself

you do know that some forums allow people to post anonymously [without signing up]
and this is often abused? nothing to do with the guy fawkes/bauta mask wearing group

do you?

4-chan huh? and you admit this?:shk:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Not flawed at all. If you read it you will see that I state that he is a sort of spokesperson. I am aware that he is not wikileaks in it's entirety, however he is one of the main people in the WL organization and has control of certain information. If he didn't then his dead man file would be worthless as any one that had the key could drop it if they had a fall out. ALSO as the poster boy for WL he has taken away a lot of attention that should have gone towards the releases.

FINALLY, it doesn't matter if it's Assange or WL they have still withheld information that was leaked to them for the purpose of releasing. You know me, I have been an adamant supporter of WL, but as time drags on, I don't feel they are serving their purpose. I feel there are a lot of whistleblowers that are regretting going to WL and would have preferred leaking to an org that released the info.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

I am talking about the statement from anon that they are withdrawing support for WL, not the statement by assange claiming that Anon's statement is just FBI infiltration. That is just him trying to downplay what's happened. A lot of people are becoming sincerely frustrated with Wikileaks that hasn't turned out as it was protrayed initially.

As I said before, I supported both groups, not I still support the concept of anonymous, but hope for a new and legitimate route for whistleblowers to leak their info without worrying about it being timed/controlled releases, or used as a dead man file, or used to help a leaker get a better deal. We just need an org that straight up releases it, protects the whistleblowers, and publicizes without the politics of WL.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
There's no consensus within Anon, there's no membership or any requirements. Some Anons (most I think) stand behind Assange a few don't and a few never have. It's not a US/UK/Euro thing, Anon is in the internet, the internet doesn't have borders. As far as Assange himself goes... I'm sick of hearing people whine about how he sold out and that includes any Anons that do so. The man is a political prisoner now, trapped in an Embassy. He's got legal bills and loans to repay, he's got a message to get out and is still the top source for whistleblowers to run to. His face plastered everywhere wasn't his doing and now he has to use his persona to wiggle out of the mess he's in.

We're not talking about someone who is whining about the potentiality for a slap on the wrist. He's neck deep in serious poo. His exposure also does nothing to the safety of whistleblowers, his fight has nothing to do with them staying anonymous... god people are silly.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

What info specifically was leaked to them but not released? Source? I know the BoA files were destroyed by the rat CIA punk who then went on to form openleaks. Other than that I'm not aware of any.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
i think assange got used to the good life.

the limos, luxury hotels, the importance and the celebrity.

news flash for assange.

people will donate when you release news shattering leaks and expose government lies, not to support your suit wardrobe.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Worst ever attempt to smear someone. JA is one of the most low key public figures ever. Often travelling on busses, trains and staying at supporters places instead of hotels. You should've just gone with the usual smears instead of that bs.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

Anonymous? Haha wow.

What can I say about them? Well I had fallen for their propaganda in their early days. Thinking "Wow I agree with everything they stand for". Then, nothing happened during the so called "phases" of their plan.

Then, yesterday I saw on 4chan a bunch of anon Representatives trolling a young girl who had killed herself because of bullying. Anonymous was doing this.

They're just a bunch of loser teenagers who can't get laid. Literally, they're trolls.
edit on 15-10-2012 by swoopaloop because: (no reason given)

L
L you either:
1-truly do not have a clue. :shk:
2-or are trolling yourself

you do know that some forums allow people to post anonymously [without signing up]
and this is often abused? nothing to do with the guy fawkes/bauta mask wearing group

do you?

4-chan huh? and you admit this?:shk:

1- yes I do have a clue that Anon REPS (That's right I said reps) were trolling the suicide of a young girl
2- Trolling is for Losers

Yes I do know. And these posters had Guy Fawkes Signatures and pictures with their posts. We are legion blah blah blah.

Don't go acting so high and mighty.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

1- yes I do have a clue that Anon REPS (That's right I said reps) were trolling the suicide of a young girl
2- Trolling is for Losers

Yes I do know. And these posters had Guy Fawkes Signatures and pictures with their posts. We are legion blah blah blah.

Don't go acting so high and mighty.

NO, you do NOT have a clue, or you'd know anybody can claim to be ANON.
even the corporations or agencies of the governments butt-hurt by previous Anon-Ops

as for me being high and mighty, that is a matter of YOUR perspective, if you see me as high and mighty what then, do you see yourself as?

Amanda Todd's Alleged Tormentor Named By Anonymous www.abovetopsecret.com...
Anonymous tracked down the jailbait-loving perv who destroyed Amanda Todd's life www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
i think assange got used to the good life.

the limos, luxury hotels, the importance and the celebrity.

news flash for assange.

people will donate when you release news shattering leaks and expose government lies, not to support your suit wardrobe.

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Worst ever attempt to smear someone. JA is one of the most low key public figures ever. Often travelling on busses, trains and staying at supporters places instead of hotels. You should've just gone with the usual smears instead of that bs.

indeed, and ironically made hidden by a veil of anonymity to boot.
shall we claim ANON said it?

amazing how many people just dont get it about ANON,
but that would require thinking for themselves,
a lost art for most these days.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
Seems like everybodies missing the point of my OP aha.

looks that way.

As for anon and wikileaks, the U.S. knows the drill divide and conquer. Works time and time again.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

Well.. there is his dead man files, but wikileaks has talked openly about delaying files.

Guess what, if WL would have released those files when they got them, they would have never gotten destroyed by that guy. As for other files, I would have to do a lot of digging, I followed it very closely for about a year, it's something I know for fact, but I don't know if I care enough to dig. If you want to go back and read a lot of old threads or search articles you can read about many things that never saw the light of day.
edit on 16-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It is easy these days to get confused or to be misinformed, but to me any Wiki-leaks and Anonymous discussion that ignores the CIA, Mossad, MI6 and Soros connection is missing a key bit of data needed to keep who is who and what is what in proper perspective.

Link for CIA, Mossad, Soros claim.
conspiracyplanet.com...

As for Anonymous, I question any group with supposedly so many computer experts and hackers that cant or wont find the missing money and name names of whose money it belongs to if indeed they know where the hidden loot is and whose name it belongs to.

If Anonymous truly wants to prove itself to the public, then it would expose what we need to know about all the corrupt officials, by naming names and providing the evidence of their crimes.

Instead both Wiki-leaks and Anonymous play politics with such data and as long as they do, they are not to be trusted for in their failure to prove their honesty to the people and by the people, we are left with two groups that talk a good show, but do nothing to truly harm the establishment in power, no matter what nation or group of corrupt officials are in charge.

This is why if Wiki-leaks and Assange are managed by the CIA, Mossad, MI6 and Soros then Anonymous could also be just a secret arm of those that seek to keep secrets. Since neither group represents the truth of anything and should be viewed as willing puppets of the controllers that seek to keep the truth from the public.

The Assange CIA Mossad connection should not be excused or ignored and for Anonymous to work with Wiki-leaks in any way only proves to me that neither group is honest nor does this group represent what is truly needed by the public to consider and be aware of.

Truth speaks volumes, but so far Wiki-leaks and Anonymous only serve their own interests as long as it profits them and this is why I do not trust either group to do anything that truly exposes the corruption.

Thanks for the thread, but an open mind and a memory of the CIA, Mossad connection should not be forgotten or ignored when mentioning or discussing Wiki-leaks or Anonymous.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Not sure what dead man files you're talking about? The one that had the uncensored cables in them? That key was released ages ago by that incompetent journalist dude and WL stopped the censoring and releasing of them then.
Also that CIA rat destroyed and took some files like US no fly list and BoA emails with him and destroyed the backups WL had. He did it because he was against the release of the cables.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join