It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell 1947... America's first attempt to Skydive from the edge of Space ???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rock Ape
So after watching Felix BumGardner on TV yesterday Me and the lads were having a few beers, when we got round to the plausible theory that :-

Roswell UFO incident (1947) was actually America's first attempt to have a Skydive from over 100,000ft ??

Obviously this attempt went disastrously wrong and the Airforce moved in to cover it up !!

It seems that all previous record breaking Skydives have been done in the same area.

Just a Theory.... Peace.

Rock Ape

Hardly something they'd want to cover up for the rest of eternity!

Yeah, a man dying after falling 100,000ft may have been a little embarrassing back in 1947, but it's hardly worth hiding it from the world!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris

Hardly something they'd want to cover up for the rest of eternity!

Yeah, a man dying after falling 100,000ft may have been a little embarrassing back in 1947, but it's hardly worth hiding it from the world!

And why not?
If the sky diver died in the experiment and they lied to his family, they have good reason to still keep this a secret. Chances are, this guy has family that is still alive, maybe a bunch of children. I don't think they want to go there and tell them ..."uh... well, we lied to you for 65 years... sorry", Besides the obvious embarrassment, they would expose the Air Force to a potential multi-multi-million dollar law suit.

The more I think about Rock Ape's suggestion, the more I like it. They had the balloons and the first pressure suits had been developed ... a prototype suit was tested to a simulated 90,000 feet at Wright Field in 1946. (Wikipedia).

I'm pretty sure the 1947 small town folks and children from Roswell had no clue what a guy in a pressure suit looked like, neither did the regular Army Air Force people. So, the misidentification of a mutilated body that fell from who knows how high wearing a pressure suit and oxygen mask is more than plausible.

And again, that such a test would have been top secret goes without saying.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I actually find this somewhat plausible, Kinda like an early ODST (Orbital drop shock troopers) from Halo.

Would have been insanely helpful since there would have been no tech at the time that could shoot down a drop pod traveling around 800 mph.

Would have allowed you to flank from behind. Imagine how helpful this would have been for the 101st.
edit on 15-10-2012 by Renegade2283 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I was thinkin what if he went so fast he went back in time in some dimension and he was who they saw in roswell in 1947 hahah.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nv4711

Exactly my thoughts. There are plenty of reasons for the gubmint to not disclose anything in this scenario. #1 and the only reason really needed is that it would be top secret.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I will not say that this idea is impossible, or even improbable. I think that from eyewitness descriptions there were in fact bodies of some type, and not dummies or mannequins. Whether they were alien bodies is something I question as well. I do not subscribe to the theory that there are aliens visiting Earth today, but this is one account that has always intrigued me.

It is documented that different people, like the DJ who was going to run a story and was said to have information regarding the truth of the incident, were pressured to some extent, as not only their demeanor, but their behavior, changed overnight. And there new "beliefs" involved the crash being nothing more than a weather balloon, or whatever. Just not an alien ship or alien bodies.

I have also looked into the process used to zoom into the picture where Gen. Ramey is holding the memo, with the text facing outward. Back then the technology was not available to do something like this, but it subsequently became available to the public. And upon utilizing these techniques and tools, the memo seems to confirm that the incident did indeed involve an alien craft. I do not trust this analysis 100%, but I am confident to a certain degree that the translation is correct. There are also many other aspects of the Roswell story that are simply strange, some that have been investigated, and some that have not.

I think we may find out the truth eventually, but I have a feeling the documents that we really would like to see will never be released. They probably do not even exist anymore. So I think that your idea is plausible, and although I don't believe in aliens visiting earth, that avenue has not been thoroughly exhausted and we have not received answers to any satisfactory degree that would allow me to make a call one way or the other.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
A big thanks to all the reply's from people with open minds...

And a thanks to the MOD's who snipped out the poorly worded counter arguments from the True believers, I expected no less.

Peace

Rock Ape.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I fear that you have just invented the new official roswell story

S+F for the drunken genius comment.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Erm.. Is it a joke thread? :-) If it really was a high altitude jump why would they cover it up?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by WideOpenSpace

Well it's a good question....

I'm not sure if you read every reply, but in them, Me and a few others have attempted to explain why such a project might have been a state secret and still remain one today.

Peace

Rock Ape

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
I fear that you have just invented the new official roswell story

S+F for the drunken genius comment.

Lol, yes, maybe there's an Air Force guy out there slapping his forehead saying "why didn't we think aboit this, it's perfect" :-))

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I just saw the history channels take on "ROSWELL" anyone else?

The explaination was the US government was testing a new form of surveilance. Supposedly placing cameras in weather balloons.

Sounds really helpful for fighting communism and criminals back then. ISo I guess that explains the weather balloon ideas, huh?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidzweber
I just saw the history channels take on "ROSWELL" anyone else?

The explaination was the US government was testing a new form of surveilance. Supposedly placing cameras in weather balloons.

Sounds really helpful for fighting communism and criminals back then. ISo I guess that explains the weather balloon ideas, huh?

Didn't see it but I guess they were referring to Project Mogul. the surveillance was not aimed at crime but to detect atomic bomb testing by the Russians with high altitude balloons outfitted with microphones and other detectors.

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
This seems like a very valid theory, good one OP.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Considering they said they had found a crashed disc, then later changed their story to a weather balloon, I know what I believe.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Rock Ape

it was actually Baumgartner's capsule that TIME traveled back to July 1947 and started the Roswell UFO conspiracy

there may even have been a couple blow-up dolls in there but don't quote me on that
edit on 19-10-2012 by reject because: TIME

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
yeah you are right about the disc theory, so some new honest agent let out too much too fast, maybe.
the books with blacked out texr and your disc admission seems a little to obvious.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join