It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shhh...Don't Rant.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
shhhhh. Be quiet.

Don't go against the grain..

You'll never win because the rules always change depending on who is on duty and who is in charge at the moment.

They just keep wielding the big stick until we get tired enough to stop. And we do stop, don't we?

Why?

Because if we want to have our privileges and allowances, we succumb to those that are granted the authority to beat us down.

Sound familiar?

NWO? TPTB? ILLUMINATI? Nope.

It's closer than you think.

Maybe...

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Dear jude11,

Not a bad rant at all!
I can feel the emotion clearly, and yet you haven't crossed any lines. Safe for now. (Unfortunately, sometimes being safe is the better choice.)

With respect.
Charles1952

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Because if we want to have our privileges and allowances, we succumb to those that are granted the authority to beat us down.

I'm curious as to what privileges and allowances you have been granted that are not granted to any user of this free site so long as they follow the posted rules. Please, do tell.

Also, are you saying a moderator on this site beat you down? By closing a duplicate thread and not closing your original thread. That's a beat down? Talk about thin skin...

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noncents

I'm curious as to what privileges and allowances you have been granted that are not granted to any user of this free site so long as they follow the posted rules. Please, do tell.

Also, are you saying a moderator on this site beat you down? By closing a duplicate thread and not closing your original thread. That's a beat down? Talk about thin skin...

B-B-But...

I never said anything about a previous thread.

Whatever are you referring to?

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Noncents

jude11 is a bigger dog than I am and doesn't need my support, but I do treasure the Rant forum. Remember?

Let loose some steam and get it off your chest! This is the place to rant about anything that does not attack other members, the staff, or ATS itself
He's doing just what this forum is for and he's not attacking other members, the staff, or ATS.

Ranting is important, and I'm not going to get in his way when he (or anyone else) feels the need to cut loose.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

B-B-But...

I know to not dance with the ignorant. They tend to step on toes. Good luck with your little whine, I hope it helped you feel better about your "beat down".

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

jude11 is a bigger dog than I am and doesn't need my support, but I do treasure the Rant forum. Remember?

Let loose some steam and get it off your chest! This is the place to rant about anything that does not attack other members, the staff, or ATS itself
He's doing just what this forum is for and he's not attacking other members, the staff, or ATS.

Ranting is important, and I'm not going to get in his way when he (or anyone else) feels the need to cut loose.

Still don't feel like a big dog as there are many more deserving of that title but I do appreciate your support.

Probably just one more rant that will fade into oblivion tho. It seems to be the norm lately.

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

B-B-But...

I know to not dance with the ignorant. They tend to step on toes. Good luck with your little whine, I hope it helped you feel better about your "beat down".

Yeah, I appreciate being your 54th post as a lesson in how to conduct myself on ATS.

Really, thanks for the insight based on your extensive experience.

Invaluable.

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Yeah, I appreciate being your 54th post as a lesson in how to conduct myself on ATS.

Invaluable.

Peace

This is what I expected from you.

I never said how to conduct yourself. I asked you what privileges you were granted and why you felt an admin closing a duplicate post was a beat down.

Please, let your ignorance shine a little bit more.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Invaluable.

Peace

This is what I expected from you.

I never said how to conduct yourself. I asked you what privileges you were granted and why you felt an admin closing a duplicate post was a beat down.

Please, let your ignorance shine a little bit more.

55th post and counting.

You didn't expect anything as you are only looking for a response to feed your action/reaction agenda.

Please, you are so transparent it's almost embarrassing replying to your posts but I...must...do...so...

Can't help it as it's just so entertaining.

And to add, did you really have any opinion on the original topic or do you just jump in anywhere there is conflict without having any background info whatsoever?

I would have more respect on your opinion of the previous OP than your pathetic attempt to derail anything you can get your hands on.

But hey, that's just me.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Actually what you said was

Which is an nonchalant way of stating the OP is ignorant. You expected it because you baited the response and got what it was that you wanted. Had you just let it go you would have proven your point but instead you chose to do exactly what you said you know better than doing and you actually asked for the dance.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Jude, unfortunately, we have all been where you are. The rules on ATS is not always fair, that is for sure. The thing that makes it extra irritating, and IMO extra absurd, is the FACT that the moderating is not always consistent. Some things are allowed, while that same thing is sometimes not allowed.

This makes it a hit miss type of thing, which, again IMO is not very good for moving forward, and will alienate some members, who might feel they are unfairly treated.

vvv

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well, not sure about a point but I did ask two questions which you have repeatedly ignored.

Think my post count means something? You should get out more. It's just a website.

I run a little forum, I've ran it for about three years now. I admin it myself and have three moderators. None of them ever handle every situation the same way each time because they are not the same person. It's a game forum for an online game. You remind me of one of my players. He also digs on dogs. He also overreacts and ignores direct questions. I mean, you seriously remind me of him.

Is that you MD? This is Tek.

Eh, whether you are somebody I know or not, you're overreacting both in this post and to my questions and I really like to think you know that.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Yeah, I know. I probably shouldn't have worded it like that. Point made, received.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Well, not sure about a point but I did ask two questions which you have repeatedly ignored.

Think my post count means something? You should get out more. It's just a website.

I run a little forum, I've ran it for about three years now. I admin it myself and have three moderators. None of them ever handle every situation the same way each time because they are not the same person. It's a game forum for an online game. You remind me of one of my players. He also digs on dogs. He also overreacts and ignores direct questions. I mean, you seriously remind me of him.

Is that you MD? This is Tek.

Eh, whether you are somebody I know or not, you're overreacting both in this post and to my questions and I really like to think you know that.

Well you can rule on your "little" game site and that's your right. (your words, not mine)

But until you get to know and understand the biggest alternative news and Conspiracy Theorist forum on the net (of which many of us are very proud of) please do your research into the issues at hand before attacking any members. New or old.

Example: Do you have any idea of how many long time members have had threads deleted with no reasonable explanations whatsoever over the last year? I do.

Do you have any idea how many of these threads were absolutely within the current T&C's but were deleted anyway without reasonable explanations? I do.

But I will say that you seem to be one to stand for what is right and I truly hope that you stand for the members on sites such as this rather than buckle to what is becoming the norm of censorship across the board.

I also hope you don't censor your site so tightly. We have enough of that in our day to day lives.

Peace

edit on 15-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Yeah, I've seen some wild things come and go here. Don't let the post count or sign up date fool you. Like most of us, I've been coming for years. I've seen threads come and go for apparently no reason. I'm sure there is always something though. From the other side of the fence, there usually is something. It isn't always visible to the users though so I try not to assume.

And yeah, my site is little. I've got about 200 regular players and maybe half of that actually use the forums. They are, overall, nothing like the ATS crowd so it's sort of a totally different ballgame. Robospam is usually the big offender, every once in a while people throw big fits over little things that go outside their accepted view of the internet. That's probably why I reacted the way I did. I don't think the admin here did anything wrong. He was cool enough to leave your original thread up.

But, to be honest, in understanding how things go around here I sort of also expected this thread to be gone by now too. The multiple rants in a row thing never seems to go over to well.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   

In Judes defense I would like to say one thing. Jude and I have been at ATS for almost the same amount to time and we have seen a lot of things go down. As I posted in the thread that was closed, I thought we were allowed to post a thread in 2 forums making the closed thread legal. After posting that post I went to the T&Cs to quote it and found the T&Cs have been changed and updated. Because I do know they have the stated right to change them I am usually pretty good at checking them from time to time but they have never been altered during my time here until now. I do not know when they altered them and it has been a while since my last visit to the T&Cs but it does go to show we should all check them for changes. We are no longer allowed to post a thread of the same or similar topic which is news to me at least. I did attempt to post this information in the other rant thread but it had been closed.

As we, Jude and I, are used to the "norm" because the rules never change, Jude was in the right to rant about its closure by what we have come to know. It really comes down to a lack of communication by ATS of changes AND not checking the T&Cs ourselves. As Jude stated, there have been a lot of threads closed or 404rd for no reason given publicly and even some of us have copied threads to read later and re read them to find violations trying to understand their removal and quite a few times have found none. So you see this frustration has been building in a lot of us for a while but we accept it as we love this site dearly. It has become, to a lot of us, a spouse or second lol and sometimes we just have to

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

I see where you're coming from. I've read my fair share of similar rants and I'm sure there will be more as time passes. On my end, I lost my cool when Jude came back with the "what?" type answer. Shouldn't have, but I did. Thankfully, I guess we're all in the right place for that, right?

I should probably take another look at the rules here as well since they've changed recently. Thanks for a heads up on that.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agarta

In Judes defense I would like to say one thing. Jude and I have been at ATS for almost the same amount to time and we have seen a lot of things go down. As I posted in the thread that was closed, I thought we were allowed to post a thread in 2 forums making the closed thread legal. After posting that post I went to the T&Cs to quote it and found the T&Cs have been changed and updated. Because I do know they have the stated right to change them I am usually pretty good at checking them from time to time but they have never been altered during my time here until now. I do not know when they altered them and it has been a while since my last visit to the T&Cs but it does go to show we should all check them for changes. We are no longer allowed to post a thread of the same or similar topic which is news to me at least. I did attempt to post this information in the other rant thread but it had been closed.

As we, Jude and I, are used to the "norm" because the rules never change, Jude was in the right to rant about its closure by what we have come to know. It really comes down to a lack of communication by ATS of changes AND not checking the T&Cs ourselves. As Jude stated, there have been a lot of threads closed or 404rd for no reason given publicly and even some of us have copied threads to read later and re read them to find violations trying to understand their removal and quite a few times have found none. So you see this frustration has been building in a lot of us for a while but we accept it as we love this site dearly. It has become, to a lot of us, a spouse or second lol and sometimes we just have to

Whew!

Thank you!

I thought I was in the right only to find the rules had changed...Without my knowing it.

Seems very similar to society in general.

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Yeah, I've seen some wild things come and go here. Don't let the post count or sign up date fool you. Like most of us, I've been coming for years. I've seen threads come and go for apparently no reason. I'm sure there is always something though. From the other side of the fence, there usually is something. It isn't always visible to the users though so I try not to assume.

And yeah, my site is little. I've got about 200 regular players and maybe half of that actually use the forums. They are, overall, nothing like the ATS crowd so it's sort of a totally different ballgame. Robospam is usually the big offender, every once in a while people throw big fits over little things that go outside their accepted view of the internet. That's probably why I reacted the way I did. I don't think the admin here did anything wrong. He was cool enough to leave your original thread up.

But, to be honest, in understanding how things go around here I sort of also expected this thread to be gone by now too. The multiple rants in a row thing never seems to go over to well.

Yup, ranting in multiple threads never goes over but I may or may not be referring to a certain thread.

Sometimes the mods realize that their actions were in haste but by that time the damage has been done. Shutting down the original topic. The only issue after the fact is that I have never seen a thread re-opened after the closure.

Seems to me that a "deny Ignorance" approach should also be embraced by the mods and threads should be re-opened after the "Closed for review" stamp or any "closed" for that matter. I have never seen it happen tho.

But what do I know? I just live here.

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join