Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Anti-Obama Rhetoric Frequently has Racist Overtones

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Racism and prejudice is alive and well in all "god fearing" countries. As such, the US qualifies, in spades.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
According to the Webster dictionary:

Racism:
1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2: racial prejudice or discrimination

If we're to have this conversation, let's be honest as to what we're talking about. Racism, as listed in #2, is racial prejudice or discrimination. I hope you notice it says nothing about one race holding superiority and power over another, simply the belief. Perhaps, if we want to understand people, we should look at what a word means and not what we think it means, in order to avoid confusion. The simple fact is that racism exists, in ALL races. Trying to use it for political gain is nonsense.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daddycougar
According to the Webster dictionary:

Racism:
1: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
2: racial prejudice or discrimination

If we're to have this conversation, let's be honest as to what we're talking about. Racism, as listed in #2, is racial prejudice or discrimination. I hope you notice it says nothing about one race holding superiority and power over another, simply the belief. Perhaps, if we want to understand people, we should look at what a word means and not what we think it means, in order to avoid confusion. The simple fact is that racism exists, in ALL races. Trying to use it for political gain is nonsense.

I'll go with curtain #1. And as for political gains, get real, fella. I'm not a dem or repub, left or right. I trust and believe nothing that they spew. Oh, another thing, I don't need a lesson in what words mean, as I'm very skilled at writing, and understanding the english language. Thanks for being concerned, though.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
About 15 percent of the reason I voted for Obama was because he was black. I saw that
as a good thing. I thought it would help heal America's old wounds, give black youth a positive role
model, and also repair America's damaged reputation with the rest of the world.

Boy was I a sucker! I was duped and led like a sheep by the nose, and it hurts more inside to
know that I could be that naive, than it does to admit to it publicly.

Obama and Bush are one in the same, both happily shredding the Bill of Rights and gathering
massive power to the executive branch. Barry is just a much better liar...

But I assure you my anti-Obama rhetoric has NOTHING to do with race, and everything
to do with a constitutional scholar who doesn't appear to have actually read the document.

I should add that while Barrack is an excellent liar, I think he is out-shined in that regard
by Mitt Romney.

edit on 16-10-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

i disagree. I don't think anyone has ever been as good a liar as Obama. Nor do I think I have ever seen as bad a liar as Romney. Now, Romney may be a more prodigious liar....but he is horrible at it. It is painful watching him stumble through one disingenuous speech after another. He is at his worst when he is trying to be witty, or to tie his talking points into a conversation while trying to remain topical.

Worst speaker ever.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join